Submit

Sudoku?
  what? this is america, ENGLISH!
  fun stuff
  psh! like id ever do a number puzzle
View Results

Blaiz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:44 pm
SO how about that sudoku in the newspaper guys? Any takers?

Well, i took it and guess what. this one is one stupid lil no good number puzzle that i dislike very much!!!! argh! frustrations are plenty right now. You believe ive been trying to figure it out for the past couple of hours and getting to about 3/4 of the way done and realizing....NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear to you i was finishing, i was so close, then i saw it. the one's clashed. they were in the same row!

crying crying gonk gonk

but enough of my moaning, here's the real topic(s) of discussion.

Anybody out there like sudoku? or the puzzles in the newspaper in general? Have you ever finished them? Do them in class? Rip the paper to shreds out of frustration??

Just wondering. (and it goes to show you what i really do in class vs paying attention)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:11 pm
OMG! I <3 Sodoku... but it gets on meh nerves sometims.
Last year in my spanish class a friend of mine brought it to school, he taught me how to play, I got the hang of it after a while and from then on day after day he'd bring me the Sodoku from the newspaper XD I was tempted to buy the "Sodoku for dummies" book cause... I really suck at it.
I may not be a pro at it but its a fun brain teaser game.
I enjoy playing even when I've lost all sanity in figuring out where the heck the 4 goes XD

Kohana Ichibana

9,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Love Machine 150

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:26 pm
>D I love sudoku puzzles. I've found that the ones in newspapers are usually harder than ones found in magazines or sudoku books.
Or maybe it was just a tough one in the newspaper that one day. x.x

I love doing crossword puzzles too. I may not be able to complete all of them, but I get better with each one I attempt. I also learn new words/facts in the process.
I completed the one in my newspaper today. I was proud of myself. :3

Ooo~ but my favorites right now are things called cryptoquips. You know, those puzzles where you have some sort of phrase you have to decipher and one letter will stand for another letter...
I have most of the patterns down for the one in my newspaper, so I can usually solve them now. XD i don't know, I like the challenge.

And~~ they do help pass the time...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:09 pm
so true! i love sudoku and cryptoquips.
~
i feel so codebreaker secret agent with the cryptoquips. but they are fun! ninja
~
yeah, i always get screwed with just one number too, but its not the four. its usually the one or five for me. which in this one, it just so happened to be both. this is the hardest sudoku ive come across so far. it sucks, for every place i have to decide on two/three different numbers. this one is tough to trace back where my error could be.
~
nah, man, the crosswords are the hardest for me. i dont know if im just not that well read or not smart enough to think of words, its just tough. i think ive only finished one, but that one was probably easy and it was based on animals (which i love so i know a lot about). but congrats to ya!!
~
the jumbles are fun too. you get a certain number of mixed up words and you have to figure out what word it is. then with the letters that are circled you have to figure out the sentence that would go with the picture. >.<

My friend got me addicted to that one in class. We'd both sit there and do them.

The rest came from being bored in school and grabbing the newspaper for something to do.  

Blaiz

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff