Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A poll.
  Oh my. O:
View Results

NeveroddoreveN

Dapper Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:04 pm
So~ we all have 'em. Usernames that is. Can't be on Gaia without one. Unless you want to be an anonymous guest of some sort, but that's no fun. ;P
Our usernames hold so many stories! o:

Like~ why did you choose your username? Was it your first pick, or was the name you really wanted already taken? Are you the type of person to stick with letters, or do you enjoy embellishing your name with periods, brackets and tildes? What does your username mean? And~ how do you pronouce it? Do you go by any nicknames on Gaia? Do people often shorten the wrong part of your name and call you something you dislike? Have you held any other names? Do you have mule accounts saving names that you like? Do others have mule accounts with the name you want?
Heheh, asking a bunch of questions was easier to write than adding a story. ;]

Come on, its your name. Talk all about it. B]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:53 pm
Hmm thats a long ways back. I remember wanting something with Eve or something along the line. I wanted to be origional, no numbers or anything so I started to look for names to put in. Kohana was the very first thing that came to mind because my friends had just started calling me that at school[ now my nickname has been shortened to Hana] I dont exactly know what Kohana means I think its "litte..... uhh.. little something" I dont quite recall. Anywho its pronounced Kohana.... x.x;;; I'm sure anyone can quess how its pronounced but anyway.. ON WITH THE STORY!

Ichibana, this actually came from an anime that to this day I cant remember what its called. Ichibana was the last name of a character I really liked. The name kind of stuck with me for some reason, not sure why, I looked up what it meant but I completely forgot. Its pronounced Ichi, like the japanese for one and bana, like banana.

Well... thats all >>

Kohana Ichibana

9,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Love Machine 150

Steffy08

9,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:56 am
mm... I always liked my real life name, and a girl nick-named me Steffy, so I just added '08' to it so it cool be cool, like James Bond,007 rofl or something like it!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:12 am
Jees-zee Cree-zee Atleast I think that's how you say it ^^;
Nickname for: Jesus Christ
Obtained from: A comedy skit by eddie Izzard.
Why I chose it: Other then it's greatness. I thought something that connected with 'god' or being great would be wonderful for a new account.

No one had it and I was over joyed.

JeeszyCreezy
Captain

O.G. Friend

DismalFate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:02 am
[Diz-muhl Fay-t]
I chose my name because I thought it sounded cool.
And at the time I chose somethign really depressing because believe it or not I wasn't always bright and sun-shiney. sweatdrop

definition of "Dismal" -
1. causing gloom or dejection; gloomy; dreary; cheerless; melancholy: dismal weather.
2. characterized by ineptness or lack of skill, competence, effectiveness, imagination, or interest; pitiful: Our team played a dismal game.
3. Obsolete. a. disastrous; calamitous.
b. unlucky; sinister.

[just in case y'all didn't know]

ninja

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:48 pm

original karbear [just like original care-bear]
    Ever since I was about 5 months old, my sister and her three best friends loved care bears, and since i was apparently a "cute little pudge-o" with the name of Karen, they decided their name for me would be "karbear" spelled like my name, 'kar', rather than 'care.' Everyone has adopted that name for me, and there was a point in time where I hated it. Now, eh, I tell people to just call me karbear. Auntie Karbear to my three month old nephew and niece due in less than four weeks. Everything I have, whether it be emails or usernames for one thing or another, has something to do with karbear, and generally 'original karbear'. Some call me 'bear', some 'OK', it doesn't matter a whole lot to me, I am usually quite happy to have a new nickname, depending on what it is. If someone feels like coming up with a new name for me, feel free to tell me about it!

original karbear

NeveroddoreveN

Dapper Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:35 pm
<3 Thanks for posting guys.
I must say, that I've been pretty good at guessing how to pronounce all of your names. (:
And you all have great stories behind your usernames. n.n

I~ once wanted to make a guy account. Every name I could think of was taken. I swear I tried over fifty names. All were already taken.
Um, to make the story short, this account has changed names twice already.
I randomly came across the palindrome "Never odd or even" one day. ..I thought it would make a great username since I wasn't happy with the one I had... And~ it wasn't taken. o: I love it so. <3
Plus, I figured it matched pretty well with sdrawkcab. ;D

Um~ I'd guess that you would pronounce my name as "never odd or even."
It reads the same thing forwards and backwards.
I dislike being called "Never," but I'll answer to it all the same. ^___^

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:48 pm
I wanted my name to be tokyopop94 since I love a good manga mrgreen
but since that was already taken I chose Samurai~
People dont like to type long names of course so my friends call me tokyo. I like that nickname wink Some people also call me Samurai, sometimes~
I dont have any mule accounts but I did have my first account I got banned from for bumping in the Q & A forum. I didnt know any better! I was just a newb! luckily I didnt put much work into that account~ sweatdrop
I dislike being called Samurai, I like tokyo better.
So I either like TokyoSamurai or just plain Tokyo~

So thats the story with my name thanx for reading~

Rob the Crowing

Profitable Sex Symbol

9,275 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200

Blaiz

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:49 pm
hmm well good to know what people like to be called. i always worry a bit if i shorten someone's name. (dont know why...but i just do)

my sn...from what i can remember. i think i just wanted my theme to be fire and i wanted a name that was the 3 s's: sweet, short and simple. and no #s.

Its pronounced like the word "blaze." i remember i tried a different one (dont remember which or maybe it was just a variation) but i ended up choosing this one and i like it.

wish my other things had this one but...what can you do?

theres no real way to shorten it....unless you just wanna call me b or aiz.....?? either way its cool with me though, i got no preference.
~*

I always thought that name was cool beans, neveroddoreven. didnt know you went through a couple to get to it but its all good.

~*

thats interesting JeeszyCreez. I didnt even think to connect that to jesus christ. im gonna have to watch/hear that skit now. >.<  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Well.. Hmm... DarkOne358

I wanted it to be just regular old DarkOne, like it is in so many other places.

Then again, I do sometimes wish I had gone with DarkOshie. The reason being is in 7th grade football, there were three other Nicks on the team so we were all called by out last name, and I've just been called Oshie since. People who've known me for a long time all still call me Nick though xd

As for the Dark part... Umm... It was cool when I was little... I guess.. and the dark is cool... and stuffz.. i dont really even know anymore. I think it had something to do with me always going after the same person while playing Golden Eye 007 and Perfect Dark with my cousins. Or maybe it was just Perfect Dark and it being so awesome. I don't know. I'm gonna stop rambling now.  

DarkOne358

original karbear

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:12 pm
DarkOne358
Well.. Hmm... DarkOne358

I wanted it to be just regular old DarkOne, like it is in so many other places.

Then again, I do sometimes wish I had gone with DarkOshie. The reason being is in 7th grade football, there were three other Nicks on the team so we were all called by out last name, and I've just been called Oshie since. People who've known me for a long time all still call me Nick though xd

As for the Dark part... Umm... It was cool when I was little... I guess.. and the dark is cool... and stuffz.. i dont really even know anymore. I think it had something to do with me always going after the same person while playing Golden Eye 007 and Perfect Dark with my cousins. Or maybe it was just Perfect Dark and it being so awesome. I don't know. I'm gonna stop rambling now.

Ah but dear Oshie, rambling is very good, and I'm happy to see you actually posting!! XD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:12 am
My name came from the novel A Clockwork Orange. It's a fictional Opera that Alex (the Main Character) relates to at one point in his story.

The Name is German so throw on yer best accent and then just pronounce it how it looks. Das Bettzeug - The Basic translation is: The Bed Machine.

I have a few mules. One is my nickname and the other is my nickname spelled backwards, but I'll keep them secret....

Also I have another account that I can't use because my email wasn't set up proper. Her name is Cxieyei, which is a play on roman numerals (113)
my fave number and also the same name I use on Y!PP. pirate Yarr!

Cool topic whee I'm glad I stumbled in here

Dasbettzeug

hip2b^2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:49 pm
I for sure wanted a Japanese name, I searched a bunch. My first thought were animal names, I had one called umm, Kuroi Hitsuji, or something. It meant black sheep, cuz I felt that I was the black sheep in my family. I wanted Kuroi >something else that I forgot, that I'll probably remember at the end whee <, cuz I liked black sweatdrop But then I settled with Yasuragi-chan. Because I thought it meant Peace or tranquility.. Maybe it does, but I had some doubts, but I chose that because I wanted to be some peaceful or tranquil person. sweatdrop But I'm usually>> scream stressed evil burning_eyes or emo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:16 pm
lol Yasuragi-chan. If its makes it any better, your name kind of reminds me of Yasu whos a char on Nana and he is always the peaceful, smart, calm one. So..maybe connection??

~

DarkOne358. Perfect Dark is indeed an awesome game, but ive only ever played multi-player. Which i always died in since my friend is a d**k and gets that stupid gun that can shoot through the walls!!! Argh! He drives me loco with that.

~

Dasbettzeug. So that is german. XD whenever i see your name i try to put a german accent into it. key word: try. lol  

Blaiz

sdrawkcab
Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:13 am
KI: Wow~ there's so much thought put into your name.
I named my first account on Gaia by combining different names I saw on the ending credits on video games I played~ That's how I named my sibling's account too. XD The name wasn't very personal at all~ though.

Steffy: Indeed. B] Quite a cool username.

JC: You don't need a name to be connected with goddiness. ;]
That's quite the luck to find the name you want that hasn't been taken. ^^

Diz: I think your name sounds cool. B]
Ooo~ complete with an English lesson. XD Nice touch.

OK: Wow~~ your name has a lot of personal meaning to it~ I don't have a name that I use over and over, but I'd sure love to. :]
Yeah, I usually tend to abbreviate your name as OK, because that's just how I always tend to shorten usernames that have spaces in them. xD;;

NN: Awesome name indeed. B] <3 XD;;

Tokyo: That's very unfair to be banned without a warning. I'm sorry to hear that. Indeed, I dislike typing out long names~ and I think Tokyo is a great nickname. ^^

Blaiz: Yeah~ I usually like names that are short and sweet when I name video game characters. In fact, I often name a lot of them Blaze.
Too bad all the short names that I like are already taken on Gaia. u.u

DarkOne: XD I like how you added Dark to it. It indeed does have a flare~ Aww~ I think DarkOshie would be a cute name. :3 And don't worry~ rambling is just fine.

Das: Ooo~ I love names that come from obscure references. Very nice.
Ooo~ I like the play on the number 113. XD That sucks that you can't use it. I have the same problem with my very first account. I swear that I double checked again and again that I typed in my email correctly, but I've come to accept that I must not have. u.u

Yasuragi: Ooo~ eheh, I don't know any Japanese~ So~~ that's pretty cool that you chose that name. It hasn't helped? Really?~~ Maybe you should repeat your username over and over whenever you're mad and see if it helps. XD;;

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games