Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iyou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:58 pm
Edited by Errol McGillivray (8/6/09)

Introduce yourself and get to know the other members!

As a consideration for each other, if you want to show a sample of your work, please link using the URL button and name the image something short to minimize page stretching.

Thank you!

---------

As for me... You can call me Iyou, I guess. x] I'm currently a freshman in college and am a chemistry/Japanese double major. (Translation: dorkus giganticus.) I started out drawing anime (badly) when I was twelve but now I tend to favor more realistic styles, although I've also been experimenting in Western-style cartooning as well. I also enjoy sewing a lot, although I don't have enough time to sew as much as I'd like.

Musicals and chocolate rock my world. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:09 pm
=D

I'm Marissael. It's just my name followed by 'el' (as though that weren't glaringly obvious), but everyone calls me Mari. ^^

I've been drawing all my life, though I've only recently started to really improve with the help of tutorials and whatnot. I'm a visual learner so things like that really help.

I'm not currently in school or employed (unfortunately, we're working on the latter part of that statement though) and probably considered too old to be on Gaia. I've been a member since November of '03.

I'm a dorky gamer girl, currently playing FFXI and Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria. I like anime and have since I was in high school. Right now I'm obsessed with Ghost Hunt and Saiunkoku Monogatari. I'm not really that good at cooking. ^^;;

And Iyou! You're not dorky at all! Though I did hear that double majors were tough. You speak Japanese?  

Marissael

Iyou

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:36 am
It's not too bad - I took Japanese in high school so I was able to test out of a few semesters of the language once I got to college. The toughest part is figuring out which classes I have to take to graduate, because some can count for both degrees and stuff. xD

I speak a little Japanese, but not well. xd I've had people tell me I was good, but I can barely carry conversations on at all. It doesn't really help that the Japanese classes I'm taking now are very writing/translation oriented.

Oh oh! I've always meant to get around to playing Valkyrie Profile. What's it like?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:42 am
Hey folks. My real name is Ember.
I have my diploma for Design and Digital Media as well as my Design Foundations certificate. I graduated this past summer. I worked in the industry for a while, but was in too corporate a setting blah blah blah, in short I'm unemployed but trying to make a go at freelance art as well as design. I've drawn my whole life sporadically, but I got serious about it in high school. I started in anime and though I still keep that influence, I've moved on to a more western style.

Uhhhh...Oh yes, I love stories and writing almost as much as drawing, so my biggest dream is to have my own graphic novels. Yes...plural. I'm working on that sporadically as well.

And I'm terribly excited to be part of a newly forming art community. And...as a side note, geeky girls are the best. I myself am a proud geekette. Though I'm more of a paper and pencil rpger than a video gamer.  

Wispered

LavenderMintRose

Cheery Sweetheart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:42 am
my (screen)name is Starre, I like anime and musicals, and drawing, and anime conventions. I'm going to New York ComicCon tommorow. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:48 pm
Hey everyone! I'm Ginneko, but I'm more commonly known as Phoenix. I'm a freshman college student attending SCAD, and my major is Animation with a Sequential Art minor. 3nodding

My hobbies and intrests include Art (mostly fantasy and anime genres), anime and manga (name a series,and I've probably watched and/or read it), going to anime conventions, reading fantasy novels, writing fanfics, playing RPG video games(you name it, I've probably played it), and I'm in the process of starting my own web comic/manga.

Hmmm...I speak barely any japanese, though I've watched soooo much subbed anime, I've picked up words here and there. xp Sadly none of my schools offered the language, so I was stuck taking 2 years of Latin and 2 years of Spanish. Yo hablo no espanol!

So...yeah. Nice to meet you all! heart  

Ginneko

Bare Naked Mizzie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:23 pm
HULLO! I AM MIZZER! =O

I am 22. I have a BA in Psychology and am currently substitute teacher until I find a real job. When I can afford to move, I'll be going for my Masters in Expressive therapies (music and art) at Leslie (already been accepted sweatdrop ).

I've been drawing/painting/arting for most of my life. I was considered one of those "WHOAMGAMAZING" child prodigies. Man, did I ever prove them wrong! xD I got back into art briefly in high school, but didn't get serious about it until my junior year of college. Been artin' hard ever since. *Metal sign*

I'm a complete r tard when it comes to anime. I love the old school stuff like the first two DB story arcs and Yoroiden Samurai Troopers. whee

Haha. I guess that's it.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:15 pm
Iyou
It's not too bad - I took Japanese in high school so I was able to test out of a few semesters of the language once I got to college. The toughest part is figuring out which classes I have to take to graduate, because some can count for both degrees and stuff. xD

I speak a little Japanese, but not well. xd I've had people tell me I was good, but I can barely carry conversations on at all. It doesn't really help that the Japanese classes I'm taking now are very writing/translation oriented.

Oh oh! I've always meant to get around to playing Valkyrie Profile. What's it like?

Still, being able to at least write Japanese and translate stuff is nice. I need to learn as I still love collecting some manga that is in Japanese. My boyfriend speaks it some, and I should really take him up on his offer of trying to teach me sometime soon.

And Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria is a good game, I'm really enjoying it. Unless you were talking about the first ValPro, but that's a good game to, I was one of the few who actually bought it so many years ago when it came out.  

Marissael

aliira

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:01 pm
hello im aliira. im a senior in high school. i want to major in graphic design or some kind of visual art but i may end up in software engineering.

ive been drawing more seriously for the past 3-4 years. mostly anime style. this year ive also started painting (people, portraits, etc). hobbies..i like music, i read manga when i have the chance, but i dont watch much anime.

thats all i can think of.. heart nice to meet you  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:59 pm
Hi guys. I'm a freshman in highschool biggrin . My deviantart's http://kidandmoody.deviantart.com. But right now for some reason I'm not able to go on that site. Sometime in the future I want to be an animator, storyboard artist, concept artist, or character designer, but I don't really know what to choose.

My hobbies (other than art) include reading, playing the piano, writing, and snowboarding biggrin . I don't know what direction i'm headed to so far in style, but I'm trying to be open to everything.

2/23:
Can someone clue me in as to why I can't go on DA? When I go on that site, it says 'no document data' (I'm using Mozilla). I'm pretty sure it isn't blocked either razz . You think it's server problems? Internet works just fine though.  

Mellow Noise

Lanae of Lost Hope

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:51 am
Uh...hello, I'm Lanae. I'm a graduate of high school... year of '05 and I currently work at a movie theatre. ^^;; Yay... I'm currently two decades old and my dream is to be a webcomic artist and hopefully I'll go to college this year. I'm a little... nervous around people I don't know. Alright, I'm downright shy natured, hopefully I can warm up to you guys. o.o

Other than attempting to draw seriously (many awful art blocks x_x) for a couple years, my hobbies are manga, anime, rock collecting, fishing, doodling, driving, chocheting, and anything else the arouses my curiousity or is very shiny. Oh, I forgot to add that I find interest in the occult and tarot cards. >>;

My current style....basic anime. I'm hoping to change that in the near future. o.o

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:18 am
Welcome to the guild, everyone!

Don't worry, Lanae. We're all new here, so there's sure to be plenty of awkwardness around here that's not coming from you. xd

And shiny things rule. heart  

Iyou

Lanae of Lost Hope

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:30 pm
Iyou
Welcome to the guild, everyone!

Don't worry, Lanae. We're all new here, so there's sure to be plenty of awkwardness around here that's not coming from you. xd

And shiny things rule. heart
Okie dokie and yes, shiny things rule. :3  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:32 pm

'ellar allO:
My name is Yueying.
I like to slack off and sleep.
I like to play videogames and I'm STILL waiting for the wii to be back in stockD:. I'm an easy going person often easy to please and....thats itO:.

Chai Tae

Dapper Codger

Kaxen

Dapper Dabbler

8,250 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:01 pm
I'm Kaxen. I'm a high school senior. I want to do comics or (and?) animation for a living. @_@ Though I know I need to buckle down good and do more figure drawing some time...

My deviant art and webcomic are in my signature.  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff