Reply ~.The Atheist Guild.~
how do your beliefs affect the way you treat others? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CrazyCatExtreme

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:44 pm
I always found that the only reasons that religous people treated others decently was because they where trying to buy their way into Heaven. One person said to me something along the lines of "if everyone had the fear of God then there wouldn't be any evil in the world." But I believe statistics show that 75% of the prison population is christian while only 0.2% are atheist. I like to treat others with respect and try to volunteer my time and be a good friend etc. Not because I want to buy my way into Heaven, but just because it's a good thing to do.

I also found that the way ppl treat animals is also influenced by their religion. I don't think Humans are so much "better" than all the other animals ( and I say OTHER animals cause science proves that we are mamals, evolved from apes although most religous people I know deny it) I don't see them as soul-less creatures that don't have feelings or personalities. And personaly I am an animal lover and with the risk of sounding like a crazed animal loving freak(which I supose I am) I have more respect for animals than for most humans.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:05 am
I treat Christians the same as i would treat any other person. My two best friends are both Christian and they're the two greatest people in the world.
I will however laugh at them if they say something religious that I find completely hilarious.  

[x] Natasha [x]

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:17 pm
I don't care what religion someone is. If they sex me up then. . .I mean if I like them then I will be friends with them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:28 am
xd Your mind is way too perverted Cloud!  

[x] Natasha [x]

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:21 am
I feel that if a person dies and all the organs are put to good use the body should be eaten, it would be one step closer to abolishing world hunger. If the person's dead I don't see any harm.
I do find it weird on these idiotic guys in my class, their politics are strange. They think gays disturb the natural order, all girls are ditzes, stuff like that. They also believe they aren't animals and animals deserve nothing except the ones they like. If they'd like mouses, they'd try to ban cats.
Yeah, I don't really care if they are acting or not, I still would profit either way if they treated people religiously. If they don't want to accept the truth, they can throw away as much of their ONLY life as they can, since they don't want to be detheisized xd .
Wow, that was a cold paragraph burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:29 am
Too bad we can't really allow large scale human cannibalism cuz our brains will turn into sponges.

No kidding either, a disease very similar to mad cow disease shows up and kills you. Useally with an incubation period of like 15 years or more though.

Look it up.  

Bluuberry

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:01 am
Lol, oh dear!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:49 pm
? That's weird confused
Maybe we could sterilize it.
Dihydrogen Monoxide!  

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

[x] Natasha [x]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:09 am
Nice... neutral  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:52 pm
What? I like dyhydrogen monoxide!  

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

Heterosexual Fa gg ot
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:18 pm
I treat everyone equally (Or at least try to) I treat Christians well but for some reasons...They don't treat me too great because I'm an Atheist. Oh well, they can blow me.
User Image

[.Julie Booly.]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:46 am
I always just follow the "Golden Rule." You know, treat others as you would have them treat you. I just think it logical. However, I do kind of think of theists as kids who still believe in Santa Claus. But I don't treat them bad, I just secretly pitty them. ninja Shhh, don tell nobody.  

Kharybuce

Newbie Noob

Hiemdall

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:05 pm
Belief does affect pretty strongly  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:56 pm
it does, belief affect very much so in a persons life.

but one thing that was long before christianity was respect, and that is very important regardless of religious belief.  

Birous

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:24 pm
I hate to bring it up in the Atheist Guild, but I would like to point out in The Book of Job, Job is a "god fearing man" he does not crack and spite the name of God no matter how much Satan tempts him killing his livestock, his children, covering his body in painful soars, and even going as far as to turn his friends against him.

The fear of what God could do to them if they are bad drives them to be nice.

I myself treat everyone with equal prejudice.  
~.The Atheist Guild.~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff