Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
And then it hit me....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Queen.Cellophane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:53 pm
I have no idea what I'm doing.
With this weight loss thing. I don't know what's good and what's bad, what's the right amount of exersise, it makes me frustrated.
Help?
Queenie cry  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:24 pm
Gee.
Thanks guys.  

Queen.Cellophane

Groovy Spleen
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:03 pm
Eat nutritionally balanced meals.
Avoid processed foods. Bleached foods. Foods with a huge list of additives you cant pronounce.
Exercise. Often and within your limit.
If you cant move the next day, you've probably overexercised.
You get results from consistant, vigerous workouts.
Not once in a while, super-strenuous workouts.
Research.
Don't go by heresay ie; "Hey, I hear a really good way to lsoe weight IS"
Eat until you feel satisfied, not until you feel full.
Switch all drinks for water. If you are an avid juice or soda drinker, this alone will drop you down at LEAST 5lbs in the first month.
Count calories. At least the first month. Or at least keep a journal of everything you put into yourself, be it juice, a hamburger, or a bite of someone else's cheesecake. It will let you see how much you REALLY eat.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:25 pm
It's okay, I don't know what I'm doing either. D:  

Zealous Blue

dangerousfish

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:00 pm
I agree with Groovy Spleen. Also, a lot of it is just learning and unless you go to school for fat loss most of what you need will be self-research, taking and discarding information that doesn't work for you or is outright wrong (like diet pills) and keeping the good. I did use ediets.com back in the day and it did teach me a little. The great part about most help sites is they have free newsletters: ediets, denise austin, global fitness, etc - they all have free emails and articles to help. about.com is pretty great for learning, I know I linked them several time in my post about weight lifting.

Things that I consider "must do":
water water water (this is on everyone's "must do" unless you eat a high veggie/fruit vegetarian diet). 6-8 glasses a day is the minimum you should be drinking. I drink about a gallon in addition to my iced green tea. Don't do something weird like drink a gallon in a short time span.

working out 45 minutes most days of the week, moderately intense cardio. weight lifting every other day.

Eating the bulk of my calories in the morning/afternoon. If you're not hungry when you wake up that means you snacked too much the night before. Everyone I've ever read or talked to says that you should be hungry when you wake up - your stomach should have been empty for hours.

Everything is else going to be my personal eating habits and foods, which you'll have to work out for yourself to see what you can stick with. Probably the two foods I couldn't do without: my protein oatmeal and lowfat cottage cheese.

I have my posts on Walk Away the Pounds, weight lifting, and calorieking.com, if that would help.

Also, the community is pretty slow moving, I don't think you should think people are ignoring you when you don't get a reply within hours.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:33 pm
Thanks so much guys.
And I'm sorry about that snippy post- I was having a bad day (Okey okey, excuses excuses, but it truely was one of those s**t days)
I'm hoping to do better  

Queen.Cellophane

dangerousfish

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:59 pm
Queen.Cellophane
Thanks so much guys.
And I'm sorry about that snippy post- I was having a bad day (Okey okey, excuses excuses, but it truely was one of those s**t days)
I'm hoping to do better

We all have bad days, thanks for apologizing and don't worry about just this time.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games