Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Were you ever against yaoi? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yaoi =
Love
63%
 63%  [ 221 ]
Proof someone out there loves us/wants us to be happy.
36%
 36%  [ 128 ]
Total Votes : 349

Kitsune Bara

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:20 pm
I'm just kind of curious if anyone was ever against yaoi/shounen ai at some point. For me, kind of. sweatdrop I wasn't as much against it than I was afraid of it. I know what your probably thinking, but when I was in third grade I was browsing the web for some regular Hiei (YYH) pics to add to my Hiei folder. Then I came across this one site, and the first pic I saw was of Kurama and Hiei in bed...doing things. >.>;; Not to mention I continued scrolling down hoping to find at least one normal pic, but the rest I saw were just a ton of hardcore yaoi. I was scarred for a long time, but the scar went away after a long while. (Obviously)

But it didn't help any that I bought a Newtype magazine soon after, and it came with a free Gravtation DVD. I can't remember what made me get over it though. I know that my sister had something to do with it, but I'm just not exactly sure how.

So, was there ever a time when you were against it/it creeped you out/etc? If so, what made you get over it?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:30 pm
A few years ago, I was one hundred percent against yaoi. Then, I decided to read some yaoi fanfiction, just to have material to use to laugh at yaoi fans.

Needless to say, I was forever changed.

Also, I think I saw a couple loving pics of Yusuke and Hiei. That might have had something to do with it.  

Subliminal Echoes

Kitsune Bara

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:34 pm
YYH seems to always do the trick.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:50 pm
blaugh I fell in love with Yaoi when I was first introduced to it!  

Bunniechild

silvercharmer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:57 pm
my 9th grade year i was extremely against yaoi xD my friend gave let me read her gravitation series and i became extremely addicted lol xD im in 11th grade now btw and ive made friends who liked yaoi and lost friends who were against my yaoi love 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:35 pm
Actually, yes, there was. ^.^' My grandmother used to live us. Since I was a baby, to just a month or two ago. (She went to live with my Aunt in Ohio.) Well, she was a pretty... To-the-core Christian.

She had a tendancy to guide our (my brother and I's) beliefs, until I actually decided to look into it and realized what a beautiful thing it was.

Of course, that meant a ton of lectures through the roof for about... Two years now. xD;

Shoori

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:48 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.>> Only the blackest of hearts

I probably would have - except when I started liking slash, I was... 8... and didn't really know it was slash that I liked - I just thought Harry and Draco were cute together - then I entered the wonderful world and was hooked.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Can feel the purest of love <<

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:56 pm
Well, luckly, I was a very sheltered child when I was younger.
I never knew gay people even existed before seeing Gravitation.
( And suprisingly, it didn't phase me at all when I was looking through screenshots )

So, no. I never was. ^^;  

MooMooJuice

she_speaks_insane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:21 pm
i was like, "huh?" when i was first introduced, and now it's for my reading pleasure. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:37 pm
I never hated it but a few years ago I would have said 'Just keep it to yourself and keep it away from me and everything will be fine.' But now... well you can tell I love it now.  

Chibi_Oni_chan

K.N.D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:24 am
I used to, but then my friend got me into it. XD I don't remember why I didn't like it in the first place. neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:41 am
I never hated yaoi. When I stumbled upon it for the first time when I was 13, I was just like, "Oh. Well, that's something new to me."

I never thought of it, occasionally stumbling upon it until I just couldn't get it out of my mind and started finding more about yaoi and then I read an original yaoi fic and I was HOOKED. eek Oh, Happy Day! X3 heart It's too bad the author of the fic never finished the story. gonk crying

SilverMaple
Crew

Sparkly Lover

Kurai no Kuria

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:50 am
Never against it. Maybe a bit grossed out yet oddly intrigued. Did a bit more digging up until it became an addiction.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:51 am
Not that I can think of... I recall running into a Taichi/Yamato (Digimon) fic before I was into the yaoi fandom, and just kind of shrugging and going "That's weird". Not because it was two guys, but because I really couldn't see that couple. (I was a die-hard Taichi/Sora fan... Still kind of am, actually...)

Then... at one point my parents rented a movie that had a slashy scene in it, and I recall wondering why my parents thought it was so gross. I was all "What's the big deal? They're just kissing."

And anyway, then at some point in 9th or 10th grade, a friend of mine discovered Trowa/Quatre in Gundam Wing, and Haruka/Michiru in Sailor Moon, and I fell in love with both yaoi AND yuri. ^_^.  

RionaDaidouji

Claire_Hiwatari

450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:01 am
heart I wasnt into yaoi until i was 13 years old...than thats when i first read gravitation and i though it was really good. Than i started to read alot more yaoi and now im addicted to it. heart  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff