Submit

Hanging from your daisy chains.
Swinging in the trees.
100%
 100%  [ 19 ]
Total Votes : 19

x Socks x

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 4:16 pm

First off, sorry if there's already a thread for this.
I didn't see one on the first few pages or in the link list.
Delete it if it's a repeat.

User Image

My favorites:
Playground Twist
Happy House
Cities In Dust
Spellbound
Peek A Boo
Red Light
Halloween
Christine
Regal Zone
Trust In Me

Who else listens to them?
What are your favorite songs?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 6:35 pm

Oh, Siouxsie and the Banshees. One of my favorite bands of all time. I love music from every era of their long career, as well as from the side project The Creatures.

Siouxsie Sioux, is without a doubt, the Queen of Goth.

GilAskan
Crew

x Socks x

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:38 am

GilAskan
Oh, Siouxsie and the Banshees. One of my favorite bands of all time. I love music from every era of their long career, as well as from the side project The Creatures.

I've heard very little of them only because I can't find a CD anywhere.
I'll have to go to Cheapo sometime or something, but I need more.
I've had the same twenty songs for a year now.

Question: How is it pronounced? "Soosee" or "Soozee?"
I've been wondering this for a while now. sweatdrop
PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:53 am

[ Brain Damage ]
GilAskan

I've heard very little of them only because I can't find a CD anywhere.
I'll have to go to Cheapo sometime or something, but I need more.
I've had the same twenty songs for a year now.

Question: How is it pronounced? "Soosee" or "Soozee?"
I've been wondering this for a while now. sweatdrop

How you pronounce her name depends on where you're from. However you would pronounce the name Susie is how you would pronounce her name. As a whole, "Soozee" is more common.

As for her CD's, quite a few are out of print, but you can still find them. Most major retailers (Best Buy, Borders, etc.) will have them.

GilAskan
Crew

Cockroach Waltz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:50 am

Siouxsie and the Banshees changed my life.

Seriously, I'm obsessed with them.

I usually go through periods where I listen to one or two songs in particular and then I switch to something else.

I own 5 of their albums, most of the them I got off Amazon but I found Once Upon a Time and Twice Upon a Time in stores.

^_^
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:37 am

I got an iTunes giftcard for Christmas, so I'll most likely be buying a CD of theirs from the iTunes store. Since iTunes can be sort of snobby, I'd assume that they only have the Albums that have been recently remastered? If so, any suggestions on which would be my best purchase? Although, I really, really would love to have Tinderbox or Juju. I'm not even sure that those are available. I'll have to check.

When I actually decided to go and search Goth-rock, they were the first google result. For the longest time, I was convinced that there was just no such thing, and that it was just a stupid middle school label attatched to music. When I downloaded "Peek A Boo" off of Bearshare, I didn't really like it. Although, it also wasn't like anything I'd heard, so my ears were still adjusting. Then, oddly enough for me, I actually gave another song a chance. "Cities In Dust" immediately won me over.

That's my story.
xd

x Socks x

Cockroach Waltz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:23 pm

[ Brain Damage ]
I got an iTunes giftcard for Christmas, so I'll most likely be buying a CD of theirs from the iTunes store. Since iTunes can be sort of snobby, I'd assume that they only have the Albums that have been recently remastered? If so, any suggestions on which would be my best purchase? Although, I really, really would love to have Tinderbox or Juju. I'm not even sure that those are available. I'll have to check.

When I actually decided to go and search Goth-rock, they were the first google result. For the longest time, I was convinced that there was just no such thing, and that it was just a stupid middle school label attatched to music. When I downloaded "Peek A Boo" off of Bearshare, I didn't really like it. Although, it also wasn't like anything I'd heard, so my ears were still adjusting. Then, oddly enough for me, I actually gave another song a chance. "Cities In Dust" immediately won me over.

That's my story.
xd
I'd go for Juju myself, or any of the first couple of albums, there amazing. Not to say the ones from Hyeana up are s**t, but with a lot of them its either hit or miss
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:35 am

i'm not huge into them but....well most of what i've heard i've liked

ketchakik

XAngelFromYourNightmareX

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:15 pm

Love 'em
heart
Israel would have to be my favorite song.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:57 am

XAngelFromYourNightmareX
Love 'em
heart

That's an amazing song <3.

One of my all time favourites.

Cockroach Waltz

bluerain202

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 3:29 pm

I really like covers by Siouxsie and the Banshees for some reason, especially the Passenger by Iggy Pop. And their version of Helter Skelter was classically goth.
My favorite songs would probably be Voodoo Dolly, Spellbound, and Cities in the Dust
Like who doesn't love siouxsie's voice?
heart
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:21 pm

Cockroach Waltz
XAngelFromYourNightmareX
Love 'em
heart

That's an amazing song <3.

One of my all time favourites.
Yes.
3nodding

I listen to it every weekend on my Ipod when I go out on walks.

XAngelFromYourNightmareX

XAngelFromYourNightmareX

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:23 pm

bluerain202
I really like covers by Siouxsie and the Banshees for some reason, especially the Passenger by Iggy Pop. And their version of Helter Skelter was classically goth.
My favorite songs would probably be Voodoo Dolly, Spellbound, and Cities in the Dust
Like who doesn't love siouxsie's voice?
heart
All those songs are fantastic!

I agree. Siouxsie Sioux's voice is soo seductive. cool

And I'm straight. <33
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:29 pm

Her voice is very soothing. whee And the lyrics are just completely amazing. I constantly and randomly write pieces of lyrics on and in my notebook during classes. xd

Her hair is the s**t. I've tried to do it, and failed. It's for Siouxsie only.

x Socks x

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:02 pm

I've heard a CD (the best of) from them before, but I haven't seriously gotten into them until now... lol, Dizzy always lulls me into a trance whee sweatdrop

Currently I'm looking to get either The Scream or Peepshow... which one would you guys recommend?
Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff