Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

reply fool
  yes ma'ma
View Results

aaaaasdfghj

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:49 am
I have resently been thinking, what you as a person, think is the hardest thing to do. Would it be telling someone you love them? Saying your sorry, or admiting your wrong? I think that for me it's admiting that you messed up. Not only do you then doubt yourself, but you might have to also apologize.

So discuss
Human short comings.
The lack of caring in the world today.
How our rushed day to day life has left us bitter shells of what we once were. rofl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:55 am
-crayonscribbles-
I have resently been thinking, what you as a person, think is the hardest thing to do. Would it be telling someone you love them? Saying your sorry, or admiting your wrong? I think that for me it's admiting that you messed up. Not only do you then doubt yourself, but you might have to also apologize.

So discuss
Human short comings.
The lack of caring in the world today.
How our rushed day to day life has left us bitter shells of what we once were. rofl

Of those choices? I'd have to admit to not being able to tell someone I loved them. It's a lot tougher then it seems I guess. And then it doesn't always have a nice end result. When it comes to messing up though, if I realize I've messed up or been a jerk I apologize because I know it would probably hurt someone more to be upset about whatever it is I did. Sometimes it just takes a little time to figure what/who was wrong.

In any case, I think apathy is a human short-coming. Things that we should care about go unnoticed because it somehow doesn't directly affect them. Apathy can bread a lot of ignorance. If I had to think up an example, I'd have to say Global warming or even second hand smoke and the like. Those who drive while impaired too.

If the above doesn't seem right it may be because apathy doesn't quite describe it. But hopefully you get my drift.

Also, in reply to the rushed lives thing... I'm not so sure life goes by all that fast. We make it fast or we can only call it fast if by some sort of living end we find ourselves feeling "old". I don't want to live life as a straight arrow. Work hard now and be happy when I'm arthitic later. A handful of people reach out and grasp dreams. I want adventure and I want it well into old age. This will make my life full. So there should never be an end. Never a time where I feel life was too short and I should have fit more in.

Now I've just about even confused myself.  

Oulixeus
Crew

Kohana Ichibana

9,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:00 am
This ones a big one to discuss about. Yes telling someone you love them is very hard. I should know. Ive somehow brought myself to tell a guy I liked him not so long ago. I wont go into detail on what happened. Hehe, bad idea. It didnt go so well for me but thats not the point. The point is when you tell someone you love them you expect them to tell you they love you back and when they dont it just hurts you worse. Love is one of those crazy things that can make you happy in one instant and depressed in another.

Saying your sorry. Well this one is another toughy. Its not as hard when your not stubborn but heck how many out there arent stubborn anymore? I know I am x.x;; its hard to fight off the stubborn-ness and admit to someone that you were wrong and they were right all along. No ones perfect, everyone messes up once in a while but admitting to it is one of the hard parts of life.

Doubting yourself. OMG I so have something for this XD well its not going to cure cancer but its just something to toss around in your head. My History teacher is all about fixing the situation of people who doubt themselves. He actually wrote a book on it too its called "The Delano Code" its not very popular yet but it might be someday. Anyway he knows that in our lives not only do we put ourselfs down but others do it for us as well saying "you cant do it" you cant change the way anyone else thinks or make them priase you to feel better. So my teacher came up with a Code of Law, he makes us repeat it to ourselfes every morning. Many of us, because others say we cant, think we cant. Thats were doubt comes from. But in the code we recite.
"I am Intellegent.
I am Special.
I am Worth Loving.
I am worth Forgiving.
I am Intrinsically good.
I must believe in myself.
I will be my own best friend.
I have courage.
I have diciplin.
I have commitment.
I am a winner.
And I will always invision success."
By saying good things about ourselfs you'd be surprised how much courage comes from it.

I'd write more on this topic but I gotta head to school... I'll continue later.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:54 am
I have problems saying "I love you" and truly meaning it. I believe I mean it but the next thing that happens is that I get in weird moods and it's obvious my "love you's" are really just "I really like you's"

I hurt a lot of people because of how I do this. And I tell them first thing not to believe me when I say it. But somehow they end up believing me and we both get hurt in the end. (I don't like hurting people, so when I hurt someone I get hurt too)

gonk

DismalFate

aaaaasdfghj

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:16 pm
Oh just extra little note if you think of something that you see is in your mind a short coming you can disscus that. I just wrote suggestions to get the blood flowing. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:51 pm
Out of those choices, I too, think saying I love you is the toughest one. I dont think I have ever said that word in that context and it had not been a joke. I havent even said that to my family. So to me, that phrase would be big and heavy.

I think that its something that's real and is better expressed in actions rather than words. If I knew someone to say that a lot, I wouldnt consider that phrase to mean too much of anything coming from that person.

~

I agree about how we are very socially apathetic. That's why I love the free hug campaign so much (and this coming from a person who's not big on PDA and am not a touchie-feelie person). I mean how many people actually help others as they walk down the street? Its like if we notice something, you turn a blind eye and walk on by thinking more about what you have to do for yourself and your current situation.

And i think a great part of this is fueled by just how cynical society is. It's like everyone is a criminal, you cant trust anyone, that smile isnt really a smile, that person has ulterior motives. That and how self-centered we are. We are taught to believe that success is having a good job, nice clothes, nice cars and all that jazz. We dont focus as much on the other things, that are smaller and seem insignificant but bring a lot more happiness and fulfillment. Not to mention the fact that we have a "winner takes all, do whatever it takes" attitude. Makes me think that maybe being too independent isnt necessarily the best thing. But thats a whole other thing.

~

I think life goes by fast in terms of time; and thats why you should make the most of it. But this is probably because of some resentment I feel towards decisions i have made in the past. Sometimes, I feel like I have wasted away years of my life doing absolutely nothing. Nowhere is this better felt than when I watch the olympics or something like that. People younger or the same age as me, winning gold medals...im like, "ugh..I think i was faster time for girls one time in elementary?"

But I dont fall into the rushed daily life, at least I try not to. If I feel like taking it slow, I will take it slow. Plus, If im late, im late. In the grand scheme of things, its all about how are you gonna feel about your life when you are on your deathbed, right?

~

Oh! I agree with doing that, positive reinforcement, even if you yourself are the only one that may be doing it. It truly does help. The more you say it, the more you start believing in it, and once you have confidence in yourself, you can do anything (even mess up) and still be okay with it all.  

Blaiz

Nephilium

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:55 pm
I think one short coming about humans is the lack of any courtesy in everyday interactions. People rush to get where they are going, not caring that they cut others off in traffic, knock someone aside in their rush to get to the door, cuss at a person they don't even know for imagined slights. It’s not that hard to open a door for someone or to say 'thankyou' or ' excuse me'.
It’s also not necessary to shout to a companion that is standing next to you just because you are in a public setting.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:07 pm
I mainly have a problem with accepting other peoples short comings.

I know what I am capable of and I know my limits and I have no problem with being wrong......But, when someone I know is having problems and says they can't do something or can't be something they want to be and don't believe in themself.............that really bothers me. I guess I think alot more of there capabilites than mine. So I want them to have sucess in life and when they give up it bugs me. (If that makes any since at all)

As for the lack of caring in the world today............there is stile caring.......you just have to know where to look. I don't think there is less caring.............just less people willing to take action when it is needed.

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin HAVE A GREAT DAY! biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin  

londonchick25

1,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items