I started replaying DQ8 a few days ago, and I felt the need to discuss the wonderful, lovely gay of this game. But first, some info, as this series doesn't get enough love from the western audience....and I think most of you are westerners. I think. Anyway.

The story begins with a mysterious jester who steals a magic scepter and unleashes a curse upon the Kingdom of Trodain. You play the role of a silent, nameless hero. You were a guard in the castle where the scepter was held, and while everyone around you was turned into thorns, your king into a monster and the princess into a horse, you are strangely untouched by the curse. Along with said king and princess you set out on a journey to break the curse. You are joined in your quest by a reformed bandit, a young magician hellbent on revenge and a Templar knight who would rather spend his time drinking, gambling and whoring around than working for the church he 'serves.'

There isn't a lot of BL ships to pick from (I'd rather not ship the hero, since he doesn't actually have a defined personality...) but the favorite of the fan community after HeroxAngelo, MarcelloxAngelo, IS REALLY GOOD. It's got my incest kink, knight kink, feuding siblings kink and corruption-in-religious-organization kink ALL IN ONE FELL SWOOP. I could just faint from joy. heart Anyways. I couldn't find any screen shots, but I did find some a truckload of clips of YouTube of Marcello and Angelo....being Marcello and Angelo. Just how we love them. Watch at your own risk, there are spoilers here. Sorry about the bad quality, it was the best I could find.

Meeting Marcello - *snicker* 'I apologize for the heavy handedness of my men.' *giggle* 'I might not be able to stop them next time.' Bahahaha.....
Meeting Angelo part 1
Meeting Angelo part 2
Meeting Angelo part 3
Abbot Franicisco
In Marcello's Custody
In Marcello's Custody part 2
Escape from Maella
Dhoulmagus and the Abbot
Angelo joins the party
Angelo and Marcello's Backstory - *sob* They could have been so happy...
Marcello and High Priest Rolo
The Lord High Priest - Being a crafty b*****d seems to run in the family...
Marcello gains the Scepter - 'I'm notoriously bad at taking orders.' Seme, much? ^_^
Marcello's Appointment to Lord High Priest - Damn, I love this part. whee Marcello's so into it, knocking over candles and blowing up stuff...
Confrontation on Neos BEST SCENE IN THE WHOLE FRICKIN GAME. heart heart heart I cried.

Phew, I think that's just about every scene with Marcello and Angelo in the game....Enough of that. Anyone else played the game? Like MarcelloxAngelo, I hope? And if not, like what you saw from the clips anyway? wink