Will you see it?
  Yes! It pwns!
  No, I won't support such garbage!
  I didn't even know about it.
  GOLD!
View Results

Erica Leonhart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:23 am
I saw a small preview of it awhile back, I thought they were actually remaking 'The 300 Spartans" so I was kinda excited since My dad and I love such movies, and The 300 Spartans is a true story.

My dad and I watched the new trailer for it, at first it looked awesome, then it changed and showed demonic beings, sexual scenes and homosexuality, which totally ticked us off. We love action movies based on the middle ages and stuff. There's just something awesome about swords, arrows and flaming balls launched from catapults. xd

Anyway, I guess I'm ticked because a good TRUE story has been perverted with such filth. They could have remade The 300 Spartans with awesome graphics, instead they destroy the story. At least they kept the fact that it was 300 against a massive army, although it was not a million. And in the end they all died, but they kept them distracted long enough for their allies to retreat and come back to destroy them.

Here's the trailer if you even want to look at it, or have no clue what I am talking about. (I am CeruleanWolf on there, and yeah I already had my rant there lol).

I don't even want to show my boyfriend the preview. He's not where he needs to be with God anymore (PLEASE be in prayer for him), but I believe God is talking to him, and I don't think putting more wordly things in his face will help his spiritual life much at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:07 am
I haven't heard of this movie until now. When is it set to come to the theatres?  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Erica Leonhart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:37 am
Fushigi na Butterfly
I haven't heard of this movie until now. When is it set to come to the theatres?

Release Date: March 9th, 2007 (wide)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:33 pm
Wow, that does look bad... eek Really cheesy...

Just a correction: Homosexuality wasn't a taboo at all in ancient Greece. Neither was it in Rome.  

Lethkhar

Erica Leonhart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:45 pm
Lethkhar

Just a correction: Homosexuality wasn't a taboo at all in ancient Greece. Neither was it in Rome.

Oh, I know. I just feel they could have done without. It wasn't in The 300 Spartans and people still love and watch that movie.

I'm more interested in the battle anyway, that's what really matters IMO.

I'm tempted to see it for the action but I really don't want to support films like this.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:16 pm
Erica Leonhart
Lethkhar

Oh, I know. I just feel they could have done without. It wasn't in The 300 Spartans and people still love and watch that movie.

I'm tempted to see it for the action but I really don't want to support films like this.

Not even the action looks all that great...

I thought you were complaining about the historical accuracy...  

Lethkhar

Erica Leonhart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:29 pm
Lethkhar
Erica Leonhart
Lethkhar

Not even the action looks all that great...

I thought you were complaining about the historical accuracy...

I am. The battle isn't even historically correct since they drastically over exaggerated the number of persians. And of course the addition of orcs and goblins etc.. I know it was added because their mythology but they didn't have to mix it with a true story.

And I am about action as well, and thats the only thing thats really tempting me to see it, but like you said, it doesn't really look that great either.

I probably wouldn't mind missing this movie one bit, since the movie I've really been waiting for is the Transformers movie. But even that one has been messed up a bit stare . It doesn't concern me as much since it was pure fantasy to begin with.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 5:45 pm
From what you say, it sounds as if they are takimng a good, epic mopment in history and just turning it into another fantasy flick. That's a little disappointing. But it is perfectly true that homosexuality was practiced by the Spartans, who were renouned for their beautiful women, and yet treated them as vessels for reproduction only. The Spartans preferred their male-to-male unions on the battlefields since that was where they spent 90% of their time. This attitude was so prevelant that young brides were actually expected to dress as boys for their weddings and marriage consumations. Now, that's pretty heavy stuff, but that is the way they lived. If this is what its portrayed, it is indeed historically accurate.  

Wind-Whisper

Henge Keeper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:23 pm
I'm not sure if everyone is aware of this or not, but the movie 300 is not based on the 300 spartans, it's based on the old comic book 300. so all of the demons, and graphic pars are true to the comic.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:23 pm
probably not!  

SammiejoPeepEnstine

Gracious Entrepreneur

4,000 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Deo_Machina

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:13 am
Come on, you have to see it just so you can hear the epic line:

"THIS. IS. SPARTAAAAAAAAA!"

rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:56 pm
OMG, my friend was joking about that tonight with me. xd  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

ryokomayuka

Familiar Member

10,400 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:33 am
Isn't the movie based off the graghic novel?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:45 am
ryokomayuka
Isn't the movie based off the graghic novel?

I think so..  

Deo_Machina

Media Discussion {Everything on TV is true}

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas