Edward Gorey

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bluerain202

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:38 pm
One of my favorite graphic artists and black comedy writers.
His art often delves into the morbid, strange,and artistic (referencing ballets and operas).
Does anyone else love his work?
Cover for the first Edward Gorey book I purchased about 4 years ago:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 6:30 am
i <3 gorey. i used to read you read to me i'll read to you, with his illustrations all the time. i forgot what his abc book was called though.  

Maggoty Anne

bluerain202

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:25 pm
The ghastlycrumb tinies I think o_O.
But also there was Amphigorey as one of his volumes.
The bit about the gruesome couple was nice X).  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:21 pm
I find his art interesting. I'm not sure about his writing though. I'd have to read it more to find out.  

Angel Bruja

Shadow Nightshade

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:36 pm
that guy is great..you should look up tara mcPhearson..shes has similiar work..  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 11:59 am
I LOVE EDWARD GOREY
i have read almost everything hes ever written. i read all the books i can find about him. he has been one of my largest inspirations.  

queenalexis999

Chansung

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 7:18 pm
JOY heart I used to have a calander of his pictures, one per day  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:03 am
I saw a couple of panels from Dancing Cats and Neglected Murderesses and fell in love with it at once - my aunt got me the book for last Christmas yay! Unfortunately I can't find any of his work here in India so I'm looking around for it on the Internet

Oreo the Sphinx

Sautana

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:23 am
I like The ghastlycrumb tinies I dont have a copy of it though I just find some on the net... I know how you feel Oreo the Sphinx... its really hard to find anything goth here in the Philippines *sigh*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:10 pm
Is he the one who wrote 'The Twelve Terrors of Christmas? That was hilarious.  

Madness Satire

smashingpandora

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:33 pm
I am an avid fan of Gorey, and have been for many many years. I've been collecting his books since early high school, and adore him and his work very much.

I love his style. His hatching and cross-hatching is absolutely marvelous. He really perfected the art of shadowing in the style he drew in.

I'm so disappointed that he passed before I would have ever had an opportunity to meet the man. There are so many things I would have liked to have asked him.

He's definitely a definitive artist in my world, and a very strong influence in my own personal art.

I'm really glad to see that someone started a thread about Gorey. smile I have even considered a Gorey-themed tattoo.

Are you familiar with the Nine Inch Nails video that's done in a very Gorey-esque fashion? I believe that it's "The Perfect Drug"... though my brain's a bit hazy right now, and I'm wondering if it's affecting my memory of the video... so if I'm mistaken, sorry Trent ^.^ I still love ya dude. biggrin

A N Y W A Y

Yeah.

I love Gorey.

Woo Gorey...

G-O-R-(e)-Y... you ain't got no alibi... yeah yeah biscuits of doOm! Bwahahaha.

Sorry guys. Excuse me. It's been quite the long night biggrin

I'll STFU now <3

/pam

cheese_whine blaugh sweatdrop mrgreen rofl

I'm not trying to be obnoxious... but all of the above emoticons really express about where I am in the world today. Ha! Now, I'm done.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:23 am
Hmm, I suppose I should check him out. smile  

ringwraith10

Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas