View Results

Robot Propaganda

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:24 pm
How did you find out about Gaia?
Did a friend tell you about it?
Did you find it by yourself?

Share your experiences here.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:51 am
My friend told/showed me the site and I just became addicted. xD She goes on a haitus every few months, but I'm still going strong. ^^; I think I'm going so strongly because I've found great places to hang out and have made some really close friends here. And they're not just internet friends, either. We've talked on the phone, over AIM, and even met at Otakon, so they really are close to me. whee heart

Yes. That's enough nostalgia from Priea. ^^;

Priea

Enelya Anarion

Omnipresent Strawberry

9,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:23 am
So being an extreme nerd I use IRC, have been using it for years, and because of that I have "friends" through there. Well one day one of them gave me the magical go-gaia link and instantly I became addicted. That was...July something 2003 and I haven't stopped using gaia since. D': I'm so nerdy.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:20 pm
Oh, I forgot to say how I found out of Gaia.

Well, I found out in late 03 at work. Another person that worked in the same place logged in during our break. I didn't really feel like creating an account until 2 or 3 weeks later.
The guy had already quit by that time.

Robot Propaganda

Bob McFluffy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:04 am
A friend told me about it, back in december 2003 :3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:06 am
Someone told me about it. =)  

Notebook Darling

S p r i n k l e

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:57 am
My friend told me about it in like...2004? But I didn't really like it back then...and last summer I got really bored and I came back and made this account
3nodding
of course i'm addicted now...  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:02 am
uhm... neopets i thunk...
maybee. if not, i srsly have no ideurr. o 3o

KoNterra
Crew

izfreek

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:09 pm
My best friend kept raving about this site. She wouldn't shut up about it until I joined. So I did and got addicted right away. IT's now my favorite web site ever!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:01 am
A kid on neopets posed the question; Is Neopets better than Gaia?
Didn't know what Gaia was. Checked it out. Been here ever since.

Spiffle

Amitia

Adventuring Dragon

17,325 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:42 am
My little sister found it and showed it to me on 2004. She created an account and we were staring at screen and wondering how to get more gold, but we never remembered about it again. A year later she came back and created a new one and I recognized the page, and we found out that gold is made by polling and posting. x'D The pretty pixels attracted me, I got interested too and here I am. Step by step I became addicted.
I wish I had joined completely at the first time. I would be so damn rich now~ >.<''

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:21 pm
When i got kicked out of boarding school, i went back to public school here in Texas waaay back in 2003. This group of otaku basically kidnapped me and assimilated me x"3 They would always go to the library after school and play on Gaia, so i got an account. I've been here ever since, off and on.

Those crazy otaku turned out to be the best friends anyone could want. They've saved my life countless times.

Gosh `

o.0snoopy_

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:57 pm
my friend heart  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:12 pm
My friend was on it and i overheard..so i decided to try one boring afternoon.
(this took place A YEAR after i overheard..so..umm..ya.)
I made this cute lookin avi..then ppl started talking to me..then i started wanting some pricy avi items..then i become more and more involved..
Until..

BAM!!

..Every part of Gaia online started grabbing at my limbs and wouldnt let me go!! It poured in this mysterious green goo into my brain and all of a sudden this freaky-lookin red-eyed green bunny was on my head desicating my whole entire body!! *gasp gaaaasp!!*
until..i died and was dry as a bone.

[No, i didnt die, and everything after the word "involved" isn't true. xd ]
I am NOT addicted and i am NOT on Gaia a lot. i only come on once every four months. see ya in August!!

[..wat did i say about the word "involved?" ....thank you.]  

Spardel Shinobi

Sublime Creature

epc-cy

Interesting Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:03 pm
a user called smartieofthesoul introducted me to gaia. and I've been hooked on it ever since! biggrin  
General Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff