Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cows pwn u
  yes they do <3
View Results

DismalFate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:53 am
it's -15 degrees (F) here. And We got school called off because it's "too cold."

I don't wear a jacket in this kinda weather. I say it's nice ninja xd

Discuss
no shool
weather
how much cold you can handle
etc.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:08 am

Well, since I only go to school one day a week, the whole no school thing is pretty rare and if I do miss a day of school, I end up not setting foot on campus for like two weeks. School however is getting quite stressful for me at the moment, I missed last week and I am very sick right now so I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it tomarrow, and I haven't been able to get the required amount of school work done, even though I need to be doing at least twice as much as the 'required amount' every week to be able to graduate on time and at this point, I don't think I can make it anymore..

The weather here today is quite "dark and depressing" although I thoroughly enjoy it when it is all cloudy, foggy, misty, and threatening downpour.

As for how much cold I can handle, it depends on the cold. Here the cold is very humid so it ends up being that cold that goes straight through every layer of clothing and through your bones. If I drive about three hours east though, it is such a different climate, and its a very dry cold so I can stand outside in a t-shirt and jeans at 15 degrees [F] without difficulty.

original karbear

PlasticApple

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:58 pm
Lucky! We alsmost got school cancelled but didn't..........
it was cold.....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:58 pm
Yeah, it was -15 this morning here, too. They went ahead and canceled school yesterday. Winters are typically chilly here, but this is waaay worse than usual. And to think, just a month or two ago I could go around in a t-shirt!
I don't usually like it when it's this cold, but if they close the schools because of it, then bring it on. cool  

indigo is imaginary

Kohana Ichibana

9,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:48 pm
Lucky. We had 13 degree weather not so long ago and they didnt cancle anything. x.x; My school sucks. but yeah... lucky!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:10 pm
I herd about that on CNN Radio. Yeah must of been really cold x.x  

and then some
Vice Captain

hip2b^2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:24 pm
Wow where do you live?
I don't have school today xd YAY! But I accidently volunteered to take another shift at work, so I had to go somewhere sad
I used to love the cold! I still do, but I can't take it as well as I used to emo I've worn too much clothing over my winter and that made me weak against normal weather

PS, anyone else having troubles with dressing up your avi? Cuz everything shows up except my avi confused

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:24 pm
I cant take the cold as much as I used to, sadly. Plus I think ive inherited my mother's trait of being very succeptible to the cold.

If i was were you guys are...I would seriously be in trouble. The coldest that Ive ever had to endure was 30s or so. Right now I believe we are at around 60s. Which is okay but with wind and rain, not fun. As Ive said, since I have been getting cold easier, its not fun at all.

Lucky you got school off. My school hardly ever gives a day off. Every other school and offices would be closed but not us, oh noes, not us. But then again im in college so....well actually no, because other colleges close but we still end up open. Damn you school! Damn you!  

Blaiz

ViolentVirtues

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:58 pm
I have a bittersweet victory. I live in Florida!!! But I deal with retired people gonk

Florida is God's waiting room...

Anywho, it has been in the seventies, and I even wore shorts today XD

I do miss the snow sweatdrop
That was my favorite part of the year...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:40 am
Same They cancelled Monday for Tuesday while i was at school. My whole Gym class was jumping up and down with joy. but ours was for snow and cold. O.O were at a level 3 snow emegrecy. AHHHHHHHH I'm stuck with my parents x.x  

Kiryi Hatu1992

Oulixeus
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:03 am
Yesturday, our low was -17 and we had at least 2 feet of snow outside. Apparently the wind chill had it feeling more like -24. I'm pretty used to that weather though. I don't know why my friends tend to panic about it. There have always been winters like this in Ontario.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:34 pm
lol true everybody does seem to be talking about it. Since, i too live in Fl, its more like, thank god i live here where its warmer!

but yeah...we do have to deal with all those old people....especially on the road....:shakes head: dont even get me started on that.  

Blaiz

Rob the Crowing

Profitable Sex Symbol

9,275 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:16 pm
I LOVE cold weather but anything below zero is horrid~ eek

I like having no school but its kinda boreing since I cant drive and no ones home~
you followin' me? mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:28 pm
Yeah I was talking to my cousin who lives in new york.
It is pretty cold.
I just thought it was funny when his 4 year old snuck up on him and put snow down his pants while he was on the phone. =]lol.  

The-Life-Issues-Mule4325

ViolentVirtues

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:36 pm
My cousins live in Minnesota XDD Ahahaha! They have, like, uber negative temperatures there  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games