Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Sit-Ups

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

<>
  ,/
View Results

Yuura-Sama

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:24 am
Do they Flatten the waist ?
Or build up muscle ?

Because I dont want to do something which will make my waist look bigger cuz I got to lose it .

And any other ways on losing your waist size  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:06 am
They actually do both. You will have abs you you do an exercise video and work on the waist but you just want something that flattens it....Go to a library or a store and check out or buy and exercise video pick out one that is not too hard but is just your size.

Also if you want to also work on your waist I suggest sit ups like you said and cruches. Also leg lifts. Go done on the floor and lift your head and leg up about or or 3 inches.

xXRachie RaeXx

dangerousfish

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:50 am
Some random stuff first: Everyone has a 6 pack, that's how your muscles look under your fat. Working them will make them stronger and they'll "pop" more but you still need to clear away fat for them to be visible.

The only way to clear fat and make your waist smaller is through eating less and exercise more - which you already know. ^^ So to lose fat we need to do moderately intense cardio most days of the week (don't worry! work your way up to it, start slow!) in addition to eating less and more "clean". There is no such thing as "spot reduction" so doing ab exercises won't make your waist smaller just like doing bicep curls doesn't make your arm fat go away.

Even though you can't spot reduce working a muscle group increases the local burn in that area (not a lot) and a bigger stronger muscle burns more fat than your previously weaker muscle. Muscles take up less room than fat and help make you look trimmer. That being said some people concentrate on abs so much they get really big and bigger muscles on top of fat they don't burn with cardio = bigger waist measurement.

So I think you should work your abs but you also need to do cardio to burn fat. Ab work alone with only build the muscle and can flatten the stomach to a small degree on there own - but they can't burn away the layers of fat covering them. crying My response in this post has some links to different crunches. Including the jog/crunch combo I think is a great addition to wanting to burn calories and work the abs. ^^  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games