Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
I'm going to do this! SO I NEED YOUR HELP!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xXRachie RaeXx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:16 pm
I will need your support over here. Starting Monday I am going on a diet. I will need you guys to help keep me motivated! I need all the support I can get off the computer and on! Leave comments here atleast once a day if possible to help keep me going cause whenever I say I am going on a diet my parents say we are haveing pizza or...chinese or something really fattening. So If you guys give me as much as support and tips as much as possible whatever you can think of!

I will remember you guys for life!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:04 pm
*supports* I already shared the cardio workout (walk away the pounds) I love for beginner's (and intermidate) work out people and also a guide to lifting weights (weights are for (almost) everyone). I have lost 60 pounds, the past, using both of those. ^^

The only other thing I have to post on is how I ate when losing. No one seems to care for my posts but they make me happy and remind me of all the good stuff I used to love so I will continue on. ^^

The great thing about not being on a "diet" but on a "hey I can eat like this forever" plan is that you could have pizza or chinese - in moderation. I've just started back in my old habits of "listening to my body" as my "diet" and my body will usually tell me to eat something healthy and balanced. Last night I had a turkey sandwich on whole grain bread with a bit of miracle whip and romaine, a string cheese stick, and one fig newton. My body was happy (why we only had one newton instead of the full serving size who knows, that is what the body wanted). If the family gets pizza I ask the body if it wants a piece, if it says yes I take one and some salad (my mom makes a salad with 99% of all our meals, which makes it easier). I can take another piece if I want but usually the body says, "eh, no more pizza. I'm not hungry" or "get me xxx."" There is a point you have to cut the body off if it wants too much junk but soon you and the body will retrain yourself to thinking about good foods.

So my diet is "eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm not". Stopping when you're not is an important part of listening to your body. Normally we eat until we're full which is probably too much food.

If you go to high school and/or live with your parents it is harder to change your lifestyle since so much depends on the less flexible schedule of high school and the constraints of parents buying the food.

If you need more foods in the house that are healthy to eat you might want to say someone rec'd you blahblah or gym/health class asked you to try out different foods - maybe they even told you to try and eat a salad with your meal whenever possible (dressing on the side!). I actually eat a small salad with a lot of meals because the lettuce (I like romaine and baby spinach) helps fill up the tummy on a few calories . I like cucumbers and carrots in mine too. My mom also puts in tomatoes and olives but I pick those out xd .

Of course, if you're allowed to pick out food during shopping trips and your family normally keeps good things in the house anyway it won't look odd and if you think your parents are unconsciously being saboteurs the little lies might be helpful and shouldn't hurt anyone.

Wow, my keyboard kinda started flipping out - sorry for any weird space issues.

Keep posting and letting us know what's going on! : D People will support you here even if you don't feel like they do irl.  

dangerousfish

BobbySoxer01

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:43 pm
Hey good luck with your weight loss. I'd be more than happy to correspond with you because that could give us the motivation we both need. I think weight loss will be much easier with motivation and support. It's great that their's a guild for all of us so we can be with other supportive people who can help us reach our dreams.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:39 am
I would love to go on a diet and like you said dangerousfish they have been that word that you call it and when we have pizza...She says the cheese only has a couple calories but it really has a lot. I think what you are trying to say is that you are asking your body...but its more like watching what you eat as a diet. And I totally agree you should start out fresh and watch out for your body for alittle while but then you actually have to get down to business and eating.

xXRachie RaeXx

LadyImpish

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:21 pm
Awesome! You can do this!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:23 pm
YAY!!!  

xXRachie RaeXx

only_cutie_ever

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:47 pm
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DIET....i went on a diet last week and i lost 6 pounds my mom asked my gym teacher if i could come after school every tuesaday and thusday to work out and its helping but this week im probaly not staying after cause i have a bad cold but again good luck

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games