Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
I've come out after two years.....and I just told my mom.... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yaoiman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:59 pm
Yeah, I came out two months ago finally. I first told my friend Robert Sama who said "Really?" "Yeah" "Wow, I wouldn't have expected that"

Then I told my friend Jamee who was like
"O.O!!!!!"

Well, within all my other friends knowing it has been pretty good. I've gotten either people going o.o or people going "ok".

All but one really, Alejandro who wishes to "fix" me of my accursed sin

Well, one thing kept bugging me. All of my friends said "I had a feeling" ><
I don't think I act gay at all!!! I dunno what made em think it ><

The worst thing though is my mom believes that homosexuality is gross. So I don't really wanna tell her crying

What I plan on doing is just coming in with a BF(when I get one) and then having her go "What is this?" and I'll say "What? You didn't know"

Doubt it'll work but ya

Discuss:
1) Alejandro should die, yes or no?
2) What is up with people thinking I was gay before I came out
3) How should I tell my mom?/Will my plan work?
4) Anything else you can think of XD

^^

Edit: I just came out to my mom.......it didn't go well  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:06 pm
1. Noooo. He's being close-minded and unaccepting.. you don't have to drop down to that. If he's not willing to stay friends despite your homosexuality, something you can't change, then.. well, you'll have to lose a friend. It's an awful thing, but if he can't accept you as you are, it won't be a very close friendship anyway.

2. Gaydar! Magic human power. Don't ask, just be glad they're accepting of it. 3nodding

3. If you really plan on going through with it, discuss it with your boyfriend first. If he doesn't know about it, you don't know how he might react, and having your boyfriend flip out the first time your mother meets him won't give her a good first impression of the situation.  

Skizzors
Crew

Yaoiman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:32 pm
Yeah, I wasn't very good friends with him as it was so its no big loss. Only problem is that despite my efforts to not speak with him, HE WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE!!! He still tries to convert me but he acts like I'm his friend still. He doesn't hate me, he just hates the fact that I'm gay and he will stop at nothing to oppose his will......

Yeah, well, I dunno about that. Only a few said something really. Most of them didn't expect a thing but the first people I told(closest friends) had a feeling -.-

Well, I don't have a boyfriend now, but when the time comes, of course Ima let him know. But yeah........if he flipped out.......that'd be bad o.o  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:58 pm
My opinion only:

1. Tell Alewhatshisface that you really don't want him around you if he's gonna try to change you

2. My friends said the same thing for two years until I convinced them otherwise. Then a year ago... HAH!

3. Nnnnnnnnnnnnnno. There's this thing called logic. Your mom thinks it's grose, yet you want to tell her in a passive way. If I did that to my mom, she might grasp the kitchen knife and glare at my boyfriend for a while as she tries to look like she has a non-thretening reason to be holding a really sharp object, all as I realize that I just did something stupid like coming home and being like, "Hey mom-by the way, he's my boyfriend." ... I enjoy living.  

goingd

Yaoiman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:55 pm
1) I have, oh I have. I found a way today ^^. I started reading Darwin and he leaves me alone mostly. Its like, the kryptonite of these people. -huggles origin of species or whatever its called-

2) -skips-

3) o.o
Well........my mom doesn't hate it, she just thinks its gross.... I've had gay friends over and she is nice to them and doesn't make comments even after they left. She just says as long as they don't do anything in front of her she'll be ok........

I've actually been trying to give off some hints early on, like for instance, playing the flute XD
I'm trying a few things to get her to kinda get the hint so it won't be so shocking, I just know I don't wanna actually tell her. That'd be as awkward as getting caught........doing things alone

again though
o.o  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:40 am
Thing, though.. if you tell enough other people around where you live, then your mom will probably find out sooner or later. It's better that you tell her yourself than her having to discover it as a rumor from some other parent.  

Skizzors
Crew

Yaoiman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:29 pm
Well, that's not how things work around here. My mom doesn't really, socialize with any other parents. She's more with her friends and such.

Nevertheless though I'd rather her go "Someone told me you're gay" and me go "Yeah, you didn't know?" than me go "I'm gay" and her ask questions.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:07 pm
In that case mabey you should do the bring your boyfriend thing... Good luck with that. Just don't let her find out by, like, walking in on you and him kissing or something.  

goingd

Yaoiman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:48 pm
Yeah. Well, I don't have one yet. When I do, then I can really worry o.o

But, when it happens, all kissing and such will be done.........away from my home XD  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:27 pm
Lol! Unless your mom is the type to knock before she comes into your room. Then you'd be ok. ... pizza  

goingd

Yaoiman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:56 pm
Yeah, she knocks but its like -knock OPENS!!!- XD......taco

I think........god is giving me a sign to come out o.o
I've been getting pestered for like.........a week by my friends but it was constant yesterday and today! Well, I was watching Princess Princess (^^) and its the episode where Yuujiro's parents find him in the dress and they're all cool about it.........is that a sign from Zeus?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:32 pm
I hope you're okay after that. I also hope you aren't too mentally scarred from that encounter... heart  

Creide Idun

Yaoiman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:16 pm
crying
Thanks

Yeah, she's ok with it now, but she was FURIOUS!!!!!
Then for a while she started giving me the cold shoulder which sucked

But I'm fine now, she is now like "can I tell your grandmother?" XDDD

And, I don't believe in being mentally scared. A little childhood drama builds character  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:15 am
Coming out must be hard. I'm glad things worked out okay for you, though! biggrin

Next step, finding a boyfriend! wink

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

Yaoiman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:33 pm
Coming out sucks a**!!! Not to my friends, we've actually become closer because of it ^^

But BF thing....I'm trying. There's one boy I like....he's been doing things that make it seem like he's into me.....and he gives off that vibe of being gay so next time we're alone, Ima kiss him o.o  
[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff