Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
...workout timeing...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HIM_fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:08 pm
I usually only work out maybe 30 - 40 min a night..(40 if im lucky) Ihavnt gotten a membership to any where just yet but plan on it!

what are some good cardiovascular exercises that you can do at home and what exactly are they in short??
i only work out at night..( my parents say that "parental saing ' you not fat'" and its weird exercising around them) my younger sisters are like pretty skinny but curvey skinny..if you understand..

what would be a few sensible exercises i could do..( and im not exactly shure of what an cardiovascular exercise is
heres what i do now:
stretch
200 sit ups
tai bo punchy things form side to side..i do that about 200 times..
about 20 push ups..
and run in place for about 10 min
and these arm circle things about 100 circles clockwise and counterclockwise combined ( my arms feel tighter when i do them.. eek ?? and i learned it in gym clas in 10th grade)

but my diet is way crappy! i get hungry then my mom is hungry so i eat what she eats and well it isnt alwayz the best choice of food..mainly junk when im with her...what could be a healthier choice of a snack to hold off untill dinner that i could pick up at a gas station, i wait on my sisters to get out of school with her so we snack..{yeah big shocker there}  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:10 pm
sometimes i just get lazy and do a few extra sit ups or sumthing just to make it to the 30 min mark..  

HIM_fan

dangerousfish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:59 pm
Wow! 20 push-ups. Great arm strenght you have, awesome!

Sit-ups don't really work the abs once you're past a certain portion which is why crunches got popular.

One thing I like to do is jog in place for 3 minutes, get down on the floor and do a 10 rep set of standard crunches, bicycle crunches, and reverse crunches. Then repeat the jogging part and the crunches and so on until you've done that or at least 10 minutes. It's a quick thing I can do any where. Remember the slower you do crunches the more you work the muscle.

I've talked to many trained professional people that say you should reach temporary muscle fatigue around 30 reps (even for fit people) or you're not really engaging the deep abs muscles (the transverse abdominals).

Walking in front of the tv instead of sitting on the couch (be prepared for siblings to laugh at you).

Those arm circle things are totally working your arms, which makes them stronger. Every movement counts! In Tae Kwon Do we had a warm up routine:
swing arms side to side across the body
tiny arm circles clockwise
big arm circles clockwise
tiny arm circles counterclockwise
big arm circles counterclockwise
one arm down over your should try and grasp your other hand coming up under the shoulder (both sides)
tighten abs and twist from side to side
nod head back and forth
nod head side to side (apparently the head circle we did back in the day have been ruled "not good body mechanics"
tight hip circles (where you end up looking kinda dumbXD)
feet apart, reach your left hand to your right toe
right hand to left toe
crouch on your right foot, stretch left leg out and stretch
crouch on left foot, stretch right leg out and stretch.

Then we would run around the room or do a bunch of kicks and punches to finish our warmup.

I used to be in the habit of doing that routine every single morning and doing a set of kicks and punches. I really feel it helped me wake-up, improve flexibility, and increase strength.

The tai bo punchy things from side to side is a great dynamic ab exercise. I love Wii Sports boxing soley for the fact that I spend the entire game with my abs in a tuck bobbing and weaving from side to side. Feel the burn. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:33 pm
Oh yeah! Another arm exercise I can do anywhere is like the arm circles but instead you turn your palms facing foward and make the movements back and forth and then switch your palms facing back. Small movements that you can really feel in the delts, triceps, and traps. Nice.  

dangerousfish

HIM_fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:04 pm
yeah 20 push ups..its sad tho becaus ei cant even do one pull up! lol its crazy..but no place to really do that in my house though so no worries on pull ups...

yeah i gradually make the circle bigger..i start out smaller then get bigger..
oh i do that last till my arms hurt way to bad to move lol sumtimes i work out angrily, alot lately..like 2 days ago i did so many circle things i couldnt even pick up my glass of water..and thats all i ever drink is water..soda makes me physically sick..any sweet drink besides tea or gartorade which is weird makes me sick..

i think i might borrow you tae kwon do rutine..sumthing better to do before i actually get into the other things you said to try! thank you! ^_^ a better warm-up so to say than just stretching alone..
im totally gonna to that rutine tho! prolly right before i head off to bed or maybe afte ri shower in the morning tomorrow since i have an early day unless it makes me sweat ( i dont really sweat much but thats besides the point , sweat is just gross..)so then maybe before i take a shower..lol  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:09 pm
the lil punchy things i did them so much that it hurt to bend over to pick up a box of art materials for so my art teacher with a bad elbow wouldnt.. i bent over and pain shot up my sides and stomache area i was oh my god!! i was like maybe i should work out angry and over work myself.. i was hurtin for like 2 days..so yeah i maybe did only 20 of those for 2 days..  

HIM_fan

BobbySoxer01

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:07 am
Hey I'm impressed, as of yet I don't have a daily workout(It hasn't helped that I'm getting over a rather nasty cold) but your workout sounds good. To get your heart pumpinb more do either jumping jacks or jump rope, both don't involve running smile and they can be done easily but work really well  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:49 am
BobbySoxer01
Hey I'm impressed, as of yet I don't have a daily workout(It hasn't helped that I'm getting over a rather nasty cold) but your workout sounds good. To get your heart pumpinb more do either jumping jacks or jump rope, both don't involve running smile and they can be done easily but work really well

well i hope your better soon..

i didnt even think about jumping jacks...thanks ^_^  

HIM_fan

dangerousfish

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 9:21 am
Oh, yeah! Jumping jacks! That's what I do when I'm tired of being inactive in front of the computer and need some movement. I jump up and do as many as I can or for 2-3 minutes whichever comes first.

Good call. ^^  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games