Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
What do you think about super strength?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yaoilicious

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:32 am
I mean, let's face it. In about every single anime out there, there is always that one person who has inhuman strength. Or so they've led us to believe. Do you think that the anime would be less enjoyable without those hyper strength heroes? Or could we do just fine without them? I for one think that I would not enjoy One Piece or Naruto or any of the other anime that I watch if the hero/heroes did not have super strength that put them apart from normal human beings. Magic is good and all, but it's pure force that counts when you're trapped in a room that disables all spells... Or in a cavern that shows no promise of escape, and is sapping your stamina by the minute. Without them, I don't think the anime industry would ever be the same. Instead of solving the conflicts with fights, they would be solving the matter in court. sweatdrop What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:02 am
we don't need inhuman strength in anime, it just makes it more interesting to watch
but not too much, i mean DBZ overdid it mad  

R o c k e t Z X B l u e

Shikai-Chan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:13 pm
I believe it is fully possible for an anime/manga to be totally enjoyable without superpowers, supernature, or superanything for the matter. Plus, I totally agree with Rocket that DBZ did overdo it

However, human nature is filled with the infamous quesiton "what if" and it is that very question that draws people's attention. People want to see out of the ordinary, people want to see fantasy, and people was to see creativity. Somehow creativity is strongly associated with powers, supernatural, instanity and all that lovely stuff. That is probably why anime/manga/cartooning industries would suffer without it.

In Short: Super powers can be overdone but is it attractive because it is different and unique.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:10 am
Azumanga Daioh didn't have any super abilities, it was enjoyable still! But without t3h powuhz, it feels like average regular reality, and I hate reality, and mainly turn to this kind of stuff for escape.

Settling things in court... Naruto, Pheonix Wright style!  

Arekis Tebeca

random_shiichan

Familiar Friend

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:24 pm
RocketZXgold
we don't need inhuman strength in anime, it just makes it more interesting to watch
but not too much, i mean DBZ overdid it mad
i agree...no wonder i dont watch those kinds of shows confused  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:06 pm
It doesn't really need to bee there but it makes it so much more enjoyable like if you whatch anime withsuper powers it is generally directed to a younger audience although iv'e seen some "super power" anime's that are kinda brutal. Non "super power" anime is usually for older audiences and deal with mostly teenage situations but not all. In short anime would probably not be as interesting without super powers. but with the whole DBZ think I can't complain that is what got me into anime.  

Tak-sama

ShinigamiX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:38 pm
I would say that some animes need for people to have "super" powers because they are just wouldn't be the same without eg naruto, bleach.

I like it when all characters can die because it gives it more sense of realism and attaches you more to charcters. An example i would put forward would be gundam seed i loved the begining of it as he struggles to keep himself alive but then once he because the ultimite cordinator it left a bad taste in my mouth.

Overall i would say that super powers are only good in certain kind of animes and sometime it can be overdone. Once it gets to people blowing up planets and taking a whole episode doing one move then it's rediculos.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:58 pm
Arekis Tebeca
Azumanga Daioh didn't have any super abilities, it was enjoyable still! But without t3h powuhz, it feels like average regular reality, and I hate reality, and mainly turn to this kind of stuff for escape.

Settling things in court... Naruto, Pheonix Wright style!

Azumanga Daioh did have super abilities... well only if you count being super hyperactive.
Super strength is way overrated, so is any other super ability. I do however believe that it makes somethings more interesting.  

Zumae

yaoilicious

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:17 am
All of your opinions were very interesting! I got to see the super strength issue from many different viewpoints, and was able to understand more the inner psyche of the average anime fan. BUMP!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:44 pm
BUMP!!  

yaoilicious

Feta-band

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:51 am
it could be usefull  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:03 am
i guess it would be pretty ok... i mean... sometimes... its makes the anime much more interesting... assuming they don't overdo it... haha... having one or two characters in the anime with super strength won't hurt... but i would prefer if they have a variety of powers... haha... that'll be waaay cooler... lol...  

dinieb

An Anime Addict's Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff