Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Tau Aux Tallerian Dog-Soilder (lizardman)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[RX8]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:04 am
Old model but hey.
There is fluff in the Tau Codex and a picture in the 3rd Edition rule book or a reptile race in the Tau Empire so I made a model for it.

User Image

I greenstuffed the armour and used the arm shield to indent the Tau symbol in it. The spikes were removed from the model and head softened.

What do you think?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:57 am
Its umm certainly an interesting model...  

Dark Lore

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:49 pm
Are you sure you were confusing it with Kroot?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:53 pm

No, I'm kinda sure there is mention of some other creature.

I just pictured it more "dog" and less "iguana".

-Mykal

A.R.G.U.S Mykal

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:57 pm
A.R.G.U.S Mykal

No, I'm kinda sure there is mention of some other creature.

I just pictured it more "dog" and less "iguana".

-Mykal

Looks more like a Raptor to me, of the dinosaur variety.
Interesting, I wonder why they at least didnt mention it in the most recent codex.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:11 pm
I'm all for it - there was a WD article recently on Tau auxiliaries from all sorts of weird races - not the least of which was a lizardman race, albeit custom sculpted.  

FlashbackJon

[RX8]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:06 am
Check again, theirs a Wilkopedia page on them too though Dog-Soilder still seems a wierd name to me.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:27 pm
I like it, but the monster itself looks hideous, I can see why the got rid of it.
Was the pulse carbine considered a one hand weapon back then? I would think it would be too unwieldy for one hand.  

[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:29 am
Well, if you look at something with the preconception that dogs are four legged animals that are fluffy, then you'll not see it to be dog-gy. However, there's a large galaxy out there, and other systems and species may see a dog as something quite different than us.

From the way the head looks, I imagined it to be liazrd-y, though I also imagined that it'd be more hunched over and whatnot, rather than as "skinny" and "outstreched" as it is.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:15 pm
[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]
I like it, but the monster itself looks hideous, I can see why the got rid of it.
Was the pulse carbine considered a one hand weapon back then? I would think it would be too unwieldy for one hand.

No set rules on it, so what if they have something similar to True grit? (Hold bolter in one hand.) But for Pulse carbines.  

Andreis

imperial-cheif

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:03 am
Thats ******** pimp  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:45 pm
Andreis
[Sanity_is_for_the_Weak]

No set rules on it, so what if they have something similar to True grit? (Hold bolter in one hand.) But for Pulse carbines.

Perhapse he's just holding it one handed so he can swing his club? Hell, I've got models of Guardsmen holding rifles in one hand. I would think that a heafty beasty like that could swing it even easier.  

Savayan

2,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Full closet 200

milesun5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:49 pm
it looks like it would go with kroot...it could be a modified kroot shaper  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:26 am
i like it a lot, who know what or were the young adventerous tau empire as explored and absorbed into there machine. I like seeing creativity like this good work!  

Battle_Brother_Edward

Dizy_lizy

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:56 pm
Do you think there are rules anywhere for them, I thihnk it would be cool to play unit for fun with some friends some time.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games