Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Countdown Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cleocatra

IRL Trash

34,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:25 pm
So, what do you think will happen?

I'm reasonably upset that he died. Do you think he'll get a replacement, and will he/she be acceptable?

I for one think no-one can replace him.

His terrible puns shall always be partially remembered.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:44 pm
You said my thoughts almost exactly.
I don't really see how anyone can say much more on the matter.  

Boolean Julian
Crew

davidcrossfan06

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:36 am
Cleocatra Osiris
So, what do you think will happen?

I'm reasonably upset that he died. Do you think he'll get a replacement, and will he/she be acceptable?

I for one think no-one can replace him.

His terrible puns shall always be partially remembered.

His puns will be remembered via the painful wincing that they emoted during his life. The awkward pauses live on.

Incedentally, I have a spider that keeps crawling back to my hand, even when I put it on the computer.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:57 am
I think it'll have to stop running for while to let the audience mourn his death. Then they'll replace him when everybody's forgotten. And they will, eventually. people forget very easily.  

Ph_ish

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:39 am
In a way, I do mourn his death. Countdown is one of those thing where, despite the fact you never watch it, it's good to know it's there. Like Radio 3 and Warwick Castle.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:11 am
It was going to stop running about now anyway though, finishing off with a series of celebrity hosts over the summer or something.

Still, he couldn't be replaced. It's nice to know that our sixth-form made a tiw and posted it to him, he wore it on one of the shows.

biggrin heart

Invictus_88
Captain

dreaming_mouse

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:19 pm
I think it would be disrespectful if they did replace him. This was his show, in the 24 years it was on he never missed one show - it basically belonged to him. Would it really be right for them to put someone else there?

I couldn't believe he was dead when I heard it - I didn't even know he was ill but that's just how unobservant I am. I remember when me and my nan would watch it when I was staying around hers (she doesn't have sky so you know rolleyes ) and it was always quite fun to watch with her...very sad that we won't be able to do that now. Repeats just aren't the same...  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 4:03 am
The maths ones were my favourates, particularly because I'm better with maths than english.

I was shocked when I heard, my brother just said "By the way, Richard Whitely's dead."
"WHAT?!"  

Zoutout

davidcrossfan06

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:40 am
Ph_ish
I think it'll have to stop running for while to let the audience mourn his death. Then they'll replace him when everybody's forgotten. And they will, eventually. people forget very easily.

As always, I could quote a radiohead lyric here but I shan't.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:00 am
The thing on the metro about that was hilarious.
''Carol devastated at whiteley's death.' and it had a picture of Carol Vorderman grinning.....

I must say, I don't care about that guy dying.  

x.Tag.Youre__Pregnant.]]

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:03 am
j0sef
Ph_ish

Which would that be?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:47 am
whapcapn
j0sef
Ph_ish

Which would that be?

"You forget so easy."
- from the song 'You and Whose Army?'

4laugh

davidcrossfan06

Tsamikayu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:14 am
Wow, it's been on that long . . .

I feel quite sad that he's gone too, it's like the end of an era. I'll always remember how my brother secretly loved Countdown, he was always good at the Maths section.

Come to think of it, ever since my brother was little he loved it. It'd be on at my gran's house, when we (my siblings and I) were still in highchairs, and when my brother saw it coming on he'd get all excited and shout 'clock, clock!'. This must have been all the more hilarious for my parents because he couldn't pronounce his l's very well biggrin

Richard Whitely, we shall miss ye, terrible puns and all.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:37 am
I used to occasionally watch it, but I couldn't play that well. When I heard he was dead I was shocked. when I think of that show he comes to mind, so if they replaced him it just wouldn't feel right.  

ney1

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:24 pm
WHAT?!? He died!?! 0.o
How did I not know this?!? eek

That is not good. He used to bring joy to many. Hm. When did this occur?
sad  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces