Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Has anyone read Piers Anthony's Books? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Give It A +1 If You've Read Piers Anthony.
  +1
View Results

EclipseMoon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:48 pm
Hey, have any of you ever read Piers Anthony books? And how good a writer do you think he is? I was also wondering which book ny Piers Anthony(if you've read his book's) you like most. Mine is "A Spell for Chameleon".

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:53 pm
<.< If you turn this into a Piers Anthony thread, I won't have to lock it, but there's already a book recommendations thread. Somewhere.

I've read... I think Harpy Thyme was by Piers Anthony, but I don't remember. It was a pretty decent book, but not all that memorable. If it were more memorable, I would be able to remember more than the fact that it's about a half-harpy looking for a her true love (or something) and she runs into something to do with time. Then again, I got it from the library, and I rarely remember any of the books I read when they're from the library.  

NightIntent
Captain

EclipseMoon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:52 am
NightIntent
<.< If you turn this into a Piers Anthony thread, I won't have to lock it, but there's already a book recommendations thread. Somewhere.

I've read... I think Harpy Thyme was by Piers Anthony, but I don't remember. It was a pretty decent book, but not all that memorable. If it were more memorable, I would be able to remember more than the fact that it's about a half-harpy looking for a her true love (or something) and she runs into something to do with time. Then again, I got it from the library, and I rarely remember any of the books I read when they're from the library.

Well, if you go to Piers-anthony.com you can find out if he wrote it. And how exactly do I turn it into a thread? xd Well, I can't do anything right now because I got to go to school. crying

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:13 pm
NightIntent

Oh, yes, Harpy Thyme is one of Piers Anthonys books. It's located in the Xanth Series.

EclipseMoon

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:49 pm
Mmkay, to turn this into a specific thread/topic, edit the title, and take out the recommendations part. It's easy enough. If you want, I'll do it.

Ah, it's part of a series. Maybe that was why I didn't like it so much. Starting a series in the middle is never a good way to start it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:20 pm
NightIntent
Mmkay, to turn this into a specific thread/topic, edit the title, and take out the recommendations part. It's easy enough. If you want, I'll do it.

Ah, it's part of a series. Maybe that was why I didn't like it so much. Starting a series in the middle is never a good way to start it.

Yes, I believe that it was #19 of the Xanth series.

EclipseMoon

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:26 pm
Ah-ha. Very far in. How many books are there in the Xanth series, anyway?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:33 pm
NightIntent
Ah-ha. Very far in. How many books are there in the Xanth series, anyway?

There's 29 in the series. He has well over 100 books written I believe.If you're looking for a guide for Piers Anthony books just go to piers-anthony.com . Its a good site to go to for information on him and summaries of the books. biggrin

EclipseMoon

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:41 pm
Cool. Okay, I'll check it out. Eventually. <.<  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:43 pm
NightIntent
Cool. Okay, I'll check it out. Eventually. <.<

Hehe...You do that then. biggrin

EclipseMoon

Shakespeares Girl

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:02 pm
I love the Xanth books. Every time I go on a long trip I go to the used book store and look for more Xanth books. I also enjoyed reading Letters to Jenny.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:42 pm
I like the Xanth books, though I have yet to finish all of the books my mother has.  

Flitterbye

janegreenajah

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:38 am
lol I was just about to post a topic on this author to see if he was any good. I haven't read any of his books, but was wanting to try him out. So do you all recommend his books? 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:16 pm
Oh, yeah! He is the best author that I've read so far! And I've read a lot of Fantasy Books. I've seen an interesting looking one that my dad was reading, yet I haven't actually started reading it!

Anyway, yes, I HIGHLY reccommend Piers Anthony!

Happy Reading!

EclipseMoon

Iana_Rosterbom

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:15 am
oh! I love his books! I especially love the humor and puns! heehee 4laugh  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers