Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
Gravitation EX Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

aurelia sabina

Codebreaking Prophet

5,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:16 pm
Okay. I was at my local bookstore and my buddy works there. He had a few copies of EX and let me get one ahead of the official release.
Any discussion on it?

my only comment is that it makes me love Yuki even more than I did before.
And dislike Ryuichi a bit.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:55 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.>> Only the blackest of hearts

Yeah, I didn't like Ryuuichi in EX - until the end. Then it appeased to my whims (somewhat)

Yuki was so lovable heart heart heart

And I love that transvestite whose name I perpetually can never remember

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Can feel the purest of love <<

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Creide Idun

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:00 pm
dude, there was so a Death Note bit in there..

YAOI NOTE.

It's happened. there is now a Yaoi Note in a manga.

heart  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:16 pm
This is the manga with the RyuichixShuichi hinting, right?

If it is I'm quite happy about that! I'm a bigger fan of Ryu/Shu than Yuki/Shu (sorry!).

When does the manga come out?  

Loki Loki Love

Kitschy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:00 am
I read it a while ago online. (Don't yell at me, still gonna buy it!) Thought it was so great! I love Ryu even more than before and now Yuki's character actually has some depth! heart

It comes out on the 13th.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:25 pm
AHHHH! >.< just bought it today, and I SO loved it! I'm not sure what to think, actually. I've always loved Ryu, even though he was a bit of a b*****d towards the end of the original series. And I've supported that he and Shu should hook up. wink So...I just loved that kiss!! >.<
...But then when Yuki walked up, I buried my face in the book. My mom was right there, and she laughed and said, "You're so goofy."
And I said, "Nooo! He cheated on him with the hot dude!" And she was like, "I HATE when that kind of thing happens!" dripping with playful sarcasm. whee

And the little kid, Riku! How kawaii! I loved the "Pain, Pain, Go Away!!" part, too. He was such a cutie!! >.<

And yes, I wish I had my own yaoi note that actually worked... mad

Ouka of Heaven and Hell

xxIrrelevant Obsessionxx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:17 pm
eh...I just finished gravitation and have been dieing to get my hands on EX!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:39 pm
i liked Murakami's new art style, even though it was decidedly different. i think its a nice change, personally. and i loved how Eiri wasn't as much of an a**! its great, him and Shuichi actually had/have a stable relationship now! Ryuichi is always gonna be my favorite character, no matter what... though i DID get a bit ticked at him for kissing Shuichi.... but hey, all ended well, right? thats all that matters heart
~Rin  

Amaya_Moonstone

epikaa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:55 pm
I still need to read the rest of the comic and I forgot what I thought of the first few chapters I read. XD  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:12 pm
Uhg, I reffuse to buy this series. I'm sorry I loved Gravitation, but Gravitation EX just looks like a cop out. I have flipped through it twice now and I just... her art makes my eyes hurt now! Sure the lines are a little clearer... but Shuichi has regressed in age! He's supposed to be older and he looks no older than 12! scream That and from what I have heard of the plot line, Yuki's turned into a p***y. I like my old Yuki! Even if I am wrong about the plot, the art just makes me cry, I am never getting it.  

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:06 pm
Oh I could be sick on myself... I really could... especially after seeing the post above the one I am just typing now.

I bought it... I went, and I caved... and I f***ing bought it today ><. The worst part, I am actually enjoying most of it! Am I so desperate now that I am whoring myself out to manga that I vowed to hate? It seems so...

Curiosity really did get the best of me... People around me(not you guys here no worries) would not shut up about it and finally today in the comic shop I was like 'okay, you know what, fine, I'll do it, all I have to lose is $14.'

So yeah... I own it now... *Sigh*  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:34 am
Well, I read Gravitation EX Volume 1. I like it alot. Not as much as Gravitation itself but it's still a pretty good sequel. I like Yuki's character more in the sequel because he's more caring and he actually shows he loves Shuichi by getting jealous. Ryuichi surprised me-ALOT. I kinda guessed he had feelings for Shuichi. But I never thought he would've acted on it. I don't know why I think that there's something happening that we don't know about...lols. All in all, Gravitation EX is pretty awesome. ^_^  

DiruDiru-chan

MooMooJuice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:40 pm
HoshiNoMiko
Oh I could be sick on myself... I really could... especially after seeing the post above the one I am just typing now.

I bought it... I went, and I caved... and I f***ing bought it today ><. The worst part, I am actually enjoying most of it! Am I so desperate now that I am whoring myself out to manga that I vowed to hate? It seems so...

Curiosity really did get the best of me... People around me(not you guys here no worries) would not shut up about it and finally today in the comic shop I was like 'okay, you know what, fine, I'll do it, all I have to lose is $14.'

Haha, you're not alone. ^^;
I hated Murakami's new style too, and on top of that, I wasn't really satisfied with the ending of Gravitation.

But, like you, curiousity (with help from boredom) got the best of me, and I decided to read it. >>

Let's face it, even if I'm still not too comfortable with the fact that a 20-year-old male could pull off being 10 easily, I loved Gravitation. And Gravitation EX is no different.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:07 pm
MooMooJuice
HoshiNoMiko

Haha, you're not alone. ^^;
I hated Murakami's new style too, and on top of that, I wasn't really satisfied with the ending of Gravitation.

But, like you, curiousity (with help from boredom) got the best of me, and I decided to read it. >>

Let's face it, even if I'm still not too comfortable with the fact that a 20-year-old male could pull off being 10 easily, I loved Gravitation. And Gravitation EX is no different.

Oh my god, thank the lordy, I am not alone! Yeah, the art style just really... UHG... I mean the first couple of chapters are okay, but by the time Ryuichi comes back into the picture it starts going down hill. I must say, the shot I adore the most is the first shot of Shuichi that you see, with the little paper boy hat and the sunglasses. I think that looks awesome even if he does look a little on the femminine side.  

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games