Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Primrose Moon
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:06 am
THE GIRL OF SHADOWS

Corlen’s weather was indeed, kind. The wind was slight, the birds were singing and the sun was as bright as could be. Still, this did nothing to aid Vanessa Rosswood’s sour mood.

“Merl!” she cried. “Merl, if you don’t get here this second, I swear I’ll do something you’ll regret! I mean it!”

She and Merl always had issues. Merl may’ve come first by a few seconds, but that was no excuse. They were still twins and it wasn’t fair that he acted so troublesome while calling himself the older. And like that made a difference anyway!

Vanessa was just about to ask around when an apple flew at her head with a hollow thump sound. After shaking her head, she noticed the large apple tree beside her and the boy on one of the branches.

“You pest! What are you doing up there?” Vanessa yelled at him, rubbing her head tenderly.
“Hullo Vanny!” chirped Merl. “Why so dull? It’s almost as if someone threw something at you!”
Vanessa ground her teeth. “Oh, you monster! What’s the big idea? We were meant to leave town about 10 minutes ago!”
Merl flicked his hand at the town’s exit as he sprawled over a thicker branch.
“Look Van, the exit’s just over there, not such a long walk as you make out. We can take our time here anyway.”

She brushed back her ebony hair before answering. Her hair was one of the things she prided herself on. Something she shared with her mother that she actually liked. Merl and Vanessa actually didn’t look that similar for twins nor did they act similar. In fact, it’s almost impossible to believe they were twins.

“You have a point.” conceded Vanessa “But my point still stands too. Where have you been all day?”

He hopped down from his tree, laughing.
“Where do you reckon, eh? Really Van, if you used your brain more often you could figure things like this out yourself. It’s really obvious. I was asking around for father.”

“Really?” Vanessa said. “Funny that, you doing something that actually helps us and all. No luck, I suppose?”
Merl straightened up a little adopting a more serious position. “Listen Van, you won’t believe it. Apparently a man with the same description came by and asked where to find a place called Emoria! Weird, huh? You think its coincidence or what?”
Vanessa poked her cheek. “It’s certainly weird but why would our father do that? It doesn’t make much sense, huh?”

“Finally, we agree on something.” Merl said.
“Don’t tempt your luck.” She replied.  
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:12 am
wow! thats really good! where can i find the rest of it? why did you write this? biggrin
mATTZ razz  

mattzere

Primrose Moon
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:07 am
A-ah! You really like it? Um, well, there is no way to find the rest of it. I really write first chapters and see who likes them and then write more. If you'd like, I could write some more.

I wrote it cause I wanted to do more with my characters Vanessa and Merl who were side-characters. Plus, I just love writing. It was a good idea at the time.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:25 pm
What an amazing story chapter!! I definitely want to read more!! Please write more lol heart  

Marzipans

Fairy Alchemist 96

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:10 am
You are gifted with story writing! 3nodding  
Creative Center [Share your skills with us!]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out