go, they aren't going to get mad
  don't go, they probably will get mad
  dont' go, you'll just be umcomfortable
View Results

Xia Momo Capernicus

Sparkly Pumpkin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:50 pm
kk, every year I go to this summer camp. It's really fun

-there are loads of activities to choose from- you get to pick three options, like power tubing, rock climbing or clay and plaster arts.
-awesome meals- always a huge selection, and it's a very efficent system.
-it's by a huge lake- you can go swimming in the fenced of area and options such as power tubing or kyaking are possible.
-there is lots of space to play wide games like capture the flag.
-the cabins are amazing for the girls; carpeted living room with couches and chairs, tiled bathroom, comfortable bunk beds. (its done by putting three cabins in one building, two one the bottom floor, with the living room inbetween and the two bathrooms beside them; the third cabin is on the top of all this.)
-two counselors to 8 campers; the counselors go through lots of special training and all that.
-it's only for a week so no homesickness, or need to bring everything you own.

So why do you ask, would I even need to think about going?

It's a bible camp. Twice a day, at morning and afternoon campfire, they sing songs and preach. It's not "shove it down your throat" preaching, and they state in the brochure and when you get there that you don't have to be christian to go... but still for some reason, since my parents found out I was an atheist, I have this feeling they will ask and find out i'm an atheist and then be like "wtf are you doing here then"

I really don't want to not go, i've been going since i was 8, but i don't want to be shunned either.

What should I do?  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:11 pm
Well, do you mind taking a couple hours of boredness?
Really, if I get bored I totally am annoyed. But if you've gone there before, you could handle it.
Really, go to it. If you get real friends they'll respect your religion as you respect theirs. Who knows, maybe there'll be another atheist or an agnostic to talk to.  

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

Cloud0.0Strife

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:45 pm
Do they actually make you listen to the religious bits? Clouldn't you just go somewhere else while they are preaching?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:45 pm
Yes they do, and I don't think they'll let you go somewhere else... yeah, I had a talk with my brother, and he said to go anyway, and I think I'll ask my BFF if she'll go with me, since she's agnostic.

Thanks for replying!!!!!  

Xia Momo Capernicus

Sparkly Pumpkin

Kharybuce

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:22 pm
I'd totally go! I'd keep my beliefs on the down low though. I have a couple of Christian and Morman friends, and I think they have some of the most sober fun in the sun. I love camps with water sports, volleyball, and good down home cooking. If you wanna look at it from a sneaky point of view, you're using them. For once the Atheist if profiting from the Theists. But I just like to go for the girls. There are a lot of hot theists at those things, and the want to feel the power of god, if you know what I mean. twisted  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:26 am
Maybe you should go, there's a chance that they wont kick you out or anything. And you said that you really like it.
User Image

[.Julie Booly.]

Heterosexual Fa gg ot
Captain

Advice Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out