Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
'Sorry it's not really hawt'. Rape in fanfiction. Not rant. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Scythe Shadrak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:30 am
I seriously hope it's not repeat thread. If it is, stick an aligator in my eye D:

You know, I'm already sick of that.
When I was reading some fanfics yesterday my friend gave me some FMA fics and told me to 'Read them, they are soooo hawt!'.
So I read them. And they all had a rape motive. It was always something like:

1. Character A gets raped by character B.
2. During the rape character A starts to enjoy it.
3. The morning after character A decides that he always secretly wanted character B to buttsecks him, tells character B how much he loves him, so character B can buttsecks character A again.
4. Everyone are happy.

Later I asked her what's so hawt about one character being raped by someone, and told her that this whole thing is a total bullshit.

I mean come on.
I bet everyone here knows what RAPE is.

No, when you are being raped you don't enjoy it. It hurts.
After you are raped, you don't love the rapist. You hate him. You also feel dirty.

So, what's up with all those fanfic writers putting rape in their plot? I know that you can like whatever you want, but I also think that somewhere there is some kind of limit. I know at least few people who got raped in their past, and belive me, they don't consider their both mental and physical scars 'hot' or 'sexy'.
I also have a feeling that it's pretty much offending to them. They face their shame, fear, pain, and some fangirls write fanfiction about 'their point of view about rape', which is hot and sexy.
And from what I see most of those girls were never raped. They write this stuff because they find it I dunno, exciting?
I seriously don't get it, and it's already bugging me since a long time neutral
And no it's not like 'Becuz we are perverted and ur not, k?'. Seriously, I've got NOTHING against the most perverted and kinky stuff, as long as both sides want it. But it doesn't work this way when we are talking about rape.

Discuss:
- If you like/don't like rape in fanfiction, tell why?
- Why do so many people think it's actually 'hot'? What's so erotic in one person being hurt by another?
- Trends in fanfiction that seem plainly wrong to you.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:34 am
If you like/don't like rape in fanfiction, tell why?
No. >.>
Basically the same reason. Don't the fangirls think it would be more hot if both of the people wanted sex? The rape thing-- no. In reality, most are pretty much scarred, even if it IS with their family, boy/girlfriend, etc. It's a lot more to it than "Oh, I just got raped and it was satisfying; I love him/her!" There's the secrets, the threats, all of that. I don't think in any part of their mind they would love that person after that. Rape is not love. Case closed.

Why do so many people think it's actually 'hot'? What's so erotic in one person being hurt by another?
My friend claims if the both are at it, it's hot. In my case, er... no. It's claimed by her that if her OTP is having sex, it doesn't matter if it's love, rape or whatever-- as long as she's getting erotic parts of the story and she's satisfied.

Trends in fanfiction that seem plainly wrong to you.

Other than the rape thing, there is the fact that every little thing has to end off in sex. Like "in order to bring peace to Earth, you must have sex with me." But I guess most of that you can find in AFF.N

Digital-Dorkster

Syntria
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:52 am
I like rape fanfiction personally, in reality I don't like it (real life rapes) but in fiction (as in, not real) I do enjoy a good dose of sadistic treads, including but not limited to rape/force/humiliation/ect. Tied up and beat, tortured, ect.

To each their own.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:11 am
MistressPaco
I like rape fanfiction personally, in reality I don't like it (real life rapes) but in fiction (as in, not real) I do enjoy a good dose of sadistic treads, including but not limited to rape/force/humiliation/ect. Tied up and beat, tortured, ect.

To each their own.

Hmh I didn't state my point correctly neutral Harrrr, forgivplzzz, I'm a total ignorant when it comes to English language, so don't expect me to state my arguments correctly D: <- *comes back to her tribe somewhere in Soviet Russia*
It's not like I oh-so-totally hate rape in fiction. AS LONG as it's convincing, and shows all deep emotions, it's okay with me.

The thing which is pissing me off is a situation when A is raping B and B comes to conclusion that he likes it and falls in love with A. And they end up secksing all night long like there's no tommorow neutral
I mean... give me a break, a victim falling in love with a rapist neutral ?

Scythe Shadrak

Spontanious Alias

4,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:04 pm
Very few.

Reasons for liking:
Plot and purpose
Points of veiw to explain
Deeper menaings
Suspense
Language
How well Characters blend or clash
If reason of rape ties into pst event or feelings Yadda
Has to be in full sentances and literate.

It depends on what anime they are are working with in my opinion. Like take Naruto for instance. Sasuke and I don't *Random Character* because Sasuke is such an a** and emo most of the time int he anime and manga, you can guess some physcopathic ninja gonna rape him. It's hot to some people because of perhaps backgrounds of the characters, if two backgrounds clash and they happen to be some pretty sexy characters then fanpeople are going to like it. Take for example Itachi compared to Sasuke. The bigger one has a darker meaning to life, but perhaps there is some kindness behind it. My friend writes rapes of the two all the time, and the she tells it makes it seem melancholy and deeper then just wanting to inflict pain.

Itachi does secret;lt care for Sasuke, int he manga and anime you learn this torward Itachi's demise. Depending on the setting, plot, and character matchin it makes a differance then just rape. There has to be a motive though or the whole things boguss. If you find a good rape fanfiction, it never has a good ending. It always morose, regreted, what ever hell happens. if things are okay then it's strange.

Sometimes the Character A does let Character B have him again, but not for love. Character A will feel Dirty, and soiled and most likely Character B is a sadistic b*****d that messed with his mind and thus the first character returnes to continue to be broken because they are 'dirty'.

Depending on how it's written it can good.

* Why do so many people think it's actually 'hot'? What's so erotic in one person being hurt by another?

S & M have something to tie in with it. Secretly we fear pain or not, but there is something strange and out of reach about a made up character being hurt by one that's blood crazy and provbably trigger happy too. A fanfiction that was well written (Like above statement* Was in the eyes of the rapist and why he saw things as hot. It was like being in the mind of a physcotic and it was a new approach that I found interesting but disgusting. Like a moth to light we are drawn into fanfictions that are well written. Rape or not.

Marriage. Once they get married everything because way to fluffy.

Random fast moving loves. Where in the beginning character makes approach and it's just jumbled smut. That sucks.

Eliminating perpose from Character B by fully concentrating on Character A.

Making them one lined and crappy.

Leaving obvious forshadowing.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:06 pm
I’ve always considered rape-fics a cheap attempt at angst. Rape, no matter how you look at it, is a miserable situation. So for the uncreative angst writer it’s an easy plot device, which is why you get so much crap fic. Though it’s not a trend only found in fan fiction. Mangaka do it too. Sadahiro Miki’s got a huge rape kink. When I was reading your description of that crappy fic, Scythe, I was thinking of one of her manga. Same kinda story.

I’ve no real issue with a good rape fic. I don’t want to read it though. I want to see pain humiliation and abusive, violating situations explored in ways that don’t involve sexual violence.

However, I’m not surprised a lot of people like rape fics. I think the majority of people play with rape fantasies in their heads. Now that doesn’t mean that they want to be raped, want to rape, or even want to role play rape in a real life setting. It’s just a fantasy. Fanfiction is fantasy and it’s a safe way to play around with fantasies. And yes, I do believe that fan fiction displays the author’s fantasies to us.

As for your final question, the only trend in fan fiction that I dislike is the crap fic trend. I don’t care if the whole point of the story is for sex at the end (most yaoi manga is the same way). I don’t care if it’s angst, fluff, crack!fic. I’d just like it to be well written, interesting but at the every least entertaining.  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

retice

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:23 pm
I really really dislike rape-made-okay fanfiction. In the end, rape is still rape, it's still illegal and it's still something that hurts people. I could never bring myself to enjoy a situation where the issue is taken so lightly that the author is able to take the victim and make them thankful in the end.
Maybe I'm taking it too personally, I don't know. It's all fiction, when it comes down to it, but it's a serious issue and if you can't emphasize the crime in it then you shouldn't be handling it at all.
This isn't to say that I totally avoid RAPE!fiction. I will read it if the author is good and handles the plot device well. I just can't stand the rape-made-okay stuff.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:35 pm
I don't like rape in my yaoi! gonk I find it sad and wrong and... Well, I'm just not a big angst fan in general. I will only tolerate rape if it will help the plot, but most of the time, I can't stand rape... It's just sad...  

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

RionaDaidouji

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:27 pm

Nope, don't like it for obvious reasons. Rape is a serious issue, and though I'm lucky enough to have never had experienced it, I still don't want to read about it.

There seems to be an overdose of rape in yaoi. Like, there's one manga that I have, Golden Cain, where the uke clearly says "stop" on more than one occasion, but he still gets sexed up, and enjoys it, and ends up falling in love yada yada yada...

I think that's why I kind of rewrote the personalities of my two main yaoi couples... One of the couples in particular, Lex and Demitri, now have a "safe word" that means stop. It actually ended up making them a bit more kinky, and I find they're a lot hotter now that it's NOT near-rape.

- Why do so many people think it's actually 'hot'? What's so erotic in one person being hurt by another?

I think it's mostly what LadyNox said, about people playing out fantasies, whether it's fantasies they want to have happen to them or not.

Shota-con and loli-con. I don't think I could ever understand that. (Especially since shota-con and loli-con tend to overlap with rape fiction quite often)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:04 pm
interesting...but blah, heard it too many times.  

Koreik Taegru

Ace of Blue Spades

Questionable Cat

32,450 Points
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
  • Festive Eye 50
  • Tree's the Season 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:27 pm
Well, being a writer I have nothing against rape in story. I mean, it's something that, tragically, happens in real life. So no, if it's presented realistically with all the trauma and scars that come with it then I don't mind it. But the whole "falling in love with your rapist" thing is complete bullshit, I know. I mean, to even think you love your rapist means you've got some serious mental s**t going on, like Stockholm's Syndrome.

And let's face it, your average fanficcer is just doing this casually and don't really research or know anything about the trauma that is rape or Stockholm's Syndrome. So yeah, the vast majority of any rape fanfic out there is going to be total bullshit.

And, believe or not, there are people out there with kinky rape fantasies. (Of course, if they act on them as a couple then they're not really rape anyways, it's just roleplaying between consentual partners.) And fangirls apparently can't tell the difference between consentual fantasy and real, deep seat trauma. There is also the fact that on paper on on the screen, it's easy to say it's not real, it's just a fiction, which it is, admittedly. Horribly wrong fiction, but fiction nonetheless.

There's lots wrong with fanfiction, and there's lots wrong with original fiction. Sadly, there is no way to stop the bad stuff without harming the good stuff irrepareably.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:56 am

I don't like them or dislike them, I think that it depends on the approach the writer gives to it. I have read some really good rape fanfics and I happen to like the way they are written. However, do I support them? Nope, I don't. I think rape it's wrong and if you can avoid writing it it's better. Still some people thinks its hot to read them.

I think it depends in what you are looking for, if you like Yaoi because of the sex scenes then rape it's the one for you, but if you like Yaoi because it's LOVE then you might not be into rape.

I wish I could answer that, but I'm not sure. I guess it depends on your mood and taste..

Like Ace of Shadows there's some people who has the fantasy of being raped, I think it's the same with rape fanfictions; sometimes people just don't see the difference.

Shota, it's not that I don't like it, but I avoid it if I can. They are little kids and I think it's wrong. However I can read them and be objective about them.
I once had a friend who liked shota so much that the younger the kid the better for her. I mean young in a 1 year old or younger.

[~Sakura.Ai~]

Kitsune-chi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:39 pm
*shudder* I can't stand rape in fanfiction. It's not something that's romantic, not even POTENTIALLY romantic afterwards. It doesn't matter what the relationship is, I don't like it if there's not some sort of consent and mutual agreement involved. Sex is something that should be shared between two people, not forced on one side. I mean, I know: Yaoi is essentially fantasy, and maybe I'm taking it to seriously, but I still stand by it.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:07 pm
I agree with Ace of Shadows 100% on this one. Rape is tragic, but it's real. What's not real is when someone falls in love with the rapist/continues to love the rapist unless they are seriously screwed up in the head. Rape in stories just adds to the realism unless the person is in love with the rapist.

Kitsune Bara

fmagirl17

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:13 pm
.... i don't really read fanfics like that but i think it is hawt  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items