18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Other
31%
 31%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 22

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:03 am
(Vash- hope this topic is ok, I know its not really ska related, or not totally)

So, what sorts of music do people like other than ska, or that are sort of ska relateed, but not fully?
For me its got to be punk, J-pop and J-rock and little bit of goth/ metal stuff. Favorite bands that aren't ska include The Clash, Malice Mizer, L'arc en ciel, Gackt, Hyde, Dir en grey, Marilyn Manson, NOFX, err.... god, I really only like ska!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:40 am
definatly punk/hardcore my favorite bands besides anything ska are a bunch of local bands, lower class brats, limpXwrist, good clean fun, youth of today, millions of dead cops, kill your idols, the adicts, toxic narcotic, paint it black, gorilla biscuits, discharge, subhumans, dead kennedys, leftover crack, c**t 45, oi! scouts, some of the casualties, some of analcunt, minor threat, black flag i can ramble on and on i might actually enjoy punk more then ska  

AnonymousJoe

Spiral Tuboflex

Feline Worshipper

26,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Olympian 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:25 am
I'm actually a bigger classic rock fan than anything. I'm sorry to say.

But hey, I just got my first Operation Ivy CD the other day. sweatdrop

Anyways, my favorites: AC/DC, the Ramones, the Doors, Steve Miller Band. And this local band Booboisie. And many many others.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:27 pm
girl_no_13
(Vash- hope this topic is ok, I know its not really ska related, or not totally)

So, what sorts of music do people like other than ska, or that are sort of ska relateed, but not fully?
For me its got to be punk, J-pop and J-rock and little bit of goth/ metal stuff. Favorite bands that aren't ska include The Clash, Malice Mizer, L'arc en ciel, Gackt, Hyde, Dir en grey, Marilyn Manson, NOFX, err.... god, I really only like ska!

Just so you know, goth and metal are completely different. There's no connection between the two.

Anyways, my favorite genre aside from ska is progressive rock. Bands like Ayreon, The Alan Parsons Project, Porcupine Tree, and Godspeed You Black Emperor!  

IbunWest

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:25 am
IbunCloudslayer
girl_no_13

Just so you know, goth and metal are completely different. There's no connection between the two.

Anyways, my favorite genre aside from ska is progressive rock. Bands like Ayreon, The Alan Parsons Project, Porcupine Tree, and Godspeed You Black Emperor!

I know, but I like so few matal and goth bands that I tend to lump them together, also there are bands I love but dont know how to class, for example My Ruin, who i will NOT describe as Riot Girrl, and to me slightly resemble metal, goth and rock.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:40 am
hmm, other than ska i love reggae and dub, used to be a huge metal fan (not so much now) and i also love punk.  

ll llchas_smashll ll

[Play Ziggy]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:05 pm
I like industrial, thats defiantly not ska related.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:17 pm
I seriously LOVE Techno/Trance/Happy Hardcore/Dance/Rave/Deep Beat/Ambient/anything dancish cool  

King Of The Ska
Captain

ll llchas_smashll ll

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:18 pm
King Of The Ska
I seriously LOVE Techno/Trance/Happy Hardcore/Dance/Rave/Deep Beat/Ambient/anything dancish cool

rave/danceyness is a genre that i could never get into at all, i hate it with passion.....  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:12 am
ll llchas_smashll ll
King Of The Ska

rave/danceyness is a genre that i could never get into at all, i hate it with passion.....

Me too, apart from Drum n Bass, which amuses me, and one of my favorite bands have a skacore drum'n'bass song, odd but it works.  

girl_no_13

Fanta08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 8:10 pm
I love everything.

But mostly:

Hardcore: Sick of It All, Agnostic Front, All Out War, Bane, Dillinger Escape Plan, HORSE the Band, Minor Threat, Teen Idles, Champion, WarZone, MadBall...

Metal: Morbid Angel, GWAR, Iced Earth, Rammestein, White Zombie, Coal Chamber, Pantera, Slayer...

90s Alternative Rock: The Cure, Jesus and The Mary Chain, Depeche Mode, The Smiths, Morrissey, The Cranberries, The Pixies, Hole, R.E.M...

Goth rock: Swtichblade Symphony, Bauhaus, London After Midnight...

Oi!: c**k Sparrer, Sham 69, Combat 84, The Devotchkas...

And so much classic rock I wont even bother listing.

biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:31 am
Lyd
I love everything.

But mostly:

Hardcore: Sick of It All, Agnostic Front, All Out War, Bane, Dillinger Escape Plan, HORSE the Band, Minor Threat, Teen Idles, Champion, WarZone, MadBall...

Metal: Morbid Angel, GWAR, Iced Earth, Rammestein, White Zombie, Coal Chamber, Pantera, Slayer...

90s Alternative Rock: The Cure, Jesus and The Mary Chain, Depeche Mode, The Smiths, Morrissey, The Cranberries, The Pixies, Hole, R.E.M...

Goth rock: Swtichblade Symphony, Bauhaus, London After Midnight...

Oi!: c**k Sparrer, Sham 69, Combat 84, The Devotchkas...

And so much classic rock I wont even bother listing.

biggrin

Awesome opossum!  

King Of The Ska
Captain

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:14 pm
I'm actually more into punk than ska, but that should come as no surprise, I also love classic rock, and once in a while enjoy a little power metal (The only genre of metal that doesn't suck). I don't listen to enough power metal to list anything, but here's a nice list of everything else.

Punk: Against Me!, Bad Religion, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Rancid, Dead Kennedy's, Sex Pistols, The Exploited, The Vandals, The Pillows (Japanese punk, yo!), Billy Talent, The Talking Heads (Pre-punk band that I'm sure none of you have even heard of)
Classic Rock: AC/DC, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Hot Tuna  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:48 am
Ska is awesome and all but I like more of old Rock like Queen, Weezer, The Police, Offspring(which is california style) and No Doubt which is ska biggrin
And I liked the old Green Day more then the new ones
and i like some Rob Zombie  

Whack-a-mole

girl_no_13

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:51 am
Ivan_The_Punk
I'm actually more into punk than ska, but that should come as no surprise, I also love classic rock, and once in a while enjoy a little power metal (The only genre of metal that doesn't suck). I don't listen to enough power metal to list anything, but here's a nice list of everything else.

Punk: Against Me!, Bad Religion, Anti-Flag, The Casualties, Rancid, Dead Kennedy's, Sex Pistols, The Exploited, The Vandals, The Pillows (Japanese punk, yo!), Billy Talent, The Talking Heads (Pre-punk band that I'm sure none of you have even heard of)
Classic Rock: AC/DC, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Hot Tuna

I have heard of Talking heads, and yay- The Pillows! Have you heard any other Japanese punk? Stance Punks did the song at the end of Battle Royale 2, its pretty good but i havent heard any of their other stuff.  
Rude Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff