26%
 26%  [ 8 ]
Matter 'o' Factly.
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
xD
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
*Whispers.* Don't leave Crinkly alone in the guild, she thinks of things for us to do!
26%
 26%  [ 8 ]
Teeheehee.
13%
 13%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 30

CrinkledStraw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:44 am
Alright guys, I fiqured we all wonder 'what now?' from time to time, so I'm going to try and stop that question from coming up in your MPH lives.
I'm so nice!
xd

Contests-Since the MASSIVE bump contest is over we can now focus on other contests!

-Guild Front Picture Contest (Voting Now!)
-Avatar Contest/Series of Avatar Contests (Voting Now!)

-MPH Team contest (Sign-up now!)
-Possible Draw A-MPH-Mod/Draw Ephron Contest
-Signature Button/Banner Contest

Things We Need to Decide on Together
-What do we want to use all of our subforums for?! (Teams Contest &?)
-White or Wheat bread?

Guild-Wide To Do List
-Sign-up for the MPH team contest (Teams Forming!)
-Read the new House Manual!
-Befriend the guild mule, M P H
-Badger your friends to join.
-Keep offering your suggestions and ideas.
-Have fun, you silly geese!

Crinkly's Work/Crew To Do List
-Make sure all the current signature buttons actually link back to the guild!
-Promote more crew (Postponed).
-Make your team subforums (Purple team ready!)
-Log onto the mule account to check for friend's requests/donations.
-Check the Crew subforum for guild mule information.
-Write something about yourself in the House Manual!

heart

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:14 am
Can I just make a comment...ok, I am going to do it anyway stare

With the "Bump" contest, anyone could do it, not just someone with drawing skills, or computer skills.

With the list you have now...

-Guild Front Picture Contest (Will be starting this week!)

They require that only those with the above skills can participate, cause I know I will not be putting anything in as I stink at that! You would be wondering who let a 2 year old on a computer! blaugh

How about a few options for those with little talent or no talent? That is why the bump contest would have worked if I had the time.

Also, as far as the idea with an avi contest, yes, I read the post, it is tough when some avi's are just starting and some have items that go back almost as far as Gaia, so maybe if you do something like that, make it in stages with an outfit that can cost no more than "x" amount or something, or make them in stages. I don't know. sweatdrop

Just a few thoughts...Keep up that great work! 3nodding  

sunshineweaver

CrinkledStraw

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:31 pm
I always love comments, really.
heart 3nodding

I understand completely about the lack of any sort of artistic talent.
High five, I'm in the same boat.
xd

I completely forgot about my avatar contest/contests idea, granted I think I posted this announcement aroun 3:30am but still!
Thanks for reminding me, Sunshine.
3nodding

Maybe we could do something by either join date or post count.
Like, members who have been on Gaia for less than six monthes/one year and then a seperate competition for members who have been on for a year or more.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:16 pm
sunshineweaver

With the "Bump" contest, anyone could do it, not just someone with drawing skills, or computer skills.

They require that only those with the above skills can participate, cause I know I will not be putting anything in as I stink at that! You would be wondering who let a 2 year old on a computer! blaugh

How about a few options for those with little talent or no talent? That is why the bump contest would have worked if I had the time.

Also, as far as the idea with an avi contest, yes, I read the post, it is tough when some avi's are just starting and some have items that go back almost as far as Gaia, so maybe if you do something like that, make it in stages with an outfit that can cost no more than "x" amount or something, or make them in stages. I don't know. sweatdrop

you can create great outfits with items that aren't expensive/ you just have ot be creative  

hyper_azn_girl

piccolio

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:22 pm
We could just do Tektek contests, I mean, it doesn't cost anyone, and as long as the avatar is actually possible then I'm sure it'll make a good contest.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:10 pm
White bread, preferrably. 3nodding

One of the subforums could be used for the contests you plan on holding! Then you could lock em and leave em there for people to look back on later in life. cool Another could be an art corner, and a game center, and all that snazz. Like we used to have, although cleaner. domokun

Then again, anything Flimflam says is null and void because I'm only 9 years old ;D User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

eternalfaith

sunshineweaver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:27 am
hyper_azn_girl
sunshineweaver

you can create great outfits with items that aren't expensive/ you just have ot be creative

Creative...can I pay someone gold to be creative for me?? lol I lack that as well as most art skills blaugh Sorry, I am just really lousy at this. Give me a pair of jean shorts and a tank top and I am happy, oh and jeans in case it gets cold. That was my first avi even when I first got here and before i got hooked! Thought I would be happy with just that.
I like the tektek idea! Set as body type and even a budget, and see if we can all live stylishly on a budget wink

*edit* wheat for me please...see, I even am difficult there stare but it is better for my heart they say.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:19 pm
Oh my...  

Grand Marshal Pwnerer

hyper_azn_girl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:58 pm
sunshineweaver
hyper_azn_girl
sunshineweaver

Creative...can I pay someone gold to be creative for me?? lol I lack that as well as most art skills blaugh Sorry, I am just really lousy at this. Give me a pair of jean shorts and a tank top and I am happy, oh and jeans in case it gets cold. That was my first avi even when I first got here and before i got hooked! Thought I would be happy with just that.
I like the tektek idea! Set as body type and even a budget, and see if we can all live stylishly on a budget wink

*edit* wheat for me please...see, I even am difficult there stare but it is better for my heart they say.
I like that idea!! it would be fair for everyone! plus its a chance for people to be VERY creative  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:59 pm
So what do you guys think is a reasonable TekTek budget?

Keep in mind that a lot of items have gone through outrageous inflation not only over the past year, but also over this last week because of the double gold system.

CrinkledStraw

piccolio

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:24 pm
Maybe a million gold and under or something? Because you know, it adds up, so it'll be tough to try to fit it under 200k, well at least for me.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:25 pm
I think that would work.
We'll wait for a couple of other opinions though.

3nodding

CrinkledStraw

hyper_azn_girl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:17 pm
i say 50,000 gold max....
encourage creativity. 50,000 gold is pretty much a few store items and a donation item.

personally, i don't like avatars that are loaded with donation items (like people who wear halos with angelish sash, nitemare scarf, OMG, seal slippers, laurels, winged anklets, etc...) challenge our creativity!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:00 pm
I don't like donation item monthly collectable packed avatars either. Its no fun to just slap on a bunch of shiny crap and go.

How about 100,000?
You'll still only be able to use '06 and '07 items with that budget, as far I as can remember the prices right now.

OR.
We could have the dream avatar contest where you can use anything you want (except the Halo and maybe a couple of other '03's) and then we can have a commoner's avatar contest with gold limit of 25,000-50,000.
I do want to see the things you guys come up with for the really cheap contest.
whee

CrinkledStraw

eternalfaith

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:48 pm
But that wouldn't be fair because if they used a Kiki, it'd be over 100k instantly. gonk Try a roof of 200k. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
The Recycle Bin

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff