Sewing

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

face2face
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:20 am
Now that I have finished my Ren scarf, I'm going to experiment with making other clothes from both the manga and the anime.
I was thinking about making Hachi's dressing gown first but I'm not so sure. Anyone have any ideas of what outfits I should make?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:43 am
Oh wow... so talented. crying  

Preview_Button

face2face
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:14 pm
Not talent, just learning through trial and error. LOTS of trial and error, haha!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:51 pm

Trial and error, that's how true masters are made. xd

What kind of outfits are you looking to make?

angelinbeans
Vice Captain

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:21 pm

I was going to make a Ren scarf....I ended up just buying a plain scarf and modifying it though. >_<; I did things the lazy way. sweatdrop

.: Building The New Era | Shinra Forever :. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:23 am
Rini Ikataru

I was going to make a Ren scarf....I ended up just buying a plain scarf and modifying it though. >_<; I did things the lazy way. sweatdrop

Don't feel bad, that is how the movie creators did it too! I was surfing the web for pictures to see if mine was even close to the mark and that's when I noticed that the letters and hearts were sewn onto a normal store bought scarf.

schzoid_baka, I plan to make a little bit of everything! My first project will be Hachi's dressing gown or night gown. Hopefully. It looks quite simple, and I haven't sewn anything since October so it should be a fine way to get back into my sewing shoes. But I did find this AWESOME site with dresses that I want to work on once I get started again: http://littlegirl.fc2web.com/dolls/kako-warori.htm . Wa lolita dresses, very nifty, looks like they would be difficult to make. The material that makes the skirt flare...chiffon? It looks like it would be difficult to sew and work with.

Other than that, if anyone has any ideas from the manga (since there are some really cool things) just throw them at me and I'll see what I can do.  

face2face
Crew

H0WL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:25 pm
I got a sewing machine for christmas this year. I'm not much into sewing, to be honest I don't even think I ever touched a sewing machine before haha xD But anyways, that's really cool that you can actually sew things like Ren's Scarf and stuff! o-o Cosplaying is probably easy for you, huh? Lucky cool! =) My friend is really talented at sewing, she makes her own plushies and they actually come out really really good! x-X

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:54 pm
I've only cosplayed once at JACON 04 and my no one could figure out what I was cosplaying. I was Tohru Honda's mother from Fruits Basket, back in her girl gang days. Even had the leather coat with the butterfly on the back and the face mask. No one could figure it out so I only wore the costume once. It's been in the back of my closet ever since!
I would love to be able to make plushies and such. I want to make one massive pillow, bigger than the body pillows, but I want to fill it with down instead of cotton or acrylic stuffing.  

face2face
Crew

MissWorld -Kill Me Pills-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:46 pm
I've been sewing since age 5.
I love the finished product, but the process is the problem.
I have so many unfinished projects sitting around.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:52 pm
ditto, i started making a kimono last yr. and i didn't finish it yet..*sigh..  

Nite of the Deep

face2face
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:02 pm
I've got a kimono in the works, but I think I will make a wa lolita dress out of it instead. I've got two kimonos already, they just aren't very formal. I don't need another one right now, haha!  
Official NANA Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games