Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
My weight. HELP!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The White Elf

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:05 am
I took my bim and I got this
Quote:
Based on the height and weight entered, the BMI is 26.2, placing the BMI-for-age at the 94th percentile for girls aged 13 years 4 months. This teen is at risk of becoming overweight.

Contenueing my diet well make me over weight and if you've read my diary and seen my pictures you see that I have a pot belly. I'm looking at all the sites but I might need some help along the way... To lose 20 pounds!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:37 pm
The best advice I ever got was when a friend convinced me to go to Weight Watchers with her. You can read what I've said about it on page 12 of The Progress Thread, but the short answer is that I've lost 48.6 pounds since March while doing Weight Watchers. If you start today, you could possibly drop 20 pounds in time for swimsuit season.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Moonecho

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:52 pm
    Moon Says:

» » » Just be sure not to over-do it.
If you drop too much weight too quickly, you'll not only gain it all back and then some, but you'll also pose health risks that aren't at all good for your body.
Slow and steady is the way to go, you want to get it off and keep it off, and you can do it. <3
If you have any questions, or need anything at all, just let me know. (:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:47 pm
Sounds good. Thanks. Slow and steady. I cant join weight watchers. It cost money. My dads coming down so well be going on walks.  

The White Elf

Straight to Pluto

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:02 pm
Juuust.
Try to get rid of most of the junk food in the house, and replace it with Fruits 'n Veggies.
That's like, A key for sucess.
Don't totally get rid of EVERYTHING.
I mean, if you have nothing, either You'll get used to it, or You'll crack.

You'll probably crack before getting used to it. xP

ANYHOW. >_______>

Just eat healthier and exersize more?! xP  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:46 pm
i think persistence is key. you just have to keep at it. you are bound to screw up, lots. it happens when you are trying to change habits. but the key is getting back to it. my advice would not be to beat yourself up about the little stuff.. you are trying and thats the important thing....  

Aeren
Crew

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:31 am
One really good way to change your eating is just to follow the Good Health Guidelines as set out by Weight Watchers.

1. Drink at least 50 ounces of water a day. Could be any sugar-free, caffeine-free, low-calorie drink.

2. Get two servings of dairy each day. One cup of milk, soymilk (with calcium; without it, it doesn't count), or yogurt; one-half cup of low-fat or non-fat cottage cheese; one ounce of low-fat or non-fat cheese or soy cheese.

3. Get two servings of fruit each day. Real fruit, not fruit juice. Fruit juice is mostly sugar and water. Real fruit is satisfying because of the fiber and the ability to chew; we know we've eaten something if we've had to chew a bit before swallowing.

4. Get three or more servings of vegetables a day. This doesn't include the starchy vegetables such as potatoes, rice, beans, or peas. It also doesn't include nuts.

5. Don't eat more than four ounces of (lean) protein per meal. Your body can't digest that much protein at a time, so it'll convert the rest to fat, and it'll be twice as hard to lose it.

6. Do get some lean protein each day. Fish is great, as are turkey and chicken with the skin and fat cut off. Beef and lamb are terrific too, as long as they're extra-lean -- but don't eat as much of them as you would eat of fish, chicken, or turkey. They have half again as many calories and as much fat, even if you trim off the visible fat. Pork is generally unhealthy because of the fat content, but also because of the salt content. Pork tastes salty because pigs don't sweat, so all the impurities stays right in the meat. Think about it. Icky.

7. Choose whole, unprocessed grains over processed. Brown rice instead of white; whole wheat pasta or tortillas instead of white. The fiber is better for you, and those things also often have additional nutrients that are missing from white flour or white rice.

8. Get two teaspoons of Healthy Oils each day. The Healthy Oils are: olive, flaxseed, safflower, sunflower, and canola. Your body needs nutrients that can only be found in these five oils. There are other oils that are good for you, too, in small doses: avocado, garlic, walnut. The oils that are especially bad for you are coconut oil and oil from animal sources.

9. If you get off your bus one stop earlier and walk the rest of the way home, or park your car at the other end of the parking lot instead of looking for the spot closest to the entrance, you could shave off 20 to 30 extra pounds per year.

10. If all your friends, family members, or your doctor are saying "You look like you're getting too skinny," listen to them. They're not jealous, they're trying to save your life. Anorexia and bulimia can kill, especially when you're young. Talk to your doctor about what your minimum healthy weight should be, and pay just as much attention to that as to your maximum healthy weight. If you reach your minimum healthy weight and still feel flabby, DO NOT DIET anymore -- but feel free to work out in order to build muscle.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games