Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Relationships With Potential Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Free gold?
Yes, please!
100%
 100%  [ 39 ]
Total Votes : 39

retice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:16 pm
So this has been bugging me for the better part of a few weeks now, and I was curious.
Have you ever watched something in which there are two characters that could very easily be slashed, if only they were... capable?
For example, movies that center around animals or otherwise unhuman creatures in which said main characters have human-like personalities. Ice Age. The Lion King. Spongebob Squarepants. Pokemon. Etc.

I happen to know from surfing the guild that discussions have arisen about this, but there isn't really a thread with this as the actual topic, as far as I could tell. I know from personal experience that this has happened to me quite often. The chemistry is there, but... it's like the characters themselves are trying to see how hard they can push you before you rip your hair out in frustration and cry "OH GOODNESS! THE POTENTIAL!"

Here are examples that are personally infuriating for me:

[Ice Age] Diego/Sid
[Lilo and Stitch] Jumba/Pleakley
[Invader Zim] Zim/Dib, the Tallest (I WANT TO SO BADLY BUT I JUST CANT DO IT!)
More to come as I remember them.

I'd love to hear what you guys can come up with. What do you do when this happens to you? Do you draw fanart in which the characters are made human? Do you write fanfiction? Do you not even care and actively ship the pairing anyway? Discuss. =D  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:31 pm
retice
So this has been bugging me for the better part of a few weeks now, and I was curious.
Have you ever watched something in which there are two characters that could very easily be slashed, if only they were... capable?
For example, movies that center around animals or otherwise unhuman creatures in which said main characters have human-like personalities. Ice Age. The Lion King. Spongebob Squarepants. Pokemon. Etc.

I happen to know from surfing the guild that discussions have arisen about this, but there isn't really a thread with this as the actual topic, as far as I could tell. I know from personal experience that this has happened to me quite often. The chemistry is there, but... it's like the characters themselves are trying to see how hard they can push you before you rip your hair out in frustration and cry "OH GOODNESS! THE POTENTIAL!"

Here are examples that are personally infuriating for me:

[Ice Age] Diego/Sid
[Lilo and Stitch] Jumba/Pleakley
[Invader Zim] Zim/Dib, the Tallest (I WANT TO SO BADLY BUT I JUST CANT DO IT!)
More to come as I remember them.

I'd love to hear what you guys can come up with. What do you do when this happens to you? Do you draw fanart in which the characters are made human? Do you write fanfiction? Do you not even care and actively ship the pairing anyway? Discuss. =D

yes I have seen some movies like that... exclaim  

jene-chan

[Ren The Ryoko]

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:06 pm
So many Pokemon....

Ash/Pika
Squirtle/Bulba
Charizard/Ash

Lion King was killer for me. Hell, I slash it any way!

Scar/Simba
Mufasha/Scar
Simba/Kovu  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:27 pm
[Ren The Ryoko]
So many Pokemon....

Ash/Pika
Squirtle/Bulba
Charizard/Ash

Scar/Simba
Mufasha/Scar
Simba/Kovu

And Pumba/Timon.
XD

Actually, I once slashed Simba/Timon too. ::laughs:: It wasn't my fault, though! I was with my friend and we were seeing the show on Broadway and Simba was so sexually frustrated it was ridiculous! And then he advances towards Timon, and my friend (a straight male) was like "He's going to rape him!" and the little girl in front of him turns and stares and it was SO funny. XD  

retice

For-Chan Cookie
Captain

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:42 pm
Why would the fact that they're not human stop you? If a pairing is cute, it's cute. There doesn't have to be any sex involved to make a cute pairing. Personally, I think Jumba and Pleakley are so married! They're an OTP I tell you! I feel no need to turn them into humans or anything else. I'd write them as is, if I wrote them. I've seen plenty of art from Disney movies that kept he characters as is. Hell, I've seen Lumiere/Cogsworth art from Beauty and the Beast, with both characters in their candle/clock forms. I think it's cute. And I should know, I've slashed M&Ms.

Anyway, the way I see it, there is no reason not to slash them, human or not. They need love too.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:49 pm
If I can see the pairing, I have no qualms slashing it.  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:56 am
John Smith/Thomas

Since Pocahontas leaves him for John Rolfe, the poor guy is all alone! sad And a sexy guy like him can't be alone! Besides, Thomas is always admiring him and everything in the movie, it's obvious he's got a crush! whee Mwahahaha, they're my Pocahontas OTP!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:17 pm
wow.  

Firey Mitsuki

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:42 am
SilverMaple
John Smith/Thomas

I love that pairing. *___*  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:57 am
LadyNox
SilverMaple
John Smith/Thomas

Haha, same here. I'm always doing that to movies...  

Ks-gun-girl

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:46 am
Ks-gun-girl
LadyNox
SilverMaple
John Smith/Thomas

Haha, same here. I'm always doing that to movies...

Woohoo! I'm not alone! xd Wish they had more fanfics of them, though...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:55 am
SilverMaple
John Smith/Thomas

mwahaha i noticed that a couple of weeks ago when i watched that film for the first time in years!  

Pomba Gira

retice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:25 pm
I haven't seen Pocahontas in years! =0 I really gotta rewatch it.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:15 pm
SilverMaple
John Smith/Thomas

Since Pocahontas leaves him for John Rolfe, the poor guy is all alone! sad And a sexy guy like him can't be alone! Besides, Thomas is always admiring him and everything in the movie, it's obvious he's got a crush! whee Mwahahaha, they're my Pocahontas OTP!

thats so hot!!!!  

bubbliciousxqt

Katastrophic_Kate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:29 pm
retice
[Ren The Ryoko]
So many Pokemon....

Ash/Pika
Squirtle/Bulba
Charizard/Ash

Scar/Simba
Mufasha/Scar
Simba/Kovu

And Pumba/Timon.
XD

Actually, I once slashed Simba/Timon too. ::laughs:: It wasn't my fault, though! I was with my friend and we were seeing the show on Broadway and Simba was so sexually frustrated it was ridiculous! And then he advances towards Timon, and my friend (a straight male) was like "He's going to rape him!" and the little girl in front of him turns and stares and it was SO funny. XD[/quote
That's great!
It remends me of watching Cinderella with my friends and one of their dads.
We were commenting on how Gusgus and Jaq were Sooo a couple. Then one friend just randomly askes "So which one would be on top?"
and her dad randomly answers "Gusgus is definately the b***h."
We all just tuned and stared at him with identical looks of "OMFG" on our faces

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas