Reply Fantasy Books Guild
His Majesty's Dragon

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

doodlebuggey88

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:19 am

I have a new true love, His Majesty's Dragon. I'm in the middle of the book right now and I'm loving it. It does have dragonriders so it is tempting to think it's a cheap rip-off of Dragon riders of Pern, but this series can stand on it's own feet quite well. I'm a little under half-way through the first book I believe. I've also heard rumors that Peter Jackson might make a movie out of it. I really hope he does, *fingers crossed* Anyway, has anyone else read this wonderful series?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:58 pm

I have! I read the whole series!! They're really really good!

bluemouse2

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:17 pm

I read the first one a week or so ago, and got the second one recently. I'm about halfway through that one. I like the first one better, so far, but I'll see if I change my mind by the end of this one. If the second's as good as the first, then I'll get the third one.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:50 am

NightIntent
I read the first one a week or so ago, and got the second one recently. I'm about halfway through that one. I like the first one better, so far, but I'll see if I change my mind by the end of this one. If the second's as good as the first, then I'll get the third one.
I really liked the first one, but I'm completely stuck in the second one. I restarted it several times and got stuck in the same place. D:

Did you finish it, and did it get better?

Rabid Nozomi

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:35 pm

I finished it, it was okay, the entire resolution was a bit... iffy. And far-fetched. Yes, I know, fantasy and far-fetched are supposed to be similar or whatever, but the ending just didn't work out. All that time spent messing around with politics and s**t, and the result was fairly simple and obvious (once it was thought of, at least). I haven't gotten the third one, yet, and I don't really think I will. I'll have to see, but the second one wasn't worth the read as much as the first.
Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games