Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply [The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)
[Sailor Moon] O_o Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

couples? :P
KunzitexZoicite - Well it IS cannon, and so cute to watch too X)
37%
 37%  [ 9 ]
DarienxAndrew - ...Opposites attract? XD
25%
 25%  [ 6 ]
Kunzitexbrainwashed Darien - oh come on, all that arguing during was clearly a sign of unresolves sexual tension...
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
ZoicitexNephrite - would make a strange interesting relationship to watch X3
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Other - tell me what you fancy ^_^
12%
 12%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 24

Yofiel

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:35 pm
I've been a fan of Sailor moon ever since I was around 7, when my sisters and I used to cuddle up in the mornings and watch it X) I practically grew up with it; so I suppose its the first anime I ever watched... we're all still obsessed with it; my brother brought us the whole western series for Christmas heart

I'm aware that alot of people hated the western version for all the atuff they cut out/changed (like the fact that Zoicite was actually a guy, which I only just found out around a year ago XD or how a lot of people hated the English voices...) but I kinda liked it... I loved sailor moons voice and I still have the theme song on my MP3player X)

It wasn't until a little while ago that I started wondering about the slash in the series... I thought nothing of it at first because the five main characters are girls XD but there are actually more guys in the series then I remember, and a lot more slash xD

*coughs* ANYWAY, I'm not sure if anyone still remembers/watches.likes Sailor Moon anymore... But I really wanted to make this thread X)

Oh, and excuse me if I used some of the English names in the poll, I cant remember all the Japanese ones XP and that all the characters are from the first season... Thats all I've rewatched so far and I dont remember anyone else O_o;;  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:47 am
SM was great! I sometimes think that is true gateway anime to all things “deviant”. Incest, homosexuality, transexuality, bestiality etc. SM brings it all to us and more! I love that series. XD

Haruka and Michiru were always my obsession for this series but a few years back Nephrite/Jadeite started making a special place in my heart. I saw some doujin for them, read some fanfics. It was fun. I do like Kunzite/Zocite too. It’s wonderfully canon and pretty and nice. :3 But as far as the gay goes Nephrite/Jadeite win out.

I can actually see Mamoru/Kunzite… actually more like Prince Endymion/Kunzite since they were pretty close back when the four kings were Endymion’s generals. I always wished Mamoru’s powers weren’t dumb down so much in the anime. I always thought it was cool that he could channel his general’s spirits and speak with them. I also always thought it would make for some great spirit-sex too… but I’m insane.

Also! Your Death Note banner-thingie is so freaking awesome. heart heart  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

Yofiel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:20 am
Another SM fan! ^_^ hehe, yeah, SM is just plain awesome heart There where few characters in Sm I didn't like, and the story (while a little repetitive at times)9 was really cool <3

You'll have to forgive me for this but I hardly know any of the Japanese names at all >.>; to be truthfull I;m only just discovering everything I missed in the Japanese version O_o (aah the glory of YouTube...XD) Who are Haruka and Michiru?

I think KunzitexZoicite is my favorite slash pairing so far. Zoicite is just so silly XD I love watching them interact (I swear half the time its just them sitting there while Zoi whines about something and Kunzite stokes him and tells him to be patient... XD) and they just... look so pretty together <3

I cant ever remember seeing Nephrite and Jedeite interact so I have no idea what to think of them as a pairing... but they would look very pretty together X) (and I can kinda see them working out as a pairing...) Even though its not slash, I kinda have a thing for NephxNaru. There's just something so sweet and innocent about it... >.> (though maybe its just because Naru was the only one who ever made him really smile or laugh XP) Aaagh, it almost killed me when he died crying he was so cool...

Mamoru... thats Darien right? hehe, yeah they'd make a neat couple X3 I love watching them argue... Kunzite things he's really awesome and Darien never knows what he wants to do (one day he's saying he wants to help Queen Beryl but the next he's saving the sailor scouts... Oh he says its because it messes with his "plans" but who really believes that? rolleyes ) who's Endymion? (XD I dont know if the western version went that far...)

*pause* Wait... There was incest in SM? is that with those doom tree twins? (god I LOVED those two heart next to Queen Beryl and her minions they were toe coolest villains EVER <3)

Hehehe, thanks X) I'm kinda proud of it myself... I don't often manipulate pictures so I'm kinda surprised it came out like that... I love Matsuda's expression XD  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:08 pm
Yofiel
You'll have to forgive me for this but I hardly know any of the Japanese names at all >.>; to be truthfull I;m only just discovering everything I missed in the Japanese version O_o (aah the glory of YouTube...XD) Who are Haruka and Michiru?

Sorry! I read the manga and watched the anime so sometimes I get all crossed as to which names were changed where. They called him Endymion in the translated manga but just Prince Darien in the anime right? Endymion was Darien’s name when he ruled the Earth Kingdom. And yeah, Mamoru is Darien‘s Japanese name. Haruka and Michiru are Uranus and Neptune respectively. I didn’t watch the dub long enough to know what names they got.

Yofiel
I cant ever remember seeing Nephrite and Jedeite react so I have no idea what to think of them as a pairing... but they would look very pretty together X) (and I can kinda see them working out as a pairing...) Even though its not slash, I kinda have a thing for NephxNaru. There's just something so sweet and innocent about it... >.> (though maybe its just because Naru was the only one who ever made him really smile or laugh XP) Aaagh, it almost killed me when he died crying he was so cool...

Yeah, Nephrite/Jadeite is a bit of a stretch, even I’ll admit it. It was fandom that converted me too. I’ll admit that. lol Before that I was all for Jadeite/Rei and Nephrite/Naru (well who wasn’t? lol). It really stems from their past lives, since they were friends and stuff before Beryl came and ruined everything. Just about any pairing is possible if you think in terms of the Moon Kingdom years. ^^ Which is also where the Jedeite/Rei comes from. I've seen alot of art of them together in their past lives, it got me thinking. I wrote few stories about them years ago.

Yofiel
hehe, yeah they'd make a neat couple X3 I love watching them argue... Kunzite things he's really awesome and Darien never knows what he wants to do (one day he's saying he wants to help Queen Beryl but the next he's saving the sailor scouts... Oh he says its because it messes with his "plans" but who really believes that? rolleyes )

Mm. They would be a pretty hot couple. I agree. I'm sure Kunzite would also enjoy having a lover who isn't insane. But I think he really liked that about Zoi. ^^;;;

Yofiel
*pause* Wait... There was incest in SM? is that with those doom tree twins? (god I LOVED those two heart next to Queen Beryl and her minions they were toe coolest villains EVER <3)

Yup the twins were a major source of it. But Chibiusa (Rini) had this huge creepy incest thing going on for her father. It was totally one-sided. I think it was dumb down in the anime (both English and Japanese), but I remember giving my manga weird looks when she’d interact with him. But then, I never liked Chibiusa (Sailor Moon SuperS is my least favorite season for this reason) so I was always giving her weird looks. Sometimes I think that Usagi and Mamoru of the future booted her back to the past ‘cause they were tired of dealing with her.

I agree, the Dark Kingdom group were always the best. I did really like Sailor Galaxia in the final season. I thought she was pretty cool too. And a few other characters here and there as well, but the Dark Kingdom group will always have a special place in my heart.

Now I want to listen to my Sailor Moon CD and I can’t find it! ;_;  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

Yofiel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:39 pm
No no, its quite alright ^_^ the name changes were weird and completely different from the normal ones...

Oooh them; they were originally in love or something right? I really wanted to see them O.O (I really hope we can buy the Japanese version; there's so much that was left out and changed... And much as I love the scouts English voices I'd rather watch it in its original form razz )

XD its strange how fandoms can do that sometimes, no matter how bizarre/unbelievable the pairing is...

...Wait... the dark four had lives... Before Queen Beryl? eek I really have to get my hands on that manga... (And I'm still collecting AN Angel and Host Club too... xd )
Heey, JedeitexRey would me neat :3 I could see them being a cool couple

NepritexNaru is so cute... I love that bit in his last episode where she tells him she wanted to eat Chocolate Partfait with him and he says he likes them just to make her happy... X)

DarienxKunzite would probably be one of my second favorite pairings just because its amusing... But nothing will EVER be as cool as ZoixKunzite <3 Aagh, I love that bit in ep 29 where Kunzite says Motoko's girlfriend is pretty and Zoi gets all angry and jealous...XD

You know... I think ZoisitexNephrite would have been pretty cool too... they'd have that whole love/hate thing going on XD

Aaagh, I HATED her scream she was really annoying and always getting in the way of Serena and Darien (at the time we all wanted them to get together XD a part of me still does too...) is it just me or does nobody like Rini/chibiusa? XD
Ooh wait... Darien WAS her father wasnt he..? O___o whoah... weeeird... I never realized before
I don't think we saw that far sadly, as far as I remember we got up to that guy Ruby and his weird group of magic girls... And some guy called pearl or something... he was this evil dude who I think looked a lot like Darien... agh I don't remember DX

Though the Dark kingdom is my favorite part so far... even if thew doom tree WAS really awesome (I have a big obsession with twins too X3)  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:24 pm
Yofiel
Oooh them; they were originally in love or something right?

Yup, Haruka and Michiru were official gay and in love. If you swing by the shoujo ai/yuri guild you’ll see all kinds of stuff about them. They’re a lot of people’s first yuri love. XD I love them so much. XD

Yofiel
...Wait... the dark four had lives... Before Queen Beryl? eek I really have to get my hands on that manga... (And I'm still collecting AN Angel and Host Club too... xd )

Oh yeah, they so had lives before Beryl. They were good guys! Queen Metallia (I think that was her name. It’s been a long time since I read the manga) brainwashed them or gave Beryl the power to or something like that. The anime never got into it (it didn’t get into a lot of things, like Metallia).This is mostly because Mamoru was ignored by the animators. He had like no powers. He had powers in the manga. Not a lot but he had some. He could channel the earth, he could speak to the four Kings’ spirits and stuff.

You could go sit in a book store and read it. Or buy that instead of DN Angel lol.

Yofiel
You know... I think ZoisitexNephrite would have been pretty cool too... they'd have that whole love/hate thing going on XD

Nephrite/Zoicite I don’t feel very much. I love love/hate relationships but I guess they just don’t do it for me. Maybe I just haven’t forgive him for screwing Nephrite over. The only reason I don’t hate Kunzite/Zoicite so much is because of their devotion to each other. That impresses me a lot actually. No matter how much I don’t like Zoicite, I think they’re cute because of their devotion.

Yofiel
Aaagh, I HATED her scream she was really annoying and always getting in the way of Serena and Darien (at the time we all wanted them to get together XD a part of me still does too...) is it just me or does nobody like Rini/chibiusa? XD

I have yet to meet anyone who likes Chibiusa. I hated her a little less when she met Hotaru (Saturn) who I always think is her one true love. One day Chibiusa will realize she’s gay for Hotaru and it shall be strange indeed.

The whole anime has been re-released on DVD. All 200+ episode, including the infamous Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars series. You can rightstuf usually has good discounts. The internet is a wonderful thing. :3  

LadyNox
Vice Captain

Yofiel

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:12 am
Sailor Neptune's the one with the pretty blue-green hair right? I really wanna see her <3 their actually part of the reason I wanna see the whole series XD (the only anime I've seen with yuri in it so far is Noir, which made me sad because of Chloe... Who SO should have been the one to get with Kirika... DX)

...whoah... thats so cool O__o (and so tragic... They could have been good guys! crying ) I wonder what they were like before they were evil...

XD You know... Its weird but I could never completely forgive him either. I cant really hate him because he's just so cute and pretty... But I think he definitely got what he deserved...Even though I wish he hadn't >.>

Sailor moon was the first series I ever series I ever saw where there where villains who actually genuinely cared for each other O_o (It ALWAYS used to annoy me that villains did nothing but double cross and hurt each other even when they were on the same team >.>) I think thats why I love KunxZoi so much...

Hotaru's the one with the straight black hair? I only know her from pictures XD

Aagh; that would cost so much money XD maybe when I have a job I'll go buy it...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:17 am
KunzitexZoicite and DarienxAndrew for my SM slash ~ although I am more femmeslash for the series. Except with Pluto, I hate her *cackles manically* AND YOU ARE NO LONGER IN THE SOLAR SYSTEM B****, YOU ARE JUST SOME... SUB-PLANET-THINGY!!!

Heh, sorry about that, long standing hatred of Sailor Pluto.

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

ritsu chaos

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:48 pm
LadyNox
Haruka and Michiru are Uranus and Neptune respectively. I didn’t watch the dub long enough to know what names they got.
Oh god, I gotta dig deep into my brain for old memories >< I believe they called Michiru/Neptune "Michelle" in the english version... As for Haruka/Uranus I can't say for sure... But I THINK it's "Amara".

As for my favourite slash pairings... I don't have many ^^; I was just a fan of Seiya, but not pairing him up with anyone (well.... his silver-haired companion would have been a cute pair-up ^^ forgive me, I've forgotten his name)

lurkindarkness
Except with Pluto, I hate her *cackles manically* AND YOU ARE NO LONGER IN THE SOLAR SYSTEM B****, YOU ARE JUST SOME... SUB-PLANET-THINGY!!!
Best diss ever XP  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:34 pm
Darien/Mamoru x Fiore from Sailor Moon R: The Movie. heart Really obvious that Fiore didn't see Darien as just a friend.

[I know that I shouldn't post a picture here, but it's URL and there isn't a Sailor Moon thread in the picture post area.]

Ouka of Heaven and Hell

LadyNox
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:45 pm
Ouka of Heaven and Hell
Darien/Mamoru x Fiore from Sailor Moon R: The Movie. heart Really obvious that Fiore didn't see Darien as just a friend.

[I know that I shouldn't post a picture here, but it's URL and there isn't a Sailor Moon thread in the picture post area.]

*laughs* Just seeing that picture again makes me want to see this movie again! *rummages for it* OMG, Fiore was so gay for Mamoru! You’re right! I forgot about that.

That was such a great movie too. :3  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:05 am
xD I loved the Sailor Moon R movie!
Mamoru and Fiore were SO wanting eachother xD poor Usagi! She almost got dumped for a guy with pink and green hair who likes flowers...
*sigh*
They would have made a sweeeeeet couple.

I rewatched season 1 (in hideous dub, but whatever) not too long ago, and when Zoicite appeared I was like "wait... isn't that a man? why's he speaking with a girly voice?"
But yeah... stupid homophobic bishcakes D;
And then they wouldn't dub the next season because OH GODS, lesbians will poison the minds of our CHILDREN!
*fumes*
^^ at least we can still watch it online...~
I didn't see the R movie in english, so I wonder how they toned down the subtext there? Maybe turned fiore into a woman? rahaha!

As for slash, I believe that the four generals, Endymion and Fiore are all very slashable... ^^ heart

User_2629207

RoseRosa

Eloquent Rogue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:28 am
No one said Fisheye x Mamrou yet?

I have images on my computer (I'm on my Nan's right now) of Fisheye pinning Mamrou against the wall. It isn't fanart either.

Don't support it but it is yaoi.

Only pic I can find right now so sorry for crappy quality.

Fisheye wants to kiss him!

I haven't actually watched any of Supers so I doubt there was actually any hints.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:40 pm
Rulin' ya universes...

>_< My friend wants to collect the entire series... but he wants the duub *sob* And I wanna watch the first season in Japanese without all the weirdness.

My friends still won't believe me when I say Zoicite is a man... even though there are evidently no boobs in sight, and judging by the other female characters, I'm pretty sure that if Zoicite was a woman, she'd wear a lot less.

Anyway, am I the only one who thinks that Haruka is kinda hot? Like, really. xD hahaha. But srsly, they named her Amara? xD whoooah. So did they attempt to tone things down in the dub? I can't find it so I have no idea...
...since 1992.

User_2629207

Mia Darthorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:26 am
Aah the dubs not THAT bad. Even with all the stuff they changedcut out, I still enjoy it - though to be fair, a lot of it has to do with my finding the bad voices hilarious - with the exception of Mala/Kunzite who's voice I love x3

as for the Zoicite thing, if your friend's new to anime then I wouldn't be surprised, Zoicite's girly enough to be a woman anyway, dub or not xD (though you're right about the way he dresses and stuff. I never even THOUGHT of that xD)
and who's Haruka if you dont mind my asking? I've known SM since I was a kid, but since I'm only really familliar with the dub (I plan on watching the original series on Youtube once I'm done with Gankutsuo xD) I'm only familiar with the american names. and I havent seen passed Rini's arc either  
[The Pocky Shop]____Discussion Of Pre-Existing Creations (Anime/Manga/Books)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games