Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Exercise in the House

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Free ^_^
  Goldz ^_^
View Results

Yuura-Sama

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:39 am
What exercises can I do in my house because I dont have enough money for the gym .

Please list the exercises and what part of the body they lose .

Thanks ^_^

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:16 am
Personally, I play DDR. I just burned 67 kcals in 15 mins time. Doesn't seem like much, but play for 20min a few times a day and you can burn quite a bit.

I use DDR Extreme 'cause it has a workout mode that shows you how much you've burned.  

akironake

dangerousfish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:11 am
I just bumped it but here is a link to my thread about in-home walking. It is about a set of tapes but you can walk/jog in front of your TV for free. 3nodding

Here is a copy/paste from some exercises I suggested from another post:
dangerousfish
Here is the link to my guide to weights that is full of links and some of my experiences and it may help. If you don't want to buy some dumbbells than there are weight bering exercies you can do sans weights - like pushups. If you can't do many pushups on the ground a good way is too do incline pushups off of counter tops or walls, the lower the counter top the harder the pushup will be. Another pushup modification is to do them with you knees in contact with the floor. Pushups work your chest (sexy firm muscle for your breasts to sit on and be perky), your shoulders, your triceps, and your biceps, abs, and thighs support you through the motion. They are a really great exercise for the whole body.

Tricep Dips
: Are the exercise I see the most gains in the droopy tricep area, more than lifting weights. The link dip uses a machine but I use a bench or the edge of my couch (after I clear away the coffee table sweatdrop ). You want you hands on a firm surface, fingers pointing out, stretch your legs out in front of you and lift and lower youself using your arms. The closer your legs are to your body the easier the motion.

T-stand: Although this is an ab exercise you do also use an arm to hold you up as well. If you're more advanced in the abs than in Denise modification you could put both your legs out instead of moving one up like in the picture.

http://pilates.about.com/od/pilatesmat/ss/Plank.htm:Another exercise that works the abs but with assists from the arms. Lots of plank links

So I can't really think of non weight lifting excellent arm exercises buy pushups and dips but those are still going to give you results, lifting your own body weight is incredible.

My arm routine, every other day:
bicep curl x 10rep
shoulder press x 10 rep
tricep extension x 10rep
cycle through all three, 3 times (3 sets each) with a weight I can lift to temporary muscle fatigue in 10 reps
I also rock the tricep dip and counter pushups (counter pushups are a great "do I really need to eat or am I just bored?" Test)

If you're new to lifting weights starting out at 12 reps with a lower weight (that you can lift to temp. muscle fatigue in 12 reps) would be better than my 10. Learning good form is important.

Don't get caught up in what is "advanced" or not if it is challenging for you then that is awesome for you personally. Since you're asking I assume you aren't scared of getting giant arms which is very awesome because it just can't happen to us womens and our lack of high levels of manly testosterone. Unless we start drugging or work insanely hard to drop our body fat to 10% or so (I'm aiming for around 20 which is fit but no where near a body builder's body fat) we just aren't going to have the visual mass men can build.

Hope this helped and rock on!

Hope this helped and remember that searching the internet for new exercises is a great thing. I do it all the time.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:20 am
Oh man, there are MILLIONS.
Sit ups, pushups, football sprints, squats, lunges, crunches, pilates, workout tapes, resistance exercises.

There are literally THOUSANDS of exercises you can do with little to no equipment.

Sparkpeople.com has quite a big list of them actually.

I'd also suggest some small 3-5 weights to start off.
Building muscle is an extremely important part of losing weight,.  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:34 am
Weight lifting: Get a can of vegetables or a jug of milk in each hand and do arm curls. Sit on a dining chair with another chair between your feet, and lift the chair by straightening your legs. Fill up your backpack with cans of soda and put it on, then do squats. Lift a child/baby and play with them.

Calisthenics: situps, pushups, squats, lunges, crunches.

Jog, run, and/or skip outside down the block, when the weather isn't too oppressive.

Dance Dance Revolution, if you've got it, is fantastic. I've got a friend who's lost about 100 pounds using DDR as her primary form of exercise.

Tummy and butt clenches. You can do that while sitting at your computer desk, working on homework.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:53 am
akironake
Personally, I play DDR. I just burned 67 kcals in 15 mins time. Doesn't seem like much, but play for 20min a few times a day and you can burn quite a bit.

I use DDR Extreme 'cause it has a workout mode that shows you how much you've burned.

same here  

Zakuro_okami

-Linnie Chan-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:52 am
akironake

I agree, DDR works wonders. And it's fun too! And very easy to get addicted too..

I usually play about 5 hour marathons. Only because I enjoy it so much.. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:54 pm
Stock up on exercise videos x3

I also walk/jog in the house and do light weight lifting. 3nodding

StilettoReject

KasumiToramizu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:15 pm
Quote:
Stock up on exercise videos x3

I also walk/jog in the house and do light weight lifting

I agree. Exercise videos rule!

I also do sit-ups alot.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:34 pm
I end up riding the stationary bike my parents bought for themselves (and never use, but hey! It's good for me!) for an hour each day. Though I'm thinking about jumping it to an hour and a half in a week - then two hours two weeks after that. At night I put on the bug spray and walk around for half an hour as well, dogs do wonders for making you exercise.  

Gravity Butterfly

Sugar Eila

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:34 am
If you have steps, running up and down those are fun biggrin  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games