Reply ~.The Atheist Guild.~
Freedom of speech Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:46 am
There is no such thing. If we were truly allowed to express our feeling then we would be alowed to be racist but becuase we can't make racist comments we don't have freedom of speech. See what I'm getting at?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:19 am
It's nice to hear your opinions.  

Cloud0.0Strife

Kharybuce

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:31 am
Cloud0.0Strife
It's nice to hear your opinions.

xd Hold on padre, the V-Day is got people glutonizing heart necklaces, so I'm sure it'll be a few days before posting gets back to normal.

Anyway, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "freedom" of speach. The term used in our government means that the government itself cannot punish you for anything you say. So, for example, if I said "******** the police, ******** bush, ******** niggers, ******** whitey, ******** this country!" The government cannot punish me.

Now, if what you mean is that we cannot express in a public unpopular ideas such as racism, sexism, and even Atheism without persecution from our fellow Americans, then I agree with you. However, this occurs because people have the right to not support something they disagree with. If the KKK wants to hold a ralley in some guys parking lot, he has a right to order them off his property. Or if the owners of television station don't like anti-semetic comments, they have a right to cancel the show.

To get back to your statement, we can make racist comments. The police actually mobilize and protect KKK demonstrations to keep black people from kicking some a**. They do this because it's the KKK's right to voice their opinion regardless of how foolish it is. According to the law, we civilians shoudln't take punishment into our own hands, so even though screaming spick in a Mexican restaraunt will probably get you an a** whoopin', it wasn't the government, and you have a right to sue for asssault.

Hmm...maybe I said too much.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:03 pm
I hate talking to people smarter than me. It makes me fell so dumb. Also, it's your fellow Americans. Not mine.  

Cloud0.0Strife

Kharybuce

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:42 pm
Cloud0.0Strife
Also, it's your fellow Americans. Not mine.

sweatdrop My bad.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:51 pm
Isn't there something in the constitution about not making racist comments? I read my country's (Canada) and I thought there was... I don't know, I only read it to look for the thing about Freedom of Speech. But I think you are correct on that, Kharybuce-san.

Where are you from, Cloud-san?  

Xia Momo Capernicus

Sparkly Pumpkin

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:45 am
Well Momo-kun, I'm from England.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:16 pm
Ahhh, I see.

BTW, I'm a chick with a cross-dressing avvie...

gaia is a stereotyping a**; girls don't have good short hair styles  

Xia Momo Capernicus

Sparkly Pumpkin

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:46 am
Why did you say that? Is it 'cause I said kun? How's about Momo-chan?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:40 pm
Precisely. The Government is just brainwashing silly, weak minded idiots into thinking that. If we had freedom of speech then I should be able to take all you sexy Atheists, walk into a church, and go "BLOW ME!"....But OH NO!

b*****d Government.

User Image

[.Julie Booly.]

Heterosexual Fa gg ot
Captain

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:03 pm
Well, I went in one time and yelled that and the vicar took of all of her clothes and did it. Believe me? Good, I'd be worried if you did.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:56 am
Yet again, Cloud, you have gone too far.  

[x] Natasha [x]

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:26 am
It's what I do.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:12 pm
Freedom of speech does not mean you get to say what you want where you want, while it does merit you an opinion you do not get the luxury of go to a black Jewish guy's house in a KKK outfit waving a Nazi flag. Just as you have the right to go into a Church on Sunday and hand out fliers about why God isnt real so does the priest have the right to call the cops on your sorry a** for trespassing and disrupting the peace.  

[Hollow Point]

Veinlash

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:22 pm
sure u can call people whatever the ******** you want
but if u want to put someone down That bad
do it
i dare u to go to the ghetto and call every black man u see a ******
see what happens  
~.The Atheist Guild.~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff