Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Recycle Bin
What Is Your Favorite Anime? Give A Reason Why!! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zenbon_Zakura

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:52 pm
Q#1: What's your favorite anime?
Q#2: why is this your favorite anime?
Q#3: whats your 2nd favorite anime?

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:19 am
My favorite anime is called Cyber City OEDO 808.

This is my favorite anime due to a number of factors. While being from the 90's this three eps. anime OAV had everything one could hope for. The detail in the animation is fantastic. The three main characters are given back story and all have their momment to shine. Each character is intersting and you end wanting more of them. The music was plainly beautiful. There have been times when I would endlessly listen to the openin of the anime because I liked it so much. The concept and storyline were both very well done. The sci-fi nature of the setting played a bit part in createing the new world and meshing all the aspects into one whole. The three eps. were perfection. While I would have liked the anime to have gone on longer, it is also clear that due to the fact that the three main characters work better standing alone then together that a series would have been redundant.

My 2nd favorite anime is Crying Freeman. I know that if their had been an anime for Sanctuary my 2nd favorite anime would be tied. I am a huge fan of the Freeman manga series. The anime was no exception. The art is fantasticly similar if not as detailed. The anime follows closely to the manga and the scenes are just beautiful.  

Wyrn

Shameless Stalker

yaoilicious

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:57 am
My favorite anime at the moment is One Piece.

I like it a lot because Luffy is very honest and very stupid all the time. He stands for justice and eyes that don't prejudice. I also like all of the other characters because they come with their own sense of justice and troubled pasts that they can come over to become strong individuals with dreams that they are going to realize. I also like the thought of pirates who are stronger and more honest and better people than the government.

My second favorite anime... Naruto... Yeah!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:22 am
My favorite anime is Ouran High School host club. Even though Im finished with the series im still reading the manga I for one think its awsome since its like comedy and romance also I just love the twins too much ^^. My second favorite anime would have to be Bleach ^^  

inukitsy

Altiryoko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:37 pm
My favorite anime is TENCHI MUYO! It's been my favorite ever since it first came on Cartoon Network.

Why: I'm still wondering. Probably because I love heart Ryoko heart and the show was hilarious to me.

2nd Favorite: Either Elfen Lied or Tenjou Tenge. No clue. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:05 pm
I think one of my favorites right now is Loveless

My reasoning would have to be because of the battle scenes. It's all battle by words instead of swords and various other weapons. I think it's very creative. Plus, there are gay couples in it and I think that's cute XD

My second at the moment would have to be Fruits Baskets (because I enjoy learning about the zodiac)  

Chyna_Whyte

CrazyClavie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:35 pm
Q#1: What's your favorite anime?
My favorite of all time it has to be Magic Knight Rayearth, it was the one that got me deep into Anime conciously

Q#2: why is this your favorite anime?
(has spoilers)
Well, I think it is because it really presents interesting questions whitin a well structured plot line that never fails to be entrataining. MKR starts as something like a Role Playing Game - with that type of format - they even mention it on one of the first episodes. But as things progress you realize it's not just another happy-go-lucky anime.

Tragic things happen early on, and as the plot unfolds we are shown one of Anime's Best Villians: Zagato. I can wax eccstatic about Zagato. First he seems like your regular disposable villian, with deep, grutal voice, evil laughs and fondness for black clothing (spikes included). He was Princess Emeraude principal guardian, his mision in life was to protect her and keep her in a peaceful enviroment as Princess Emeraude was the Pilar or Cephiro and the whole world depends on her prayers.

One day, Zagato kidnaps the Princess and takes her away, his intentions un known and he starts lashing out against the people of Cephiro. Desperate, Emeraude sends for the Girls of the Mystical World to take the rol of Magic Knights and save her.

The protagonist of the story begin their journey and it looks like your regular, good vs bad anime. Until the end of the first seaon nears. Zagato was in love with Emeraude and lashed out against Cephiro because he thought the people were selfish, ensalving Emeraude to waste away her life praying for them without herself being ever able to be happy or fall in love. He was just fighting against a system he thought unfair.

And Emeraude was in love with him too, that's why she called the Magic Knights, not to kill Zagato, but to kill her before she got bitter and destroyed Cephiro herself. But the girls don't find out this until after they kill Zagato.

I could keep waxin lyrical about this.

And that's just the end of the first season, the second one presents a whole different set of dilemas. And also introduces my first ever anime crush: Lantis (zagato's brother).

Q#3: whats your 2nd favorite anime

It's a tie between Sakura Card Captors and UltraManiac  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:12 am
I have a few favourites...

One Piece, .HACK//Sign, Dragonball Z, Gantz, Avatar, Wolfs's Rain and Elfen Lied...

One Piece: Is so funny, Luffy amazing, he's honest, funny, and strong. mrgreen My favourite characters are Trace (Luffy's big brother), and Sanji. heart

.HACK//Sign: It's just plain amazing. The graphics, and some of the scenes in it are bloody fantastic. Plus, the story line is really interesting. Interesting twists like Tsukasa turning out to be a girl in the real world. It was really great to watch. Actually, I was watching it two days straight, screw TV when I have Anime on the computer. neutral

Dragonball Z: First Anime I ever watched, lol. I can't even explain why I like it so much... My uncle got me into it. mrgreen

Gantz: My latest Anime obsession. I only started watching it last night. But it's already so engrossing! The story line is a little complicated, being dead people fearing death again, and whole getting hurt when they're not in room but when they return they'll be okay... Confusing when you're first watching it but it makes plenty of sense when you get through the first few episodes.

Avatar: I absolutely LOVE IT! It's sooo funny. Seriously... Even my Mum loved it. Best episode is probably 'The Cave Of Two Lovers'. That's so funny. xd

Wolf's Rain: Explains it's self... o.o It's captivating. x.x PLUS! I love Kiba as much as I love Sasuke. mrgreen

Elfen Lied: It's so sad and cool at the same time... The saddest bit was probably when the mean kids killed Lucy's dog crying , I was in tears at that part. It was horrible. T.T But then she killed them all. So it was all good. mrgreen

Second favourite would be Naruto maybe?

Frankendoll.

nekachi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:15 am
mine is chobits. i guess because it's a topic that is becoming more and more related to us in the question of how would our lives look if robots were more and more like real humans..(A.I.)

so this story actually touches that subject and even the main character falls inlove with the robot and through the whole story is debating in the question of how much can a robot be like us?

my second fav is loveless

though i didn't understand the ending  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:07 pm
My favorite right now is Law of Ueki which is really wierd becasue in anime i love 2 things which is romance and plot, sadly it lacks romance and its plot is very basic. Its plot however basic as it was had a lot of solidity. It really left almost no questinos you can ask about why the characters react the way they do. It's hilarous from the beginning and has a wide variety of character personalities. i don have a second fav.  

Silvertroy

Lunar Angel666

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:25 pm
Mine would have to be Elven Lied....kind of funny how I just got done watching again....I come on here and I find this topic....heheh

Reasons why I like it....? Hmm....It's got everything I could want in an anime....blood, humor, love triangle, action.....come on....what's not to love? But seriously....I love the plot and the way that everything unfolds.....It's got a lot of twists that i didn't expect to happen....It kept me thinking.

My second favorite anime would have to be Naruto....definitely.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:56 pm
3nodding Well, i must say i have way too many favorites but the one that ill have no problem watching tiime and time again would have to be Ouran host Club. It's really cute, the plot is interesting and gets you hooked up plus its humor is addicting. Not to mention the super duper cute characters with just a dash of drama (mostly on Tamaki's part)...it's no doubt a great anime.

My second bet would have to be Bleach. Although the fllers can be dragging, i think i can still handle that..heheeheheh... xd  

kohana28

Nocz

5,550 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:17 pm
naruto is my fav

it has all these cool charachters like itachi
i especially like the part when itachi used his
magaku(sp) sharingan it was so kool
n when he used genjutsu against kakashi
did u see the part when naruto defeated
garra that was kool too. xd

id say my seconded favourit is trigun  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:38 pm
My favourite anime is and always will be, no matter how many animes I see, Cardcaptor Sakura. Why is this? Well, for one thing, it was my first real anime obsession, the anime that brought me into the world of anime. It therefore has a sentimental value to me. Secondly, the plot was so sweet and romantic. The romance -somehow- got to me, which is strange because romance is usually second to me. I have read all the mangas and watched all the episodes and both movies, my obsession is that great.

After that..... all my other favourite animes tie for second. They include all CLAMP animes, Vampire Princess Miyu, Chrno Crusade, and Beyblade... and possibly a few others.

Peggysan

ShiningRyu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:00 am
my fav would have to be Samurai Deeper Kyo, it has such a wide vareity of characters with backstories that all seem to tie in together in one way or another. youve got the humorour would be leader of a country (benitora) the headstrong bounty hunter (yuya), the driven samurai (kyo) than you have kyos former students (akira and hotaru), than you have Yukimura who changes sides so many times it just leaves you guessing what his true agenda is, and his followers sasuke and the other dude that i cant remember his name, anyways anyone who has seen it knows what im talking about, theres just so much to love about the series.

second favorite but possibly a new fav after seeing it would be Elfen Lied. sat down the other day and watched the entire series, WOW that is truly an awesome anime.  
Recycle Bin

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff