Rocking Horse Shoes Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

face2face
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:43 pm
After seeing these in both the manga and live action, I had to have a pair of these shoes.

I ordered them from Hong Kong after Christmas. My boyfriend didn't buy me anything for Christmas (after he spoiled himself) so I decided to order them myself, haha.

User Image

I noticed something though: It's a pain in the butt to take a picture of your own foot!

I just had to share this!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:20 pm

Wow, I've never seen real RBH shoes. How much were they? I never realized that they didn't have a heel part... interesting.....

and YES! it is hard to take a pic of your own foot!! I've tried before, but to no success... sweatdrop

angelinbeans
Vice Captain

face2face
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:07 pm
They didn't cost more at all. I spent maybe $65 US. Not much at all. And they are super comfy. They are a lot easier to walk in than I thought they would be.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:49 pm
Wow, you got a real deal. Are they Vivienne Westwood ones? *Sigh* I want those ones sooo bad but they are a GRIP.... They're custom made for your feet and cost hundreds of dollars eek

I know of one site that sells 2 pairs for $100 and use ribbons instead to lace up.. I was considering going through them for those, and maybe the engineer boots xd  

tokyofro

face2face
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:39 am
Oh, if only I could afford the Vivienne! To be honest, I was under the impression that Vivienne isn't really widly available here in the states, that the only boutiques are all international. I'll have to double check.

I think I know what site you are talking about. Would it be http://www.d-decker02.com? Someone in another guild pointed me to that site when I was on the hunt for my shoes but I didn't want to order two pairs in fear that I wouldn't be able to walk very well in them.

Platform shoes + Vonnie = disaster  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:32 pm
face2face
Oh, if only I could afford the Vivienne! To be honest, I was under the impression that Vivienne isn't really widly available here in the states, that the only boutiques are all international. I'll have to double check.

I think I know what site you are talking about. Would it be http://www.d-decker02.com? Someone in another guild pointed me to that site when I was on the hunt for my shoes but I didn't want to order two pairs in fear that I wouldn't be able to walk very well in them.

Platform shoes + Vonnie = disaster

Oh I LOOOOVE Vivienne... As far as I know, it's not available in the states.

DoubleDecker, yes, that's the one! xd The only thing bad that I've heard about their rockinghorse shoes is that the ribbons make it hard to walk because there isn't as much support as there would be if they were leather.

I still kinda want them tho.... even though I'd look like a monster, towering over everyone eek  

tokyofro

Lyokia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:35 pm
oooo. I really like yours!!!! to be honest i think the real vivienne ones (like much of the knock offs) are wayyyyy narrow at the toe....so no matter how much i'd want to wear them its a no for me (i got wide feet =( .. no hope of even squeezing)

I think (although the pop look for them seems to be with skirts) that jeans look so cute with the rocking horse shoes...rolled up a bit or even draped down.

I heard they're....intersting to walk in. You like?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:22 am
I'm so glad I bought them. They are the first shoes I've bought for myself in ages and I have this distinct feeling I will wear them until they fall apart, haha!

@ Lyokia - I tried wearing them with a skirt, and they just didn't look right to me. I couldn't get the strings to do what I wanted to, haha! I have well developed calves from playing soccer and I don't want to tie the strings so tight I have no circulation just to keep them up and looking pretty. They drape around my ankles and it looks odd to me with a skirt.

@ tokyofro - I lucked out and got leather instead of ribbon. The idea of ribbon made me nervious, as I have cats!  

face2face
Crew

tokyofro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:59 am
Wow, leather?? Lucky you!! *jealous* O:

*wants a pair even more*  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:33 am
I have a pair of Vivienne Westwood rocking horses, I had to order them specially from the London store as they are custom made. I love them but they're very heavy to wear. The sole is wood.  

Quickening

face2face
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:29 pm
Quickening
I have a pair of Vivienne Westwood rocking horses, I had to order them specially from the London store as they are custom made. I love them but they're very heavy to wear. The sole is wood.

I wish I had the money to do that! How much did you pay for them?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:48 am
face2face
Quickening

Umm I think they were around 300GBP. About $590-600 or so.  

Quickening

face2face
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:16 am
Quickening
face2face
Quickening

Eh, that's not quite as bad as I thought it would be. After my little home business gets really going I'm going to have to get all of the info from you so I can order my own pair smile

I actually specifically got foam so I wouldn't fall and such. I am REALLY clumsy and I trip easily just wearing my trackies. Hell, I tripped last night wearing my rocking shoes trying to get out of a chair. I felt really stupid, but I wish someone had a video camera because it was flippin funny!  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:56 am
face2face
Quickening
face2face
Quickening

Eh, that's not quite as bad as I thought it would be. After my little home business gets really going I'm going to have to get all of the info from you so I can order my own pair smile

I actually specifically got foam so I wouldn't fall and such. I am REALLY clumsy and I trip easily just wearing my trackies. Hell, I tripped last night wearing my rocking shoes trying to get out of a chair. I felt really stupid, but I wish someone had a video camera because it was flippin funny!

It's a good idea to get the foam ones first to get used to wearing them and seeing what they are like etc.  

Quickening

face2face
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:10 pm
Quickening
face2face
Quickening
face2face
Quickening

It's a good idea to get the foam ones first to get used to wearing them and seeing what they are like etc.

I think after I've had these for a while I want to get a pair of wooden ones. I found a pair of boots on d-dekcer and I may get those. The only thing I don't like about that store is the fact that if you order internationally you have to order two pairs at a time. It only totals out to just over $100 USD but it's still a pain.  
Official NANA Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff