Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
I just joined. :D Tips on how to lose 15 pounds?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hello
  HI
View Results

angel_devil121

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:10 pm
I will say a little about myself:
My name is Angel. I do not want to post anything much about myself, you may think of it as laziness, but I think of it as PERSONAL info. I will tell you that I want to lose 15 pounds before summer. (I have a ways) I am a little... over weight. 15 will keep me ok. I hate how people make fun of me in real life. <.< I get called fat my "friends" and family.

Any tips on how to lose 15 pounds? (maybe a little more or less just about)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:37 am
Eat well, excercise regularly.
That's prettymuch it.
There's no shortcutting to weightloss, it's about changing to a healthier lifestyle.  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:49 pm
I agree with groovy. If you try to lose the weight fast or do some shortcut crash diet it is likely the weight will come back.. its a lifestyle change...

i'd suggest for a start, tracking what you eat at sparkpeople.com so that you have a good idea of how much you are eating and what nutrients you are getting out of that  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:38 am
Aeren
I agree with groovy. If you try to lose the weight fast or do some shortcut crash diet it is likely the weight will come back.. its a lifestyle change...

i'd suggest for a start, tracking what you eat at sparkpeople.com so that you have a good idea of how much you are eating and what nutrients you are getting out of that
Yeah,Sparkpeople is great! Thats what I use and I've lost 75 pounds since last june....well I was losing at a good rate before I found sparkpeople.com but it has definitely helped keep me on the right track.  

Faux-Lanzer

angel_devil121

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:35 pm
ok thanks biggrin

I was just hoping for an easier way than I was doing, for my way... Baically wasnt doing anything. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:38 pm
I can honestly say that joining Weight Watchers was the best decision I've made in years. I was thinking I'd lose 20 pounds in 6 months. As it happened, I lost 20 pounds in 8 weeks. The skirts I'd bought and hoped to wear by the end of summer were fitting by the beginning of summer. Since then I've dropped another 25 pounds (yes, including even the holiday season).

It's worth EVERY dime, and then some.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:20 am
Yes, I've heard fabulous things about weight watchers. I am planning to join this summer with my fiance.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:24 am
I eat my normal breakfast, oatmeal or cream of wheat, and normal dinner, steamed veggies with nothing on it and some main dish like Mannacotties or however you spell it... I just changed my lunch to a salad or a good sandwich.

not saying this is for everyone, saying it worked for me so... if you like the sound of it then try it.  

Cult movies ftw

Anxious Flip-Flopper

spiitze

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:19 pm
try drinking a lot of water, not excessive amount, just the recomended amount (8-10 8oz glasses/day) I know that I feel a lot fuller when i drink enough water... but maybe thats me I don't know.... sweatdrop  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games