Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Umm... POLL!!!
  Yay!!! ^.^
View Results

DarkOne358

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:30 pm
Yeah, I'm Darkone358. I've posted a few drawings I've done up before, but I got like, zero feedback. I'm hoping that I can get some here. I'll be posting them up randomly, but I'll put up a few now. A few of them are on lined paper because it's kinda hard for me to grab printer paper and whatnot otherwise because school demands that I use printer paper for the printer.

Please:
~ Don't flame
~ Feel free to give advice
~ Make requests (these may take a while, but I'll do my best to get them done fairly quickly (and I'm currentally working on drawing avatars in my free time.))
~ Umm... FOUR!!!!!

User Image

This one I did after listening to Feel Good Inc. for about three hours and watching the music video like... 20 times, XD  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:38 pm
User Image

Ok, for this one, I know the porpotions (i can't spell sometimes, mostly when I'm tired, which I am) are a little, or alot off. I was mainly told that by a few girls who saw me drawing up the main body.

The quote reads: Torn between the two. The life I wish to live, and the death that I am destined for. I wish to atone for the sins I have made. I am destined to sin again. life and death emcompass me for eturnity (again, I can't spell). I can only cry with the tears I have givin myself. Bound by Satan. Rescued by God. Raised by demons. Taught by angels. Birthed and living with humans. I search for a purpose.  

DarkOne358

original karbear

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:33 pm

Well Osh, as you've probably known for quite a while I love your drawings, every last one of them. I've liked your Feel Good Inc. drawing ever since I first saw it, but I can't express enough how much I love the second drawing. She seems to have so much life in her, which most artists have a difficult time putting into the drawing. You've given her personality with just a pencil and it's amazing. [By the way, E-T-E-R-N-I-T-Y] The quote that goes with it makes a person look at life in a completely different way and, like the drawing, it's wonderful. If you wish for more of my thoughts, perhaps in more detail about what in particular I like, you have many ways of getting a hold of me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:49 am
-An an artist-... -Not a great one either- XD
The first drawing is done very well but I would recommend a ruler... rulers come in handy for many things x.x Thats all I can get that needs improvement. The pencil lines are ok, you didnt draw to dark and has no extra lines showing from erase marks. Its pretty good.

The second one. -Loves drawing anime peps-
I'd say the arms need to be shaped, from my point of view arms/hands very hard to shape but right here they kinds look like noodles. -I used to draw this way too- and something I learned from art is like for example, the shirt... it kinda goes straight on the bottom and the sleeves arent very curved either. Curves are a pain but their there. But other than that... I <3 the bangs! They look so cool. XD I cant get bangs to do that on my drawings x.x The lips are also very well done. -cant draw lips- and once again a ruler would be useful.

Thats about it... the rest looks pretty fine to me.

Kohana Ichibana

9,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Love Machine 150

DarkOne358

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:56 am
Kohana Ichibana
-An an artist-... -Not a great one either- XD
The first drawing is done very well but I would recommend a ruler... rulers come in handy for many things x.x Thats all I can get that needs improvement. The pencil lines are ok, you didnt draw to dark and has no extra lines showing from erase marks. Its pretty good.

The second one. -Loves drawing anime peps-
I'd say the arms need to be shaped, from my point of view arms/hands very hard to shape but right here they kinds look like noodles. -I used to draw this way too- and something I learned from art is like for example, the shirt... it kinda goes straight on the bottom and the sleeves arent very curved either. Curves are a pain but their there. But other than that... I <3 the bangs! They look so cool. XD I cant get bangs to do that on my drawings x.x The lips are also very well done. -cant draw lips- and once again a ruler would be useful.

Thats about it... the rest looks pretty fine to me.

Kewl. Yeah, I've always had trouble drawing arms... and hands... and feet... and legs for that matter, XD But I'm working on doing those in my free time, but seeing as I got snowed in today, I guess I can work ona new drawing. But for now, I have another one.

This one I did of my buddy True Mobius and I while we were at something for school.

User Image

A few things I know are wrong right off the bat: The eyes, the arms, and the lack of detail. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:52 am
I agree with KI that a ruler can always be an artist's best friend. However, I like that the lines aren't totally straight on the first one. I think it adds to the message~

For the second one, the quote is beautifully written. I like how you surrounded the figure with those words.
I suggest taking time to see where elbows bend and the length that arms fall to. I started out my drawings just like yours and slowly, with practice, you'll become more confident with your ability to draw arms and hands. Arms, hands, feet... they truly are tough to get a hang of, but practice sure helps. Artists who've stuck hands behind backs or in pockets to hide them can pretty much pick out those poses. ^^;;
I think the eyes you draw fit the third picture more than the second. I'd like the second one more if the eyes weren't so.. harsh.
Nice shading on the second piece. You can really get a feel for the different textures of the clothing and such.

Keep going. You've posted some good work. ^___^

sdrawkcab

Vice Captain

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Kohana Ichibana

9,350 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:16 pm
Simple things are my specialty XD I dont like drawing things too complex or putting too much detail.

Just keep in mind that to drawing all your really doing is connecting circles and squares and then putting detail over it. I find staring at myself or at pictures of people posing very useful. I just today got a gift of a "How to draw" book... and wow... talk about detail >< and its regular art no.. anime u.u;;; but it comes in handy. Drawing from looking at real things is a good way to go as well. -has a habbit of drawing by useing self as model-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:43 pm
Holy crap, I totally forgot that I had this picture of my favorite movie ever.

Actually, it's rather big. It stretched the page when my screen res is at
1152x864 eek

Instead, here's then link to my photobucket, XD

In all truth, I think this is one of my best drawings ever. The only thing wrong with it would be that it's on lined paper, >.<

But other then that, nothing is wrong with it. ^.^ (from my point of view anyway, XD)  

DarkOne358

DarkOne358

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:05 pm
Seeing as this is titled Darkz Artz and in the Art subforum, and poetry is a form of art, I thought I'd put one of my favorites a friend and myself put together. Oh, and if this is breaking any rules, I must have missed it, sorry, XD

This one was done by my friend and I for our group poem for the Poetry Slam at our High School last year. What we did was both write seperate pieces and then put them together and add in little bits in the beginning, middle and end. She read the Red text, I read the Blue text, and for the black text, we said it at the same time. If you like it, the Emo's In Heat can get more done. (Emo's In Heat was our group name, just so you know)

“From Start to Finish” Emo’s In Heat

Me
Her
Both

We interrupt this program for an important news broadcast...

Starting
The earth begins to grow
And Death takes what it pleases.

Scene.

The suns so bright
The Earth Goddess
It blinds my eyes
Gaia
Sending me to
The Lord of Death
A perpetual state of
Hades
Darkness
The sun.
The mortal men of the earth
Fires blaze bright
They know not of the power
The heat warms my skin
When life and death come together.
Bring me back to life.

And now for the past.
And now for the future.

Angels and Demons
Rain beats against
War for a millennia
My face
Life and Death continue to clash
Mixing in with the tears
Claws, horns, blades, and wings
Of a thousand wrongs

Only two left
A thousand sins
Peace

A thousand ways to say
Peace for a millennia
I love you

Life
Love
Everafter

Splash of rain
In one anothers arms
Erase the lies tonight.
Life and Death born again.

Again
As the rain drops
And the fires say hello.

Scene.

This has been a test of the emergency broadcast system.
And now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Art Oasis

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games