Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply General Discussion
Feb. 07 donation items

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Donation items or Monthly Collectibles?
  I called them DI and I will still call them DI!
  MC's. I got used to it.
View Results

Robot Propaganda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:25 pm
If you ask me I'd say they look terrible.
Well, the Celetial Wrap is okay, but the star just looks too pixelated.
It's like the G blade, 2D trying to be 3D.
And the poses are horrible, specially the Pwned one (the one that your avatar is stabbed by the star).
And then there's the Celebrity date.
It has to be the stupidest donation item ever.
I don't think I even have to point out what's so bad about them.

So, fellow TekTek Society members, what do you think of them?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:47 am
Ryuker Reo
If you ask me I'd say they look terrible.
Well, the Celetial Wrap is okay, but the star just looks too pixelated.
It's like the G blade, 2D trying to be 3D.
And the poses are horrible, specially the Pwned one (the one that your avatar is stabbed by the star).
And then there's the Celebrity date.
It has to be the stupidest donation item ever.
I don't think I even have to point out what's so bad about them.

So, fellow TekTek Society members, what do you think of them?

I think you are absolutely right! surprised
The Celebrity Date is lame.
I think a lot of the 'new' members (and noobs) would love to have one.
The Celestial Wrap is okay. Kinda.
And the Dark Star is rediculous. The poses are sooo ugly..!
They could've done it so much better. It looks like it was done in Paint.

Bob McFluffy

Enelya Anarion

Omnipresent Strawberry

9,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:06 pm
I agree 180%. >_> I'm seriously considering not getting an MC's...but I dunno, I kind of like the wrap.

The celebrity date...don't even get me started on that! @_@

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:50 pm
The noobs must be like "ZOMGWTFBBQ!!!1 I WANTZ NINJA STAR CUZ I WANTS BE LIEK NARUTO!!!!!!!!!!!!11111" right now.  

Robot Propaganda

Colorful Twizzlers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:47 pm
I agree. The Dark Star is just so ugly. And the Date things is just weird....I wouldn't want to have one those next me.
I like the wrap though, it's really pretty!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:53 am
Ryuker Reo
The noobs must be like "ZOMGWTFBBQ!!!1 I WANTZ NINJA STAR CUZ I WANTS BE LIEK NARUTO!!!!!!!!!!!!11111" right now.
;o; Naruto. Possibly the worst anime ever created.

<.< I now feel this challenge to create an avatar with that star and make it look good. ninja TO THE DRAWING BOARD!

Enelya Anarion

Omnipresent Strawberry

9,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200

Endearment

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:26 am
the wrap is the only one i like, it remind me of the nitemare scarf mad D
the color is very pretty.
the dark star is just weird, i don`t get how they got the idea. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:51 am
I don't like the new items.

But I don't hate them.

The Celebrity date one was original, interesting, you have a few different people to stand next to. Does it match with anything? Not really. Is it bulky and encumbering? Yeah.

The Dark Star is the Ninja Fanboy's wet dream. Personally, I don't care for it. It's too big, bulky, doesn't match with anything. And we're probably going to see a huge number of Ninja Cosplay in the Avatar Arena. This also sets Gaia up to make a Pirate or Cowboy variant of the Dark Star.

The Celestial Wrap is... I don't know. I like the Halo version of it. But everything else, It's just too bulky and can't match it with a thing. I thought it was a spin off of the Elegant Veil, the scarf part that is.

Would I wear any of them? Maybe.

I know it's kind of funny seeing the word 'Matching' ever come into play with an avatar like mine. mad d  

Dues Ex Machina

Priea

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:47 pm
xd And here I come in with the Celestial Wrap and Dark Star as main components to my avatar! \m/
No, honestly, I don't like the Dark Star that much but I got one anyway because I know the Naruto fanboys & girls will want it later on. So it's to help my quest, really. wink I do like the Celestial Wrap--I think I can do something nice with that every once in a while. At least make a freaky-lookin' avatar. People say I'm good at that. :'D
I really don't care for the Celebrity Date, but I did try it, just to see what could be done. ...Yeah. That was the first one I sold. XD
Back to the Dark Star-- I do think that one can be worked with, but it's not as easy due to the...less-than-attractive poses. I'm just wary of going back to vote & comment in the Avatar Arena in the next few weeks. Something tells me there's going to be a lot ninja/Naruto cosplays. gonk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:49 pm
Enelya Anarion
Ryuker Reo

<.< I now feel this challenge to create an avatar with that star and make it look good. ninja TO THE DRAWING BOARD!
You made the Damascus Armor look good, so I await your avatar with the Dark Star! 3nodding  

Priea

Enelya Anarion

Omnipresent Strawberry

9,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:36 pm
Priea
Enelya Anarion
Ryuker Reo

You made the Damascus Armor look good, so I await your avatar with the Dark Star! 3nodding
>_> I await my money to be made available so I can actually get some letters! *cackles* o_o I'm going insane from WoW.

:'D And shucks, thanks! I'm so happy to know there are people who find my avatar creations amusing.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:42 pm
The celestial wrap is the only one that's decent. Kind of hard to match but do-able.

Dark Star is just terrible and bulky. I can see tons of Naruto cosplays in the arena next week ugh.

Celebrity date- Why do I want a person as a montly collectable :/ Seriously. Practically impossible to match.

MissCharmed

Bittersweet_3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:22 pm
I personally don't like the Dark star, nor do I like the Celebrity Date. How are they celebrities if I've never heard of them before? :O

I do however, like the Celestial Wrap. And I waaaannnntt. *fervently saves gold*

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:18 pm
They're Gaian celebrities. XD If they say they're celebrities, they're celebrities. That's just how it works. xD
I still think the Dark Star can work with something, it just has to be found. whee

Priea

Deazy

Tipsy Roisterer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:55 pm
Celebrity date is the third "throw away" donation item, it's not worth looking at really.

Celestial wrap has potential and the dark star's colouring is similar to the devil tail, it has that brown hue that could be well utilised in the middle part of an avatar.  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games