Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
I want to lose alot

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lucky Cura

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:07 pm
Height: 5"8
Weight: 180-187(not overweight) i might be 168 im not sure
Goal: 150
I want some muscle.

I usually eat Special K For Breakfeast with 110 Calories in it and just regular milk not soy milk or anything.

Lunch: I might eat a Sandwich

Dinner: Umm different things usually meat (chicken,steak,pork)
corn, rice (white rice) japanese or chinese. Maybe a piece of bread sometimes i have spaghetti. I do not eat all this in one day ok just a normal meal probably lets say Rice, Steak, And corn on a plate and usually i drink water or milk. Orange Juice gives me headaches!

I do eat broccoli, apples, bananas and sometimes salad with ranch in place of a sandwich for lunch

For a snack i may have some popcorn or i have a bad habit of eating ice cream when i know i shouldnt i just dont over eat on it.

I do not know what i should really should be eating. if i should eat something else. I try to eat things with low calorie and low fat. I dont drink soda so much i drink water.

For exercises i do not know how much i should be doing i mean running is not my thing because it hurts alot. I like weight lifting better. and i can do sit ups not push ups. I like walking and sometimes i might run a bit then do some walking and repeat. I like bike riding. and im not sure...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:04 pm
Lifting your own body weight is great and this is coming from someone who loves lifting weights. If youc an't do pushups start by doing them against a counter or wall or table. The higher position makes the pushup easier while still working your body, remember to support with your abs in the movement. The lower your angel (table vs counter) the harder the movement will be.

Cardio can be anything that gets your muscles fired and your heart pumping. Running is hard on the joints and unless you are very fit it is easy to get tired and discouraged. I jog sometimes outside or on the treadmill and my knees are okay with jogging but they protest running. Walking/jogging in place in front of the TV (or any where), if you put yourself into it and get your heart rate up is a great free exercise. Jogging in place for a couple minutes then getting on the floor and doing crunches then getting up for more jogging (rinse and repeat) is a quick exercise you can do for 10 minutes or so.

How to tell if something is cardio: Your heart beats will increase as the blood pumps faster to your hard working muscles, your breath will increase to fill the blood going to those muscles with oxygen. Engaging the large muscle groups is what will bring your cardiovascular systems to that level.

Make sure you are eating for muscle gain! Your muscles need good lean proteins for fuel to repair themselves after you work them, that is how they get bigger and stronger. How many reps do you do? Are you going for just bulk and trying to raise your one rep max or are you training for gains in strength and size (8-10reps)? I recommend going for strength and not just "visual mass" but I'm curious. If you're not eating enough calories or not enough protein your body won't be able to create the kind of gains it could with good food. This doesn't mean eat more calories than you need but it means eating smart.

A bunch of food/calorie type calculators on global fitness. Remember calculators are only guides - they have no idea who you are or what you need the just kinda guesstimate.

about.com is a great resource for learning about fitness and the like.

Other than that if you back post you should find some helpful stuff on food and exercise and stuff.

Remember to stay hydrated! Water water water water. You can't do anything without it.

And welcome!  

dangerousfish

Lucky Cura

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:15 am
Thanks  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games