Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Vault - Archive of Memories (Open to all!)
Popular Insomniac 2007 for the Adults 18 and Older! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~ Anime Betty ~
Captain

Dapper Vampire

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:28 am

User Image
(Click on the current month's cover to be directed to the magazine!)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image

Special Notice:
The November Issue will only be available until December 10th. So get your copy before it's gone forever!!

I decided to put out a Cute Magazine in the Club monthly showing off some great looking Avi's from well known and highly favored Patrons. Each month I will make a listing here in this thread asking you which Patrons should be our Pin Up Models for that month's Cover (3 to maybe 4 individuals per cover). You can also suggest who should be on the cover. A copy of that issue will be place in the Club in the Chatterbox for one month for all to admire and see.
I originally wanted some kind of calender system featuring the Hottest Guys in the Club who have the best Fashion sense. The Calender was also aimed for the girls of the Club. I remember when I was talking to zzaped about this subject back in 2004. But I think this idea is best because we can also place up the Hottest Girls of the Club for our male admirers. ^__^ It could be fun!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magazine Staff

Owner Editor and Creator : ~ Anime Betty ~
Fashion Consultant and Columnist : Azami_Kuroi

Seeking

Journalists
Interviewers
Fashion Consultants
Image Designers

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upcoming Issue!

User Image

Who do you think should be on next month's cover?
Send me a PM telling me who you believe should be on the cover of next month's issue? Title the PM: P.I. Choice

How will those who are chosen be notified?
Those who are chosen for the covers will be sent a Private Message telling them about the nomination and will be asked to dress in their best outfit for the New Layout.

Will Popular Insomniac Issues include articles and interviews?
Yes! As for other items of interest, at the moment it's being thought out at great lengths.

If I'm placed in the Magazine can I have any Avi Art placed in my Interview Pages, in the layout?
If the Avi Art was created by someone else other then yourself (even if the Avi featured is your Avi) we will have to obtain permission by that Artist first before using it in your Layout.

Will Popular Insomniac Issues have a place for patrons to show off their "fan art" ?
Thats a nice idea, but the magazine pages are so small. I would be afraid to shrink down or chop up someone's art and mess up the image's quality in the process.

Possible choices for future issues: Andee Rae, Crystalblue Angeleyes, Guardian of Fire 666, heres_your_sign, Lady Erika, Mistress of the Dark, xX~Nightmare~Xx, Princess Platypus, Yusuriha, zfyreangel (now Kiskil-lilla)

Acemarch, batousai, Komido, linkcm, LSU_tiger83, MakubexX. marquess klink, Nale, Oniknowsyou!, OpiuuK, Smokey5000, Squall Leonhart, TigerHistalmos, vegetunks, Nale.

I decided to try and go all out in turning this into an actual Mini Magazine that you will be able to Print, Snip, Staple and Put together for FREE! Here is a sample of a Interview I conducted with Badass Angel to see if a Q&A could be readable in such a small Magazine. Each month I'm hoping to be able to put together Interviews like this for all who are placed on the Cover. Maybe even Advertisements for various threads, mini shop businesses and guilds. ^__^ If you would like to help me come up with Articles, Stories and Illustrations that would be fit to show off let me know? The possibilities are endless..

Sample Article
User Image

(This is the actual size of the Magazine's pages.)

Instructions for the Mini Magazine

Items you will need:
Color Printer
Pair of good Scissors or a Paper Cutter
Large Stapler

1. Print out each page of the Magazine.
2. Use a pair of Scissors to cut carefully around the dotted lines of the pages. Do not cut the straight middle lines.
3. Fold the Front Cover, Back Cover, and Table of Content page backwards on the center line.

User Image

4. Fold the remaining pages inward on their center line.

User Image

5. Now begin inserting the Table of Content then the other pages into the Front and Back Cover.

User Image

6. Once all of the pages are inserted neatly, open the magazine and lay it down with the covers facing upward. Use your Stapler and punch two staples along the middle line fold. The staples should come out between "center fold" pages.

Wonderful now you have your very own Premier Issue of Popular Insomniac! ^.^

Here's a neat idea you could also try: If you attend any of the Anime Convention that Gaia will hold meetings at, bring a copy of a Popular Insomniac Issue? When you meet someone else from 'Adults 18 and Older' at the conventions, have them sign your Magazine on the blank backsides of the pages!?
(Avoid using markers or inks that will soak through the pages!)

And if you see someone at a convention walking around with a copy of Popular Insomniac say; "HI!" 4laugh

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:01 am
This sounds like a jolly good piece of fun.

I like the idea and will be a supportor of this idea.

Oniknowsyou!

IRL Sex Symbol

7,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

saiga-kun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:45 am
Sounds very cool! -sides with oni- I support this idea.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:52 am
great Idea Betty  

Nale
Crew

~ Anime Betty ~
Captain

Dapper Vampire

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:04 pm
Maybe I should hire Reporters for the Magazine? I could attach articles and interviews with those Nominated to the Cover. ^.^ A mini Magazine.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:20 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
Sugar

oh wow... i think its awesome betty... if you need any help with anything ask ^^

-v-Lust-v-

Leon_The_Legendary

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:41 pm
This is a pretty good idea. I hope it gets off the ground without any problems.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:20 am
go for it sounds pretty sweet  

I R Attention Whore

~ Anime Betty ~
Captain

Dapper Vampire

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:27 am
Premier Issue

Is no longer available...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:18 am
Sugar

Ooooo.. its looking real good betty!

-v-Lust-v-

~ Anime Betty ~
Captain

Dapper Vampire

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:04 am
Thanks sweetie! I hope it looks good? I need more Advertisement Art and maybe a Classifies Section. But a Classified section would be very troublesome maintaining in every issue. I'm lucky if I can come up with some great Centerfold Images. ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:57 am
It looks great!  

The Badass Angel

Dapper Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200

~ Anime Betty ~
Captain

Dapper Vampire

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:23 pm
Well finally I was able to complete the Premier Issue. It was being held up because of the missing "f u s e Interview". I originally only had room for two more pages to be added but fuse's Questions and Answers were extensive. I had to add two extra pages increasing the page count. Plus I had to do a lot of re-numbering of the pages. It is finally finished! 3nodding

Now all I have to worry about is next month's Edition! 4laugh And I have already found my targets! whee Muhahaha!!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:23 pm
eek "Wow this looks awesome Betty! And thanks for putting me on the consideration list, I'm in complete shock actually.." sweatdrop heart  

Nightmare Kitsu

Fuzzy Shapeshifter

haana

6,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:28 pm
I love the first page, and how you have the men's fine clothing. Its really cool it looks like a real magazine.  
The Vault - Archive of Memories (Open to all!)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games