Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what goth music subgenre do you perfer
old school goth (bauhaus, siouxie, ect)
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
neo-gothic rock (type o negative, coal chamber,ect)
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
industrial (skinny puppy, VNV nation)
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
goth metal/ black metal
37%
 37%  [ 11 ]
the techno-y kind (diary of dreams, delerium)
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
semi-mainstream goth (manson, ect)
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 29

Toast Is Me

Wheezing Smoker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:30 pm
yes, I'm burning a cd of doom. any recomendations?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:31 am
i was going to say do some black metal but skinny puppy is a real good band xd  

x1xthe_hermitx1x

ThermaDraconis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:48 am
It's not really gothic, but I really enjoy symphonic metal, like Nightwish, Rhapsody, and Hammerfall.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:29 am
x1xthe_hermitx1x
i was going to say do some black metal but skinny puppy is a real good band xd

yeah skinny puppy's my favorite.  

Toast Is Me

Wheezing Smoker

themagikat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:26 pm
im a stereotypical goth i suppose, seeing as how my fave song is by Cradle.
"thank god for the suffering"

meh, but theres a lot of good ones out there  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:49 pm
Don't know if they fit in any of these catigories but The Murderdolls pirate  

Dearest Darling`

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:19 am
I'm a traditionalist goth and i am not going to to the whole the whole "manson is not goth" thing that so many others are dragged down to (it just gets so damn boring and predictable....)
( if any of you start saying that old goth is crap or what i like isn't old goth you will get smacked with my mod bat stare i dont give a s**t about all the bloody arguments that so many others seem to love i fed up with them)
anything by The Cure or Depache Mode hun and you're set  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:21 am
Isobel Bellamy
I'm a traditionalist goth and i am not going to to the whole the whole "manson is not goth" thing that so many others are dragged down to (it just gets so damn boring and predictable....)
( if any of you start saying that old goth is crap or what i like isn't old goth you will get smacked with my mod bat stare i dont give a s**t about all the bloody arguments that so many others seem to love i fed up with them)
anything by The Cure or Depache Mode hun and you're set
3nodding I hate it when people make such a big deal about music categories xp  

Dearest Darling`

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:28 am
deadly_demon
dont get me started on them......i got one weirdo saying that all goths should kill themselves, the music is crap and that goths are scum stare *sighs*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:35 am
Isobel Bellamy
deadly_demon
dont get me started on them......i got one weirdo saying that all goths should kill themselves, the music is crap and that goths are scum stare *sighs*
eek Ouch. Ow. Owies. Painful.  

Dearest Darling`

themagikat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:22 pm
and somehow we (goths) have the stereotype for being cruel and destructive  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:33 am
*shrugs* when I dress in black with make up you know the whole shebang i get called goth and greebo. I dont really care what people label me as long as the know that I hate preps and the whole prep scene (as in sex, drugs - no rock and roll just really bad music etc oh yeah and being a total arsehole)
heh srceam metal and me dont mix and people think i like it for some reason..."hey you're goth right? i bet you'd love this band!" the guy then proceded to put his earphone in my ear and i was subjected to several seconds of audio hell.....*shudders*
yup The Cure rock (and the same guy has no idea who they are stare *sighs* when will children these days listen to decent music?)  

Isobel Bellamy

Dearest Darling`

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:39 am
*listening to hardcore* ^-^;  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 12:27 pm
Mistress Dizzy

Personally, I don't consider myself to be Goth. People may look at me and say "Wow, you're all gothy" and stuff, but that's just what they think. Anyone can be "Gothic-like" but truth is, Goth (in literal terms) is dead. Most people who think they are Goth are probably more punk than anything else.

i wouldnt go that far. im not argueing or anything, and i agree most goths may just be punkish, but there are a few (namely me, tee hee) that are NOT punkish in the slightest sense, nor am i emo. im actually active and pretty outgoing. we already have a thread about this but to me goth is simply a mindset that deturmines the actions you take. to say most poeple are more punk is alright, but i woudlnt go so far as to say goth is dead.  

themagikat

[ D i z z y ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:50 am
themagikat
Mistress Dizzy

Personally, I don't consider myself to be Goth. People may look at me and say "Wow, you're all gothy" and stuff, but that's just what they think. Anyone can be "Gothic-like" but truth is, Goth (in literal terms) is dead. Most people who think they are Goth are probably more punk than anything else.

i wouldnt go that far. im not argueing or anything, and i agree most goths may just be punkish, but there are a few (namely me, tee hee) that are NOT punkish in the slightest sense, nor am i emo. im actually active and pretty outgoing. we already have a thread about this but to me goth is simply a mindset that deturmines the actions you take. to say most poeple are more punk is alright, but i woudlnt go so far as to say goth is dead.

I said "Goth is (in literal terms) dead". Technically Goth was some of sort of really old religion back in the day that died out. But in the say, 70s - 80s those punkadelic british/ american kids started to try to be all bad-a** and call themselves Goth. So, as by saying "in literal terms" I meant, "literally, there are no Goths because Goth is a dead religion." But, I know what your saying, there are some true blue, honest to god, Gothic-cal people out there. They're rare on Gaia, but they're there. Annddd, yes, Goth is all about personality. Some people have it, some people don't. I think it's something you're born with. oO And double yes, I already know there's a thread on this. I just like to babble. xd  
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff