Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
penguin's journal Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:16 pm
Intro:
I've been struggling with my weight my whole life. I don't think I've ever been obese, but I've been a bit overweight ever since middle school, and I'm sick of it. I'm actually only like 10 lbs away from a medically "healthy" weight, but I'm still pretty chubby.

Why I'm Fat:
A big reason why I've been overweight is my parents. They taught me to eat relatively healthy as far as getting all the nutrition I need (they make sure I had fruits and vegetables every day, etc), but they never really put enough of a limit on my junk food. Because of that, I still have trouble controlling myself when it comes to eating. However, a large part of that was that they would always keep junk food in the house: I can say no to junk food in the store, but not in the kitchen. And now that I'm in college, I get to decide what food is in the house (well, dorm whee ), so hopefully that'll help with my eating.

The other reason is that I don't get enough excersize. I've never really been sedentary, but I still don't excersize often enough to maintain a healthy weight. My goal is to get in 30-60 minutes of excersize every single day (cardio every day, weight training 4-5 days a week). This will probably be in the form of running on a treadmill. I much prefer Dance Dance Revolution for cardio, but unfortunately there isn't really room for it in my dorm. :<

Why I don't want to be fat:
So why do I want to lose weight? I'm tired of being "the fat one". That isn't how I want to be judged and remembered. No matter what fat people do, it's the trait that stands out the most to most other people no matter what. I want people to think of me as the nerdy physics major, or the one that's addicted to DDR, or the girl that plays video games, or the girl in jazz band... something that actually describes who I am as a person. I don't want to be the fat girl!

As for eating disorders, don't even worry about me. Seriously. I like food way too much to be anorexic and I like my tooth enamel and esophagus lining too much to be bolemic. 3nodding I'm just gonna stick to the food pyramid as much as I can.

Current weight:
Current mini-goal:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Overall goal:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Starting Stats:
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 190
Jeans size: 13
Shirt size: medium or large

Current Stats:
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 166
Pants size: 11
Shirt size: medium or large

Eventual Goal Stats:
Weight: 120-130 (I'm pretty sure I have big bones (no, really! mad d), so 120 might not even be possible/healthy. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, so for now the goal is 130. 120 would be nice, though. X))
Jeans size: 5-7
Shirt size: small/medium (actually, I can fit into some smalls right now... but I'd like to be able to fit into all of them mad d)

Goals by date (updated as of May 09 ):
TBA

BMI and percentile calculated from here, a BMI calculator for teens.

Weight Record (accurate weighings only)
03/28/07 - 183
07/07/07 - 176
04/27/08 - 166

Daily Code (so I don't have to write it out every time. X) You can use it in your journal if you want, too, I don't mind. biggrin ):

[color=indigo][b]Date:[/b][/color]

[color=indigo][b]Breakfast:[/b][/color]

[color=indigo][b]Lunch:[/b][/color]

[color=indigo][b]Snack:[/b][/color]

[color=indigo][b]Dinner:[/b][/color]

[color=indigo][b]Water:[/b][/color]

[color=indigo][b]Excersize:[/b][/color]

[color=indigo][b]Weight:[/b][/color]

[color=indigo][b]Comments:[/b][/color]

That's it for now. Feel free to post here if you want. :3  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:56 pm
Date:
02/27/07

Breakfast:
-1 pieces of buttered toast

Lunch:
-chinese chicken salad

Snack:
-cup of yogurt

Dinner:
-spaghetti & meatballs

Water:
-5/8

Excersize:
-15 min DDR

Comments:
Food isn't bad so far. Today was a fairly good day as far as food goes. They aren't all that good. sweatdrop I should drink more water and stop taking seconds at dinner. I'm not sure about how good the excersize is. Those 15 minutes are pretty intense (you'd understand if you've ever seen someone do dance dance revolution on heavy mode sweatdrop ) but there are still only 15 of them. whee From now on, I'm going to aim for about an hour of DDR on days where I don't have band rehearsal or a crapload of homework (i.e. not tomorrow).  

__penguin__
Captain

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:57 pm
Date:
02/28/07

Breakfast:
-poppyseed muffin

Lunch:
-cheeseburger
-small piece of jalapeƱo corn bread... thing

Snack:
-cup of yogurt

Dinner:
-teriyaki chicken + steamed rice

Water:
4/8

Excersize:
-walking about half a mile to the mall and back. X)

Comments:
Good food today aside from the cheeseburger. Actually, are muffins good for you or not? I have no idea. sweatdrop No excersize today 'cause I stayed at school from 7:45AM-9:00PM. Why? My friends and I always stay after school on Wednesdays 'cause we have band practice at 7:00. I'll make up for it tomorrow by doing some hardcore DDR. Oh yeah! I was proud of myself today. My friend brought a brownie cake thing because it was her little brother's birthday and gave some to everyone at lunchtime. But I said "no, thanks.". It looked really good, too. Next time I'm faced with junk food, I have to remember how much better it feels later not having eaten it. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:03 am
It is safe an advisable to lose around 8lbs a month.
Which works out to 2lbs a week.  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:10 pm
Groovy Spleen
It is safe an advisable to lose around 8lbs a month.
Which works out to 2lbs a week.

Okay, I think I gave myself plenty of time, then. Thanks! biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:17 pm
Date:
03/01/07

Breakfast:
-oatmeal

Lunch:
-individual pizza

Snack:
-jamba juice

Dinner:
-3 slices pizza gonk
-chicken wing

Water:
4/8 (and 1 bottle of vitamin water)

Excersize:
-like nothing cry

Comments:
Bad day today. But omfg, by the time I got home from school, my mom had already ordered a pizza for dinner not knowing that I'd had it for lunch. gonk And also, I realized that I can't work out or anything on days that I have tutoring. I get home too late and I wouldn't have time to do my homework. Blehhhh. Although I won't be eating at all from noon tomorrow to 6pm Saturday night! Don't worry, I'm not anorexic! The 30-hour famine is a fundraiser my church participates in every year to raise funds and awareness about world hunger. But anyway, in the last 3 days I haven't had any sweets! I'm proud of myself. 3nodding Since keeping track of all my meals, though, I've realized something. I definitely ate too many sweets before, but another big problem is the meals I eat every day.  

__penguin__
Captain

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:56 pm
Date:
03/02/07

Breakfast:
-poppyseed muffin

Lunch:
-pb&j on wheat

Snack:
-popsicle

Dinner:
-apple juice box
-.5 bottle gatorade
-peppermint tea

Water:
1/8

Excersize:
-nada :<

Comments:
30 hour famine started at noon today! They let us have water and juice and popsicles and stuff. I'm not sure how fasting for 30 hours helps the starving kids in Africa (don't worry, I raised like $60 for them biggrin ), but it was fun all the same (we all fast together at the church and have a sleepover with games and stuff 3nodding ). Apparantly fasting helps us experience hunger 'cause as Americans we never usually do.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:02 am
Date:
03/02/07

Breakfast:
.5 bottle gatorade

Lunch:
-raspberry lemonade

Snack:
-glass of tangerine juice

Dinner:
-chicken & swiss on wheat bread
-2 taquitos
-bottle of sobe fruit punch

Water:
3/8

Excersize:
-1hr DDR (I did it!!! biggrin )

Comments:
Finished 30 hour famine today. I didn't really even get that hungry, though. I was tempted to go for as long as I could to (kind of) actually feel what it's like to live in a third world country and be like OMFG I FREAKING NEED FOOD, DAMMIT! but I didn't want to damage my health or anything. biggrin I did get my excersize done today, but 20-30 minutes is like the max I can do of DDR without taking a rest, and if I take a rest, I get distracted and do otherstuff and never make it back to working out. :XP: I weighed myself again today; too bad every time I step on the scale it gives me a different weight (like, I step on, then step off, then stop on again right away and it's different). But yes. Tomorrow, I'm NOT HAVING ANY SECOND HELPINGS AT DINNER. And that's final! No matter what it is or how much is left! HMPH. Edit: Yay!!! I actually did a whole hour! It was split into three 20 minute runs, but still! I'll do it in 3s like that for a while until I can stand to do 30 minutes at a time.  

__penguin__
Captain

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:45 pm
Date:
03/04/07

Breakfast:
-oatmeal

Lunch:
-chicken fajita pita

Snack:
-biscuit

Dinner:
-almond chicken (chicken, carrots, zucchini, chestnuts) w/ white rice
-tangerinte juice

Water:
4/8

Excersize:
30 min. DDR

Comments:
I didn't reach my excersize goal, but I did turn down a piece of my favorite chocolate cream pie. :XP:  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:36 pm
Date:
03/05/07

Breakfast:
oatmeal

Lunch:
orange chicken w/ white rice

Snack:
a few bites of pie gonk

Dinner:
grilled chicken & swiss on wheat

Water:
2/8

Excersize:
none

Comments:
I had junk today for the first time in a while. gonk I also had to eat dinner super early because I have two classes from 5-9:30 tonight. gonk At least I should be able to excersize tomorrow. And d00d, I gotta remember this for when/if I get to my goal weight. The outfit I wore today, I was like... I would look so awesome in this if I was skinny. domokun I was inspired today! But why couldn't I have been inspired before I had the pie? gonk  

__penguin__
Captain

spiitze

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:42 pm
4laugh GOOD LUCK! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:21 pm
Date:
03/06/07

Breakfast:
oatmeal

Lunch:
roast beef sandwich
grapes
apple juice

Snack:
yogurt

Dinner:
teriyaki beef
steamed rice
chow mein

Water:
4/8

Excersize:
none xp

Comments:
I really didn't feel that well today so I didn't excersize at all even though I had tons of time. I took a nap instead. xp  

__penguin__
Captain

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:37 pm
Date:
03/07/07

Breakfast:
lemon poppyseed muffin

Lunch:
chinese chicken salad

Snack:
peanut butter toast

Dinner:
robeks juice (similar to jamba juice)
protein bar

Water:
3/8

Excersize:
None

Comments:
I will probably never have time to excersize on Wednesdays. xp The juice smoothie thing was really filling and there's a ton of calories in it anyway so I figured I was fine without dinner.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:14 am
Date:
03/08/07

Breakfast:
peanut butter toast

Lunch:
individual pizza

Snack:
jamba juice

Dinner:
pasta

Water:
4/8

Excersize:
none

Comments:
Guhhh, I like, can't excersize anymore. I seriously haven't been in the mood, whatever that means. sweatdrop Maybe it'll be easier once I'm not stressing myself into insanity over the SAT this weekend. gonk  

__penguin__
Captain

__penguin__
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:57 pm
Date:
03/09/07

Breakfast:
I forgot! gonk

Lunch:
teriyaki chicken bowl w/ steamed rice

Snack:
soba noodles

Dinner:
chicken w/ swiss on wheat

Water:
don't remember

Excersize:
nothing

Comments:
Uhhh sweatdrop I forgot to make an entry yesterday and I forgot, like, everything. Oh well. gonk  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff