Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
This is the easiest way to burn calories I've ever heard of!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BobbySoxer01

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:14 am
So I was listening to the radio awhile ago and they said that you can burn calories while you sleep(although you shouldn't replace your current workouts cuz this doesn't burn enough calories to make up for it) but if you sleep COLD you burn calories, which makes sense. Your body has to burn more energy, which means burn more fat, to keep the body warm. So since in my neck of the woods we're going through a cold front why don't you try sleeping a little colder. It might be a little less comfortable but hey you may just burn some pesty calories  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:15 am
Awesome! I will do that tonight.

xXRachie RaeXx

HIM_fan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:48 am
wow might try that..yeah we are having that cold front you speak of also..
it sucks walking from my classes outside.. lol but its makes me speed up to get there.. lol  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:33 am
I like sleeping with the room a bit cool (I like opening my window a crack for the fresh winter air) but I use enough blankets to counteract that, I think.

I'm not sure purposely trying to be cold is a good idea, though. sweatdrop In fact, I would rather be cold when I'm up than when I'm trying to sleep. I always end up being cold when I'm in my exercise/eat right zone, anyway. My mom (nurse) says it's a side-effect of calorie burn.

I love ice water/iced green tea but it does burn... 16? calories per so many ounces of ice cold water because your body has to heat it up to body temperature in order to use it. Not a lot but hey, not like I don't already love my water on ice in the first place.

Current temperature: 1 degree F
Feels like: - 13

Hours I was doing barn work in this freezing a** cold: 7:30am-11:30am
How cold I am now: Way too cold to think I want to sleep cold. xd  

dangerousfish

RoseAintMean

5,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:28 pm
I would do that, but I get cold really easy. Like right now I'm really cold, and I have a sweatshirt on and pjs that are warm. I now I have bed heater since I get so cold. Even if you are sleeping in heat you burn calories.

My room is the coldest in the house, and I only sleep with one thing over me, becuase I hate having tons of blankets that weigh a lot getting off my bed.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:49 pm
Cold makes me very sleepy.
Therefore, I always turn on the ceiling fan on High when I go to sleep.

When I wake up, though, it's another issue. xD
I don't want to get up, because it's almost freezing in there, and it just puts me back to sleep. >.<  

Straight to Pluto

NinjaRapunzel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:47 am
I can't sleep unless it's cold (I feel suffocated if it's too hot)

I love being under big & heavy blankets heart  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games