Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants
Can the Church "Save" You From the Wickedness of Being Gay? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yaoiman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:01 pm
Here's the rundown. My former friend Alejandro has been irritating the living Crystal Geyser water out of me. Let me explain from the begining

Last school year, Alejandro was openly gay to a few people(well, I'm not sure if that would be considered openly or not but ok). Well, I didn't know. Only a few of his closest friends did, including my Lesbian friend Jamee(yes, its spelt wrong. Her mom though it would be cute to have it be Amee with a J so its Jamee ^^).

Well, he admited to her that he was gay but during the end of the school year, he completely denied it. She called him a hypocrite and decided she didn't want to really hang around him anymore.

Towards the end of the year though he told her that he hated her because she was a lesbian. She grew to hate him too. Then, during the summer she moved away crying .

Well, over summer school me and Alejandro had the same class. He starts telling me things about how he was "saved" and how Jamee is going to "Burn in Hell for the terrible sins against god."

Then, during this school year I come out as being gay and he kinda does the same thing. He starts wanting to get into my personal life like. He tells me things like "Well both me and you have had tragedies in our life and thats what causes it."

-glare-

I'm a bit peeved at this point in history but, since I am still very good friends with Jamee, it spreads to her. She gets very very P.Oed like.

So, she comes down to visit and Alejandro has the lower male reproductive parts to tell both of us "I'd like to fix you"

So, I find it to be a load of bologna. I'm don't feel like getting into full details but Jamee, pretty much wants his head on a pole, and I would like to just find a good Darwin book to read in front of this guy.

So, what do you all think? Should he be concered about my religious beliefs and my sexual orientation? Is he trying to convert me? Is he a dirty little C%$%@*#%^*^$ or is he a saint? Is he a hypocite like Jamee claims? Most of all, did the church(oh yeah, he changed his viewpoint and became against me and Jamee's 'faggorty' as she calls it when he started getting involved with a bunch of Methodist Priests) somehow use the powers of god to show him the 'true light' and save him from eternal damnation?

Discuss ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:57 pm
I'm kinda Christian, but I brought home a boyfriend. Parents hate it because they are harccore Christian, but accept me. I'm sort of worried but then the God I was brought up to believe is forgiving.

This is also a sort of science vs religion problem.
Isn't homosexuality a genetic thing?

I have a friend that is really into her youth group, and she's basically obsessed with her church, and she's accepting of homosexuals, as long as their not being 'actively gay' in front of her. Basically no making out.

Sorry I have nothing more intelligent to say. sweatdrop  

Peach Pixie

Yaoiman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:53 pm
-chuckles- I like your name XD

Well yeah. I believe homosexuality is genetic, don't really know though. I wouldn't be gay if I didn't have a choice though. I'd like blood childrens.

Yeah, that whole thing is like me but reversed. I don't care how hardcore Christian(or any other religion for that matter) someone is as long as they don't push it on me ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:15 am
Some people belive it genetic and some believe it to be a choice, i believe both. The hting is everyone has hte opportunity to be straight or gay, or if your greedy be bi. Your friend who found 'faith' probably felt bad about being gay and wanted to find an excuse to not be anymore so he went out and found religion as a fast way to being straight. Jamee is kinda right in the fact that he's a hypocrite and kinda wrong. It is his choice weather or not to say what he is and flip around like that... wow i just realized i have a friend just like that guy, only she's... as she... and damn i cant stand her now... anyway. Teenagers, most people actually, take religion way out of proportion, 'if god see's homosexuality as a sin then like all sin's ask for forgiveness and god will follow suit and forgive' <- i got that from my grandmother who is a devout christian and a lesbian with a theology degree.

p.s.- I love you grandma blaugh  

Rue (Lement)

Yaoiman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:16 pm
I actually think it is a bit of both but with me, its gotta be genetic, because again, I want blood chitlins and stuff..........

Alejandro is a duche about it though. Like I said, I don't care what he thinks he is(F.Y.I- He is still gay, I catch him checking guys out all the time and you know when you can just tell that someone's gay....yeah, with him 128.97634112865%).

Jamee is a bit........out there with her opinion. She really hates him and I'm not to fond of him

Yeah, it is his choice to decide and all but when he tries to push his s**t onto me and thinks he needs to save me, things need to stop

Your grandma is awsomes!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:20 am
Quote:
the God I was brought up to believe is forgiving.

Quoted for emphasis.

Honestly, out of all the people who say that God "helped" them be straight again, I think they're either just lying to themselves, or they're bisexual and thus had the chance to be attracted to the opposite gender in the first place.

I do believe that God can perform miracles and help people out of hard situations. I believe He can help people get over addictions and unhealthy lifestyles. But, I don't believe that homosexuality is an unhealthy lifestyle, so...

Bascially, when I was discovering my sexuality, God did help me. He helped me realise that He'd love me no matter what, and that I shouldn't try and fight what I am. He made me the way I am for a reason, and He made all GLBT people the way they are for a reason.  

RionaDaidouji

Yaoiman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:27 pm
That is the God I think is worth believing in  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:04 am
There is no 'wickedness' in being gay. No offense, but I'm agnostic, and I really hate the fact that one of the reasons they're not allowing gay marriages is because the church says that it's a sin. There's absolutely nothing wrong with homosexuals. Plus, it's not like we have one religion in America to begin with.
If you're gay, you really don't need help. You can get it if you want it, but you'll just be hiding yourself away. And you can be gay and believe in God...I just don't see the point in asking him for help.  

BlackFalcon002

Yaoiman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:19 pm
I agree

I don't think its wrong at all. I'm hard gay and believe in god.

I'm stating that in the form of my aquantance Alejandro who thinks it is  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:34 pm
Yaoiman
I agree

I don't think its wrong at all. I'm hard gay and believe in god.

I'm stating that in the form of my aquantance Alejandro who thinks it is
I agree with you on that because I dont believe it is bad to be gay, bi or lesbian. I also dont believe that someone can turn straight by going to church and reading the bible that is just silly for people to believe that. I think that it can be genetics for someone who is gay. I dont know if it is a choice or not I'm not really sure. I dont see anything wrong with someone gay getting married or adopting children either. I think your friend needs to realize that he is who he is and wither or not he wants to admit it the fact that he is gay is not bad he needs to be true to himself instead of putting on a surade like this.  

Moonlight_Shadow12

Yaoiman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:08 pm
Alejandro, I don't care if he continues to lie to himself. It doesn't negatively effect me. He just needs to leave me alone about it or Ima punch him in the mouth and step over him in high heeled boots now!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:03 pm
I believe in a few philosophies

1) There are a few things you should never bring up; Religion, Politics, and Income
2) Your opinion is never going to be right and neither will mine so shut the hell up unless I asked you for yours
And finally, 3) If something does not negatively effect you, then you shouldn't care  

Yaoiman

BlackFalcon002

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:06 am
Yaoiman
Alejandro, I don't care if he continues to lie to himself. It doesn't negatively effect me. He just needs to leave me alone about it or Ima punch him in the mouth and step over him in high heeled boots now!

If he's bugging you about it, then yes, punch him. He's not the one who's going to tell you what to do, especially if he's a coward who runs to a lord that may or may not exist in the first place for help in matters he has no control over. He'll just be hiding himself away, and that's not a good thing.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:35 am
When someone's confused about themselves, they're vulnerable to other people's influences, especially the influences of quacks.

Quacks used to travel around in wagons telling people that (1) there was something wrong with them and (2) only the quack had the cure. People who were afraid something was wrong with them or needed something to blame their troubles on would believe the quack and then spend money on his cure (which was usually alcohol disguised as medicine).

If your friend keeps flip-flopping about whether or not to accept himself, he probably has some deep pain and fear that is making him vulnerable. He has no one strong enough to lean on (his parents and other authority figures are failing him) and so he looks for an organization to lean on instead -- one that claims to know the "cause" of his pain (being gay) and claims to have the "cure" (pretending not to be gay). He hopes they are right and does everything he can to be cured...but underneath, he is still gay. That is what he is. And pretending NOT to be gay does not make him feel better because his being gay is NOT the cause of his pain and fear. Something else is. It could be ridicule; it could be that a parent abuses or hates him; it could be a terrible thing that happened to him. The point is, he is not healing it because he is pretending that being gay is the problem instead of facing his REAL issue.

Your friend is not a terrible person, but he is afraid that he is a terrible person. Imagine living that life. Someone is telling him lies about his worth. The more he believes them, the closer he'll come to making them true.

If it were me, I would sit him down and be honest without being hateful or hostile. Be the ONE person who says, "I feel some pain when you say there's something bad about me. This is who I am. I am not going to change. I wish you could love me (or care about me) just the way I am. It's hard to hear what you say about me and our friend and it does make me mad, but I still care about you. I like you just the way you are. You are who you are and that's who I care about. Please know that even if I get angry or argue with you, I care about you."

These are words he is probably NOT hearing in his life -- the idea that HE is okay the way he is, even when he's unsure of himself, even when he's afraid or hurt.

Only say it if you mean it. But if you CAN say it, then it might make a difference to him. Might not fix his problem or get him to accept himself, but it might matter somewhere deep inside. IMO. I'm not an expert. Please take these thoughts with a grain of salt. I don't know him as well as you do.  

Delcie

[Rant and Rave]_____GLBT, Life-Topics, Politics, Rants

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces