Reply Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild
T'pring, being evil or being logical.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

good or evil?
  good. She was being logical.
  Evil. She nearly killed both Kirk and Spock.
  neither/I have no oppinion.
View Results

Naphatarie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:58 pm
So I read a lot of Kirk/Spock fan fics and in like five billion of them she's portrayed as a villain. Do you think she was being evil or being a typical Vulcan ? Also what do you see T'Pring doing after Amok Time?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:03 pm
I've always thought of T'Pring as being coldly logical.... I mean... she didn't purposely try to mess up Spock's life, but she was still only looking out for herself, and she didn't care who else she hurt. If that isn't the mark of a bad person, I don't know what is. Even though Vulcans are generally logical, they can also be nice, kind, people in their own way. T'Pring is more than just logical, she's just manipulative to get her own way. (This isn't going by any fanfics, only the episode Amok Time and novels)  

TPila

Naphatarie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:22 pm
TPila
I've always thought of T'Pring as being coldly logical.... I mean... she didn't purposely try to mess up Spock's life, but she was still only looking out for herself, and she didn't care who else she hurt. If that isn't the mark of a bad person, I don't know what is. Even though Vulcans are generally logical, they can also be nice, kind, people in their own way. T'Pring is more than just logical, she's just manipulative to get her own way. (This isn't going by any fanfics, only the episode Amok Time and novels)
I see your point but we don't see her as a full character because we don't know her back story. we just know what 'she did to spock'  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:45 pm
Naphatarie
TPila
I see your point but we don't see her as a full character because we don't know her back story. we just know what 'she did to spock'

Yes... I'm sure she does have her reasons for being the way she is, and you're right, nobody knows her backstory. But in the novels I read, apparently she was always like that. Amanda saw it right away even when T'Pring was a little girl. She was always "coldly calculating". So, you're right, there's always the other side of the story-- T'Pring's point of view. But does it matter? She did what she did. Sometimes you can only judge people on their actions, and only be sympathetic to their reasoning. Maybe that sounds cold sweatdrop , but she practically tried to make Spock murder his best friend, and I can't help but think that that's kinda mean.  

TPila

Naphatarie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:18 am
TPila
Naphatarie
TPila

Yes... I'm sure she does have her reasons for being the way she is, and you're right, nobody knows her backstory. But in the novels I read, apparently she was always like that. Amanda saw it right away even when T'Pring was a little girl. She was always "coldly calculating". So, you're right, there's always the other side of the story-- T'Pring's point of view. But does it matter? She did what she did. Sometimes you can only judge people on their actions, and only be sympathetic to their reasoning. Maybe that sounds cold sweatdrop , but she practically tried to make Spock murder his best friend, and I can't help but think that that's kinda mean.

I guess but still. ( I don't count the novels.)  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:35 pm
Oh, I'm sorry... I didn't mean to bring in an unwelcome source. sweatdrop Novels are so hard to follow anyway, they're almost always full of contridictions. So that can be stricken from the record if you want.  

TPila

Naphatarie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:58 pm
TPila
Oh, I'm sorry... I didn't mean to bring in an unwelcome source. sweatdrop Novels are so hard to follow anyway, they're almost always full of contridictions. So that can be stricken from the record if you want.
not nessicary.  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff