Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
what will fill me up with out all that fat

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

meme446

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:16 pm
i need to lose ponds and i need some thing to fill me up that wont slow me down so i need a lot of help  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:07 pm
Food is probably a good choice.

Nutrition is pretty simple.
Fruits, vegetable, wholegrains, protein.

Fruitjuice does not count as fruit.
A double cheeseburger does not count as protein. Even though it may have some in it.

Most processed or prepackaged foods are not going to be good for you.

Use your common sense.
You can't fill up on rice cakes. There's not ONE food that's going to satisfy you and make all your weightloss dreams come true. Proper nutrition is pretty essential.  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:57 am
For energy, you need both proteins and carbohydrates. For feeling full, you need bulk. Good news: bulk which comes from fibrous foods is very healthy for you! Fill 2/3 of your plate with vegetables (not cooked with lots of butter, oil, or grease) and/or fruits, at every meal time, and the rest with something with protein. Vegetables and fruits contain both carbohydrates and fiber, which will help you feel full and satisfied.

I've posted Weight Watchers' "Good Health Guidelines" in the Weight Watchers Discussion thread. Check those out. I've been following those since last march, and have lost 50 pounds by following them. In the previous year, I only lost ten pounds, so I think you'll agree that these guidelines are seriously working for me. They will work for anyone, I promise!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:18 am
|| ^.o.^~ Wan Wan~!! (woof woof) ||

Yummy foods like hot oatmeal, and "wheat" cereals for breakfast are great for you. What you need to do is add fiber to your diet by eating more vegetables. Always eat a salad with your meals. *without dressing or in a light vinegrette or with olvie oil & herbs* Salad is virtually calories free and will help you feel full. Make sure you eat plenty of protein. the best protein comes from legumes *beans* and white or "lean" meats such as fish, and certain portions of poultry *chicken*.

Also as Divash sugested, check out wheight watchers guidelines. :]

|| happily I live as doggirl ||

Deerhart

5,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Full closet 200

dangerousfish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:21 pm
It seems that I always agree with Groovy Spleen, I also agree with everyone else in here, too. Read food is what people need to eat. Commonly people "dieting" don't eat enough calories to lose and they don't eat the real food their bodies really want. Also, drink water and stay hydrated.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games