Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
Lyrics Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

P!ATD
  <3
View Results

Zwangy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:36 pm
Looking around the guild I noticed an important thread was missing; a thread about lyrics.

Discuss:
-Favorite song
-Lyrics of favorite song
-Meaning of the lyrics
-Why P!ATD rocks so much!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:17 am
I think my favorite line of lyrics on the whole album just might be, "Tonight tenants range from: a lawyer and a virgin, accessorizing with a rosary, tucked inside her lingerie," from Build God, Then We'll Talk. And I love how right after Brendon sings that, Ryan and Brendon trade off the lines... Ryan: She's getting a job at the firm come Monday. Brendon: The Mrs. will stay with the cheating attorney. Ryan: Moonlighting aside, she really needs his money. Brendon: Oh, wonderful caricature of intimacy. Well, they don't do that on the album, but they usually always trade off like that when they are performing live. They just sing that part out really strong. I think all the lyrics of Build God, Then We'll Talk are pretty much amazing. And the story makes me giggle. <3 My dad goes around the house singing, "What a wonderful caricature of intimacy.." It's funny.

I also love, "You're a regular decorated emergency, the bruises and contusions will remind me what you did when you wake. You've earned a place atop the ICU's hall of fame. The camera caught you causing a commotion on the gurney again," in Camisado. Brendon sings that so fast, but his pronunciation is amazing. I think Camisado is my favorite song on the album, considering the meaning [Ryan's drunken father], the lyrics, and the catchy beat.

I could go on and on about the lyrics. I love the chorus's in "London Beckoned Songs.." and "The Only Difference Between.." I think the lyrics in those choruses are just fun and like, danceable. You know? And the way "The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide Is Press Coverage" starts out. Like, right off the bat of each of P!ATD's concerts, they tell their fans to "Sit tight. I'm going to need you to keep time. Comon, just snap snap snap those fingers for me. Good, good, we're making some progress comon, just tap tap tap your toes to the beat." I think it's just a really good song to start out with during a concert, and an album in general. And then the song continues to tell them that this only the beginning of the concert because it explains how "this is just the prologue."

PrimeRibby
Captain

jesse quick

Swashbuckling Gekko

9,350 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Olympian 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:58 pm
i love all the lyrics but some of my favourites are ones that they dont actually sing but are still in the lyrics. the little comments that i think take the song from just being good to being greta. it really adds meaning to the whole thing.
one example is in i write sins not tragedies after whore it has in the lyrics "Oh dear. her identity just spilled all over the floor. can somebody help her?" i think it adds to the whole story
another instance is in build god then we'll talk "and this is where he entertains that proposition: arrested on possesion. or. (now if this were you) think of what you wouldn't want to happen. they ended up... well making love isn't exactly what i'm looking for but. you. get. the. picture." i think they help make these songs into full and deep stories rather than just a song for the sake of it. if you see what i'm saying.
thats why i reccomend everyone reads the original and "true" lyrics. it really makes the whole song make more sense  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:10 pm
rozanime
i love all the lyrics but some of my favourites are ones that they dont actually sing but are still in the lyrics. the little comments that i think take the song from just being good to being greta. it really adds meaning to the whole thing.
one example is in i write sins not tragedies after whore it has in the lyrics "Oh dear. her identity just spilled all over the floor. can somebody help her?" i think it adds to the whole story
another instance is in build god then we'll talk "and this is where he entertains that proposition: arrested on possesion. or. (now if this were you) think of what you wouldn't want to happen. they ended up... well making love isn't exactly what i'm looking for but. you. get. the. picture." i think they help make these songs into full and deep stories rather than just a song for the sake of it. if you see what i'm saying.
thats why i reccomend everyone reads the original and "true" lyrics. it really makes the whole song make more sense

I love the way you explained that, and I totally agree. I love how P!ATD didn't take some of the lyrics they didn't use out of the lyric booklet. It makes the whole story, and a lot of individual songs, make more sense. Ryan is a lyric writing genius.

PrimeRibby
Captain

BLACK METAL MAYO V 2.0

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:02 am
I think my favorite lyric is uh...

"Please leave all over-coats, cains, and-Top hats with the door man.
From that moment you'll be out of place and under dressed."

It's just really catchy.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:04 am
CHUCK PALANIUK FTW.  

jenny without sound

blackandwhiterainbows

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:29 am
`PrimeRib
I also love, "You're a regular decorated emergency, the bruises and contusions will remind me what you did when you wake.

What's really weird though,
is that bruises and contuse[s?] are the same thing.
So. xd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:31 am
`PrimeRib
rozanime

I love the way you explained that, and I totally agree. I love how P!ATD didn't take some of the lyrics they didn't use out of the lyric booklet. It makes the whole story, and a lot of individual songs, make more sense. Ryan is a lyric writing genius.

I know, isn't he?
I mean, I used to write lyrics and stuff, but really.
He just completely, totally, and utterly PWNS.
*DEATH!*  

blackandwhiterainbows

PrimeRibby
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:52 am
blackandwhiterainbows
`PrimeRib
I also love, "You're a regular decorated emergency, the bruises and contusions will remind me what you did when you wake.

What's really weird though,
is that bruises and contuse[s?] are the same thing.
So. xd

I've noticed that too. xd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:55 am
blackandwhiterainbows
`PrimeRib
rozanime

I know, isn't he?
I mean, I used to write lyrics and stuff, but really.
He just completely, totally, and utterly PWNS.
*DEATH!*

He is. 3nodding I don't really think anyone could compare to Ryan's way of writing lyrics. Like, there are a lot of great lyricists out there but it's hard to compare Ryan to them because he is so unique with the way he does it. I mean, writing lyrics before you write the music?! WTF IS THAT ALL ABOUT?!! xDD

PrimeRibby
Captain

tookiebelle

Beloved Cat

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:27 am
A quick question about lyrics... what does it mean "I'm the new cancer, never looked better"? Does it mean Panic!'s music is taking over people (like ourselves) or is it something different?  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:44 am
`PrimeRib
I think my favorite line of lyrics on the whole album just might be, "Tonight tenants range from: a lawyer and a virgin, accessorizing with a rosary, tucked inside her lingerie," from Build God, Then We'll Talk. And I love how right after Brendon sings that, Ryan and Brendon trade off the lines... Ryan: She's getting a job at the firm come Monday. Brendon: The Mrs. will stay with the cheating attorney. Ryan: Moonlighting aside, she really needs his money. Brendon: Oh, wonderful caricature of intimacy. Well, they don't do that on the album, but they usually always trade off like that when they are performing live. They just sing that part out really strong.
I was like 'Oh my god no way! & I put on Build God, Then We'll Talk and confirmed that it was Brendon singing the whole time... so I clicked quote to correct you and then I read the rest and realized you said they don't do that on the album xp

Silly me.

Polyphonic Twilight

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:51 am
Oh and I like: "Give us this day our daily dose of faux affliction.
Forgive our sins. Forged, at the pulpit with forked tongues selling faux sermons.
Because I am a new wave gospel sharp, and you'll be thy witness.
So gentlemen, if you are going to preach, then for God sakes
Preach with conviction!"

And "The hospice is,
A relaxing weekend getaway,
Where you're a cut above all the rest,
Sick and sad patients,
On first name basis with all the top physicians"

& "Oh, and just for the record,
the weather today is slightly sarcastic with a good chance of:
A. Indifference or
B. Disinterest in what the critics say."

Plus all of Camisado and These Tables Are Numbered... I think I like all of their lyrics xp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:56 pm
I like "I write Sins Not Tragedies!"  

Wishes out of Airplanes

Wishes out of Airplanes

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 8:58 pm
I chimed in with a haven't u ppl ever heard of closing the gawd damn door no. It's much better to face these kinds of things with a sense of poise and rationality! biggrin  
PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff