Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Clashing with PaperO:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

p___ whore
  pool
  poll*
View Results

Chai Tae

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:06 pm
This is where I’ll keep all my drawings, sketches, and doodles.

Any critiques on my work would be nice. biggrin
My deviant

------------------------------------------------
2/24
Avi art
first draft second draft
Latest Drawing
first draft
second draft

Lastest wip
User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:15 pm
Cute start. A few crits
It looks lopsided and things don't have any volume. To fix both of these plan ahead, do some guidle lines, and draw through. Even if you can't see a part at the end, draw it, it'll help you remember how things work and things like clothing will sit more properly.  

Wispered

Iyou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:18 pm
You have very smooth, beautiful shading, and her eyes look lovely! I agree with Eejbeej, though - you should probably starting using basic guidelines until you get a better for how a head should be shaped. Just remember not to draw the guidelines too heavily and you can erase them very easily later.

I did a small redline to help you out. Her head doesn't quite fill out the area it needs to, and her chest area seems to be squished a little bit. One of the common mistakes I see most beginning artists making is drawing the breasts too high up on the chest, but in fact there's at least a whole head length between the bottom of the head and the middle of the breasts.

User Image

I hope this helps you out a little bit! It's a very pretty picture. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:59 pm
Hmm, Iyou pretty much covered the major mistakes. So the only thing I have left to say is that the abrupt ending of shading at the top of her head looks a bit unnatural. Try blending out the shading more.

Other than that, I like her curls. heart  

Sriae

Chai Tae

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:24 pm

.__.Whoa man.Thanks for the critics the guideline picture from iyou was very helpful. I'm off to make a new draftx3.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:58 pm

Yayx3
A new picture

Chai Tae

Dapper Codger

Majestic Harmony

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:33 pm
Great improvment. n.n
Especially on teh boobs. O:

Good luck. :3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:40 am
Deffinately looking better. I think what I'm going to recommend (and everyone hates hearing this, but it helps, trust me) is some life drawing. Right now it looks like you have a general understanding of anatomy, but things like how the armpit connects to the body, things we don't usually pay attention to, elude you. Even if you just study the people around you and photos, use reference, it should help immensely.
But, I just want to mention again that the second one is a great improvement. Well done ^_^  

Wispered

Chai Tae

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:29 pm

A new drawing uploaded biggrin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:56 pm
Yay! Your anatomy has already significantly improved. 3nodding I'll post my critique of it in my mentor thread tomorrow because I'm getting a major migraine right now and should probably go lie down for the night. But I just wanted to let you know I saw the picture and I'm thinking about it. whee  

Iyou

Chai Tae

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:12 pm

Yayx3sankyer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:34 pm
hummm might i suggest working on your hands a bit too? they tend to be kinda tricky but in general your hand opened is about the size of your face, here is a pretty useful guide for hands *nods*  

Jitsumi1221

Chai Tae

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:37 pm

updateO:yay update

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:00 pm
Hey there, you're getting better each time. It's exciting to see ^_^
Proportions on things like the hands still need some work. Have you tried doing this pose in front of a mirror? It may help you see the size of things in relation to everything else. Being that artists are visual learners it usually helps if we can see the things we are aiming for.
But keep up the awesome work, its great that you keep improving.  

Wispered

Chai Tae

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:41 am
Eejbeej
Hey there, you're getting better each time. It's exciting to see ^_^
Proportions on things like the hands still need some work. Have you tried doing this pose in front of a mirror? It may help you see the size of things in relation to everything else. Being that artists are visual learners it usually helps if we can see the things we are aiming for.
But keep up the awesome work, its great that you keep improving.

Yesum I do teh mirror thing ofteno.o;; sometimes making a expression without noticing when i'm drawingDX really gotta watch out for that^^;;
btw thanks fer teh advice biggrin  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff