Welcome to Gaia! ::

Poll Whores Unite! ~A Discussion Poll Guild~

Back to Guilds

Reply Main Forum
I didn't know what forum to post this in...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I'm here
  because you need help
  only for the poll >>Whore<<
View Results

Vivid.Beauty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:07 am
I have a problem>> some of the font on gaia is too small for me to read... Like the thread titles and forum names. Has this happened to anyone else, or just me... does anyone know how to fix this, because it's hard for me to know what posts, guilds, or forums I'm clicking on. sad

peace
stressed viv

>>I even changed the resolution on my comp, but that didn't do anything.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:44 am
Hmm~ I've been wondering the same thing. The computer I'm on does that. I don't have it as bad because although the words are small, I can still read them...

As a temporary solution, you can hold down the ctrl key and hit the "=" key a couple times. At least, my screen magnifies when I do that. And to return it to normal, hold down the ctrl key and hit "-" a couple times.

I'm curious to see if anyone has an answer.

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

original karbear

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:17 pm

Cabbi is most definetly right. You can increase the font size on internet pages by hitting 'ctrl' and '=' buttons and to decrease the size 'ctrl' and '-'

If you're not up for using the keyboard shortcuts, up where the 'file' menu is, click 'view' > 'text size' and from there you can increase or decrease. If you use IE rather than firefox, you will have options such as medium [this should be the default setting], large, small, etc.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:33 pm
@-@ Thanks Karbear. I forgot about that.
I just tried what you suggested. Someone had suggested this sometime before... And... I decided that I liked squinting better than dealing with the large words. They just look too funny. ^^;;;;
This should definitely help Vivid.Beauty. ^^

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Oulixeus
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:49 pm
>.> I did the ctrl + = thing before I read how to return it all to it's normal size.

... It took me a while to figure out how to put it back.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:24 pm
XD; I found that "ctrl plus =" thing accidentally one day when trying to make a plus sign...
I freaked out because I wasn't even sure what I'd done to begin with. x.x ...But then I figured I'd try the minus key next to it.. and it worked, luckily. <3
So~~ I know how you felt. x.x

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Oulixeus
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:26 pm
sdrawkcab
XD; I found that "ctrl plus =" thing accidentally one day when trying to make a plus sign...
I freaked out because I wasn't even sure what I'd done to begin with. x.x ...But then I figured I'd try the minus key next to it.. and it worked, luckily. <3
So~~ I know how you felt. x.x

It was funny because I kept pressing the = to see how big it would go then stopped when I realized I didn't know how to make it go back.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:40 pm
Thanks guys... I'm not on this comp much during the week, so when it started bothering me again I went to look for my post I forgot what guild I posted it in plus the only thing I could do to tell where it was was to read for my name. xd

Thanks for the tips!!!  

Vivid.Beauty

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces